Join for free
Page 4 of 5 « First < 2 3 4 5 >
wild blueberry
Toronto, Canada
wild blueberry is female  wild blueberry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-04-2018, 03:51 PM

Re: Finger Nails

Originally Posted by eccles ->
Sadly my nails are a mess now I've got older. I get vertical ridges along every one which wouldn't be except they also split vertically all the time so I'm having to cut the crack back, and they never grow without forming splits. If anyone's got a solution I'd be really grateful. I've tried vitamin D, olive oil and those over the counter bottles which are a waste of money.
I have this also. I hate how they split. I have horrible nails now but they used to be nice.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-04-2018, 07:54 PM

I have never really looked after my nails or my hands for that matter but apart from a few DIY scars they remain as soft as a wotsit.
Rhian
Chatterbox
North Wales
Rhian is female  Rhian has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-04-2018, 07:56 PM

Originally Posted by Longdogs ->
I have never really looked after my nails or my hands for that matter but apart from a few DIY scars they remain as soft as a wotsit.
Brush?
Judd
Chatterbox
West Riding of Yorkshire
Judd is male  Judd has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-04-2018, 10:32 PM

Sadly my nails are a mess now I've got older. I get vertical ridges along every one which wouldn't be except they also split vertically all the time so I'm having to cut the crack back, and they never grow without forming splits. If anyone's got a solution I'd be really grateful. I've tried vitamin D, olive oil and those over the counter bottles which are a waste of money.
That's a coincidence, I noticed grooves in my nails this morning and a quick visit to Google informs me that it's a sign of getting older but can be helped by taking a vitamin A supplement and cod liver oil capsules.
Twink55
Chatterbox
Cheshire, England
Twink55 is female  Twink55 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-04-2018, 07:14 AM

Originally Posted by Judd ->
That's a coincidence, I noticed grooves in my nails this morning and a quick visit to Google informs me that it's a sign of getting older but can be helped by taking a vitamin A supplement and cod liver oil capsules.
You also need vitamin D... so why not sit in the sun eating carrots for a few days. The cod liver oil just loosens up your joints, so makes it easier to carry your deck chair into the garden.
eccles
South West
eccles is female  eccles has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-04-2018, 07:25 AM

Hmm ..... sitting in the sun in the garden? There's just one snag with that one . still, I've got a hot (hopefully) holiday in August, if my nails can last that long.
Twink55
Chatterbox
Cheshire, England
Twink55 is female  Twink55 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-04-2018, 07:28 AM

Hmm ..... sitting in the sun in the garden? There's just one snag with that one . still, I've got a hot (hopefully) holiday in August, if my nails can last that long.
Please don't give him excuses eccles, we have trouble getting him out of bed, let alone into the garden, as it is
Judd
Chatterbox
West Riding of Yorkshire
Judd is male  Judd has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-04-2018, 11:20 AM

Originally Posted by Twink55 ->
You also need vitamin D... so why not sit in the sun eating carrots for a few days. The cod liver oil just loosens up your joints, so makes it easier to carry your deck chair into the garden.
Sun? What sun? Haven't seen that around these parts since last August.

I take those chewable vitamin D tablets instead to stop me getting rickets.
Twink55
Chatterbox
Cheshire, England

12-04-2018, 12:20 PM

Originally Posted by Judd ->
Sun? What sun? Haven't seen that around these parts since last August.

I take those chewable vitamin D tablets instead to stop me getting rickets.
Don't worry Judd, Mups and I are packing our bags as we speak. There will be plenty of sun, for us all, in Sicily!
Nom
Chatterbox
Northumberland
Nom is male  Nom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-04-2018, 12:40 PM

I bite my fingernails but no longer able to reach my toenails.

I need a new friend

Page 4 of 5 « First < 2 3 4 5 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top