Join for free
Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-01-2021, 11:16 PM

Re: What has been your major achievement today or plan for tomorrow?

Originally Posted by AnnieS ->
Pesta you could bury the aerial and dish - RIP (pieces rather than "peace") and get a smart TV which you could use to watch most of the channels as well as netflix and you tube if you fancy that. Depends on your internet signal as to whether that's an option. You wouldn't have all the freeview channels but you could maybe get an add on for that. The smart tellies aren't too dear these days and you can also use them for facebook and viewing pics from your phone etc.
But would it be watching you? You started this most recent phase.
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-01-2021, 11:33 PM

Originally Posted by spitfire ->
But would it be watching you? You started this most recent phase.
Yes and also listening but so does your phone and laptop so you may as well make it a threesome
Lindyloo
isle of wight
Lindyloo is female  Lindyloo has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-01-2021, 11:34 PM

Well I've done hardly a thing today! Mega laze! This evening more lazing, watching TV, computer on, facebook etc. ............... when up jumps a dodgy sounding post on fb....... "my life is over" etc etc "walking along XYZ road in the dark till I get run over"........ all very sad. I just so happen to have a card from the Suicide Prevention group here so I called and told them............30 minutes later the person had been found safe and well but distressed..........so there's a result!

Sadly suicide is an almost daily event here and a body was found just off the coast earlier today.............hopefully the FB poster will be okay.
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-01-2021, 11:37 PM

Originally Posted by Pesta ->
Yes, I thought about that Annie, but I begrudge buying another TV when this one works fine. Actually it's really my daughter's. She asked if we could swap as mine was smaller and it would go better in their bedroom. It's not my thing, large TVs, and this is rather large for the room size. I've had for about 2+ years now and got used to it's size. It's one of those plasma ones, which means nothing in particular to me, except I believe they don't do them anymore.

Actually I found a website where it shows how to take get a picture using a paperclip, earring, piece of wire by shoving it in where the aerial lead goes.
I've been itching to have a go, but as it's plasma which I know nothing about, I feared it might blow up or give me a shock or even break the TV.

(I'm in ramble mode sorry )

I knew paperclips would be useful for something in this paperless society. But can't you just try buying one of those cheap aerials that you have in the room with you? I've seen some places where people have stuck them to the outside of windows taped up with insulation tape.
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-01-2021, 11:45 PM

Originally Posted by AnnieS ->
Yes and also listening but so does your phone and laptop so you may as well make it a threesome
Don't do laptops, and the listener to the iphone must not be objectionable to the occasional Fart.
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire

31-01-2021, 11:49 PM

Got the plan for the kitchen revamp sorted, no more scale plans, moved the units about, no more guesswork.
Morticia
Chatterbox
England
Morticia is female  Morticia has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-02-2021, 12:57 AM

Goodness, you're all busy beavers.
I've just about perfected the art of slothfulness now.
Lion Queen
Chatterbox
UK
Lion Queen is female  Lion Queen has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-02-2021, 09:12 AM

I'm still in bed but I plan on doing a session with Mr Motivator and a long walk.

Then im hoping the people come back to take these unsightly, noisy and cold blowing machines back that have been drying out my floor for the past week. Once they've gone I'll sweep up ready for the new floor going down, whenever that will be, can't wait.
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire

01-02-2021, 12:26 PM

Kitchen move round did not go to plan, so chopped some trees down I've been meaning to get round to.
The Artful Todger
Chatterbox
Suffolk UK
The Artful Todger is male  The Artful Todger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-02-2021, 01:57 PM

Well I've just bought some metal. I think it's worth a punt - but not too much.

Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top