Join for free
Page 101 of 274 « First < 51 91 99 100 101 102 103 111 151 201 > Last »
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-03-2018, 07:13 PM

Re: Floydy's All-Time Top 1000 Favourite Albums

I think when we get to the top ten we should all guess what number one will be - although I reckon it might have something to do with your user name.
Floydy
Chatterbox
Nowhere
Floydy is male  Floydy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-03-2018, 09:27 PM

Originally Posted by Longdogs ->
I think when we get to the top ten we should all guess what number one will be - although I reckon it might have something to do with your user name.
How do you know I'm not the world's biggest Keith Floyd fan? Or Floyd Mayweather?
Surfermom
Chatterbox
United States
Surfermom is female  Surfermom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-03-2018, 03:21 AM

Enjoying the choices. Haven't listened to Rafferty in some time so I'll pull some up shortly.

Nom, when my daughter discovered Mama Mia, I relented and let ABBA into the house. Not as bothersome as the first time around

Psmith, 'Til I Die...haunting isn't it? Brian in the depths of depression, this is one of the few songs in which he wrote both the lyrics and music.

I sense some light refraction in our future .

That Steve Miller album was up there as part of the soundtrack of southern California teenagers in the id 70s. It stirs up great memories.
Floydy
Chatterbox
Nowhere
Floydy is male  Floydy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-03-2018, 03:35 AM

Originally Posted by Surfermom ->
Enjoying the choices. Haven't listened to Rafferty in some time so I'll pull some up shortly.

Nom, when my daughter discovered Mama Mia, I relented and let ABBA into the house. Not as bothersome as the first time around

Psmith, 'Til I Die...haunting isn't it? Brian in the depths of depression, this is one of the few songs in which he wrote both the lyrics and music.

I sense some light refraction in our future .

That Steve Miller album was up there as part of the soundtrack of southern California teenagers in the id 70s. It stirs up great memories.
Hi S. (May I refer to you as 'S', S?)
I'll leave PS and Nom to their replies....but Mamma Mia for me is a trifle throwaway. Much prefer their slower numbers.

Let me know if you like that G. Rafferty album as I can submit more tracks or even the full album if you so wish.

Steve Miller we've touched on earlier. I knew loved this album, just wish I'd placed it higher that's all. But even it's showing at this position shows that there are some amazing albums to come.

Light refraction huh? I'm saying nothing about that or prisms in space either for that matter.....although that particular enigma may be answered at some stage.
Maybe not.

Really pleased you're still enjoying all this, Surfermom. (on second thoughts simply calling you 'S' is a tad rude so it's back to the norm there.
Floydy
Chatterbox
Nowhere

16-03-2018, 03:18 PM

Just a couple before school run and gym duties. More tonight.

No.535: "It's Too Late To Stop Now" by Van Morrison (1974)

One of those renowned classic live albums, this was recorded in Los Angeles, Santa Monica and London on Van Morrison's world tour in '74. No vids from the gigs in question, but this is an audio track from one of the best songs, set to some splendid visual images. Rave On John Donne.

Floydy
Chatterbox
Nowhere

16-03-2018, 03:27 PM

No.534: "David Gilmour" by David Gilmour (1978)

The Pink Floyd connection keeps showing its face but where's the band itself? Time will tell on that. For the time being Roger and David will appear in small doses and here's Gilmour's debut solo release.
Rather low key and almost forgotten now as he rarely plays tracks from it live, it's a pretty good album and much better than the follow up About Face which came out in 1984. This track is called 'Mihalis':

Back this evening.
Floydy
Chatterbox
Nowhere

16-03-2018, 07:19 PM

Back again, although nobody's been in here so whatever...

No.533: "Purple Rain" (soundrack) by Prince & The Revolution (1984)

Film soundtracks are eligible in this thread if they comprise new material and not simply a collection of old hits. Purple Rain is a soundtrack and was also a new Prince album and a mighty fine one at that. Full-length version of the title track and that awesome guitar solo:

Floydy
Chatterbox
Nowhere

16-03-2018, 07:26 PM

No.532: "Try Anything Once" by Alan Parsons (1993)

First solo album by Alan Parsons following the disbanding of the "Project" several years beforehand, Try Anything Once stuck to the same formula of using tried and tested session musicians such as Ian Bairnston, Stuart Elliot, Chris Thompson, plus Eric Steart and Christopher Cross guesting on vocals. The final track 'Oh Life (There Must Be More)' is a true story and this video captures the story:

Floydy
Chatterbox
Nowhere

16-03-2018, 07:34 PM

No.531: "If You Can Believe Your Eyes And Ears" by The Mamas & The Papas (1966)

Picking one album for inclusion by this fabulous harmony group, I plumped for their debut, which is still their best imo. John & Michelle Phillips, Mama Cass Elliott and Denny Doherty epitomised the sound of 'flower power' and that 'summer of love' in 1967, cementing their place there a year beforehand with this release. Tracks like 'You Baby' and 'Monday Monday' were instant classics, but I've simply got to play the finest...

Floydy
Chatterbox
Nowhere

16-03-2018, 07:39 PM

No.530: "Working On A Dream" by Bruce Springsteen (2009)

You can't go wrong with The Boss can you? My all-time favourite American artist, you will see much more of him as we go along, but for now here's his 2009 release featuring (but not always) his trusty E Street Band in top form again.

Page 101 of 274 « First < 51 91 99 100 101 102 103 111 151 201 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top