Join for free
Jem
Chatterbox
Dublin
Jem is male  Jem has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-01-2019, 09:23 PM

Re: Leisurely Scribbles (part 5)

Of course when plastic first arrived on the domestic scene it was the ultimate material, and indeed it is a great material when managed properly and disposed of in a sensible way, however everyone jumped on the bandwagon, glass bottles were replaced, a very bad move considering how many millions of folks used them every day, they regret that move today are are trying to reinstate the glass returnable bottles, plastic cups and bottles resulted in over production of plastics with nobody concerned giving two hoots how the product was to be safely disposed of, bad management again, ending up as a huge problem for us all, and it will take us all to put it right, if we ever can.
(sorry if that sounds like preaching, it’s not meant to, but I have seen this coming and I’ve grown to hate plastic now) Bring back rubber!!!

I can remember when rubber was king
They used to put rubber in everything
From tyres to toys, even rubber bands
And rubber gloves that covered the hands
Rubber brakes on bikes to make you stop quick
And a little bit on the end of your walking stick.

I liked the ‘Rubber Era’, I remember I had a toy rubber police car with NYPD printed on the side of it, impossible to break it hard as I tried. Eventually cracks developed in the rubber and when it was left out in the garden to confront the elements it just sort of decomposed itself.

And now, Bobby Vee, bouncing his rubber ball merrily away.

spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-01-2019, 10:11 PM

Lets hope the Rubber Era is never erased.
Jem
Chatterbox
Dublin
Jem is male  Jem has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-01-2019, 10:51 PM

Originally Posted by spitfire ->
Lets hope the Rubber Era is never erased.
Could you expand on that please?
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-01-2019, 11:01 PM

No, in a perfect world there would be no Droopy Drawers, hence the universe can not be eternally "Expanding".
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire

29-01-2019, 11:04 PM

I wonder what Mark Twang would have typed?
Jem
Chatterbox
Dublin

29-01-2019, 11:05 PM

Quote Sweetie Pie:‘What about safety deposits?”

What about gold deposits? There used to be gold in the Wicklow Mountains, I wonder is it all gone or should I take my mule, shovel, and pan up there come the summer, get away from it all, and who knows I might bag me a few ounces into the bargain, whatcha think? I aways wanted to do a bit of prospecting, there’s something romantic about fancying your prospects.

“And Malachi wore the collar of gold that he took from the proud invader”
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire

29-01-2019, 11:09 PM

Gummy used to fancy his prospects, I miss the Alfie mail.
Sweetie pie
Chatterbox
Dorset
Sweetie pie is female  Sweetie pie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-01-2019, 12:18 AM

Good Night Possums.
Sorry I missed your posts.
I will make up for it tomorrow.
gumbud
Chatterbox
australia
gumbud is male  gumbud has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-01-2019, 07:12 AM

'Ello playmates/chipmunks and spittie! I have been flattened ; gazumped ; swamped and mortified by cyclones and monsoonal downpours that wiped out the 'net in the whole region [never mind about show us ya nether regions!]

the good man attended today from Sri Lanka - no it didn't take 'im a month to get 'ere - 'e lives 'ere but he is originallyxxxxxxxxxxxxoh never mind I'll explain it later arfter I've ad me exprezzo cafeine drinko. however he had is yellow elluminous jacket on the NBN - and fixed it!

I have read 'yawn' oh sorry all of yea comments since my last one a month ago and have sent separate replies to them all or in the mail to you individually as I didn't want any misunderstanding or embarr 'arse meant occurring!

Wot 'ave you dun with RJ ?

Stories?? - I do vividly recall the first time I inserted my picolo!! - there she was in the hands of another man and he said - "time to try insertin ya picolo young fella"

He thrust her against me lips and said " stick that in ya mouth and suck on it for a while then give it a good blow job - it'll be good practice for the future"!!

It was my very first band practice as the band master handed me a picolo and I've played with me picolo ever since and now know how to insert it professionally!!
Pug
Chatterbox
East Anglia,UK
Pug is male  Pug has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-01-2019, 07:56 AM

I say!
It's that cad from the Nether Regions,back to lower the tone [and rental prices] of our deerly [which is like 'dearly',but with bigger horns] beloved for-umm-diddly-um-pum! So-you replied to 'each one' regarding PM's sentcha,eh? ....'cept ME,of-ferkin-COARSE! [which is like 'course',but rougher] Y'G'LAH,you! Right-that's the last time I send my carrier ba..er...pigeon zooming across to Gallahland t'check all's well!

HMMPH!

[and whilst I'm here-welcome back,you old fart. It's not NEARLY as much fun without you here t'throw insults at. So shove yer piccolo tightly up,get yer Twitter page opened... and start tweeting!

[and it's 'EXPREXXO',you fikky!]

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top