Join for free
Page 12 of 21 « First < 2 10 11 12 13 14 > Last »
deylon
Fondly Remembered
Harrow,England
deylon is female  deylon has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-07-2018, 09:13 PM

Re: Chemotherapy

I have had surgery to remove a cancerous growth under my arm pit,then I had Immuno Therapy weekly infusions and also radiation and my growth shrunk ,But as I have been having trouble with my breathing a few months ago my treatment was stopped, [ they say my breathing probs. have nothing to do with my Cancer ],Now Ive got a feeling my growth is growing bigger ,I go back to the cancer clinic in a weeks time so will see then
Val J
East Yorkshire
Val J is female  Val J has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-07-2018, 03:47 PM

Originally Posted by deylon ->
I have had surgery to remove a cancerous growth under my arm pit,then I had Immuno Therapy weekly infusions and also radiation and my growth shrunk ,But as I have been having trouble with my breathing a few months ago my treatment was stopped, [ they say my breathing probs. have nothing to do with my Cancer ],Now Ive got a feeling my growth is growing bigger ,I go back to the cancer clinic in a weeks time so will see then
Deylon, immunotherapy is very good and we are lucky to have it. I was told I had 30% chance depending on my blood test results. I hope they are able to continue your treatment very soon.
Ffosse
Chatterbox
Edinburgh
Ffosse is male  Ffosse has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-07-2018, 05:46 PM

Originally Posted by deylon ->
I hope you get good news, deylon.
Val J
East Yorkshire
Val J is female  Val J has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-07-2018, 08:30 PM

Well I had another round of chemotherapy today but it was touch and go whether it would happen. I have a number of side effects at the moment, including breathlessness and cracked heels. They worry about cracked heels as they can become infected and cause huge problems. I attended the unit as planned and handed in my ‘homework sheet’, (this is a form we are given to fill in regarding symptoms since our last treatment and how we handled them). The chemo nurse wanted to delay my treatment and for me to have a lung scan however the oncology nurse came to check me over and decided this wasn’t necessary and if I wanted the chemo could go ahead. It’s a bit of a trek to Scarborough to be told no treatment, so it went ahead, a bit later than normal but that’s another one out of the way and not feeling too bad at the moment.
Nom
Chatterbox
Northumberland
Nom is male  Nom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-07-2018, 08:35 PM

Take care of your feet Val, i know to my cost how quickly infection can spread.
Val J
East Yorkshire

18-07-2018, 08:42 PM

Originally Posted by Nom ->
Take care of your feet Val, i know to my cost how quickly infection can spread.
Thanks Nom, I’m prediabetic too so do try to keep an eye on them.

The trouble is I have cream to put on my feet but I also like to cover the cracks with plasters. The plasters will not stick to my skin with cream on but if plasters go on first there is nowhere to put the cream! hmmmm .....
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-07-2018, 08:47 PM

I’m pleased today is over for you Val, it must have been worrying for you.

I agree with Nom too, make sure you take care of your feet...
Val J
East Yorkshire

18-07-2018, 08:57 PM

Thanks Mags. I always think it seems strange that our feet are so far away from most of our body but can cause so many problems with infections!
Mel15
Nowhere
Mel15 is female  Mel15 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-07-2018, 10:30 PM

Cotton socks Val

And neutogena hand cream is about the best for cracked skin. Mr Missy used to get cement burns and the cracks in his hands were horrendous. Dermatologist reccomended the neutrogena and his hands have been fine since
Twink55
Chatterbox
Cheshire, England
Twink55 is female  Twink55 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-07-2018, 07:13 AM

Originally Posted by Val J ->
Thanks Nom, I’m prediabetic too so do try to keep an eye on them.

The trouble is I have cream to put on my feet but I also like to cover the cracks with plasters. The plasters will not stick to my skin with cream on but if plasters go on first there is nowhere to put the cream! hmmmm .....
Val, Nom knows from experience with his feet and he is right! I am also diabetic and suffer from very dry feet, and the answer is to wash them every day and then immediately rub cream into them. I use Oilatum, which works well and my doctor supplies it by prescription. If you want to try it , just ask your doctor, because Chemo will have damaged your immune system, so leaves you open to infection when your heels crack. Under the circumstances he may be able to refer you to an NHS podiatrist, who can help remove some of the hard , dry skin!

Page 12 of 21 « First < 2 10 11 12 13 14 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top