Join for free
Page 11 of 18 « First < 9 10 11 12 13 > Last »
Morticia
Chatterbox
England
Morticia is female  Morticia has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-03-2018, 11:05 AM

Re: Israel - a racist state!!!

I do wish people would try to present an unbalanced, impartial view ... it is pointless and muddies the issue when unsubstantiated claims that appeal to the owner of that view are posted as fact.

There is no age criterion on deportation.
Hence .. they are deporting a 67 year old chap, who is single, with no family.

Immigration Authority figures show there are 251 asylum seekers aged 61-80 in Israel, 211 of them Eritrean and 39 Sudanese. One man is 81 years old or older.
https://www.haaretz.com/israel-news/...sion-1.5934226

They all face deportation or imprisonment. Appeals pending on a case by case procedure.
Perhaps Israel has concerns over a looming old age population as do the UK? Who knows.

The only ones who are not to be deported at this point, the authority said in January, are women, minors, fathers of minors and human trafficking victims.
Morticia
Chatterbox
England
Morticia is female  Morticia has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-03-2018, 11:09 AM

Do I think Israel are racist?
I wouldn't go that far and they are doing what a great many citizens of other countries might wish their own government would do.

But you can't get away from the fact that Israel is ignoring and absolving themselves of any input or responsibility to take in refugees/asylum seekers when globally, other countries get castigated for it and largely have to comply.

No way can this been seen as an admirable trait or something to glorify Israel over, no matter their own turbulent and persecuted past.
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-03-2018, 11:28 AM

Roll up Israel bashers.
Saddle up the moral high horse .
Make sure you are opening your doors to thousands of single African males before you post your self righteous condemnations of a tiny country doing its best .
galty
Chatterbox
rainham essex
galty is male  galty has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-03-2018, 02:31 PM

Originally Posted by Morticia ->
It's not often I agree with you UJ.

I can see both sides of this ... the Israeli's don't want 'unwanted immigrants or refugees' .. and who can blame them. There are a few countries who wish they could turn back the tide... but only Israel has the brass neck to try to enforce it probably because they are currently capitalising on a wave of American sycophancy.

Thing is with Israel ... founded on a stateless group of refugees in the first place, apparently with short memories, it is ironic that they seen to aiming for purity within their own country now.

Rwanda and Uganda appear to be the countries the Israeli's are palming them off on.

Israel’s GDP per capita is more than 50 times that of Rwanda and more than 55 times that of Uganda. Rwanda hosts at least three times more refugees than Israel, and Uganda’s refugee population is more than 20 times that of Israel.
It doesn't make Israel look good.
An interesting post.

Very well put.

ruthio
Chatterbox
Southern UK
ruthio is female  ruthio has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-03-2018, 02:33 PM

Originally Posted by Muddy ->
Roll up Israel bashers.
Saddle up the moral high horse .
Make sure you are opening your doors to thousands of single African males before you post your self righteous condemnations of a tiny country doing its best .
Muddy do you remember when you posted asking Bluey if she was an alcoholic?

Are you Jewish?

Just wondering...
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-03-2018, 03:03 PM

I have stated already twice in as many days that I am not.
Therefore I have no axe to grind I just see this in an objective manner .
However if I were Jewish would it make a difference ?
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK

28-03-2018, 03:07 PM

Ruwanda and Uganda are much nearer to the Sudan and Eterea than Isreal .
There is no danger of racism there as every one is black true or false ?
Uganda alone is 12 times as big as Israel .

So I would ask again all those so quick to condem Israel would they like the UK to open its doors to 40000 single males from Africa ?
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-03-2018, 03:13 PM

You don't know much about Africa then I'd suggest because even within one country you can have tribes prejudiced against another. You can't just say one black man is same as another and plop them down in another country. Rwanda has its own problems and has chosen to help others, sadly Israel isn't keen to do the same.
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK

28-03-2018, 03:17 PM

I bet I know as much as you .
We are all members of tribes whatever our colour .
No one is saying they are all the same .
They are however all the same colour !
Ruwanda does have its own problems SO DOES ISRAEL !
But nevertheless people want to go there .

So I shall ask the question again that no one answers .

If Israel is such a terrible racist place what do so many not only cross continents to get their but want to stay there ?
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-03-2018, 03:21 PM

Lol they aren't even all the same colour. People in Africa vary greatly in colours right across the continent.

So you obviously don't know as much as me on that one at least.

Page 11 of 18 « First < 9 10 11 12 13 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top