Join for free
Page 4 of 12 « First < 2 3 4 5 6 > Last »
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-04-2018, 12:59 PM

Re: Is it time to let Alfie go ?

The parents have been well served by the NHS they have been living in the hospital near their child.
But what about the child ?
On the tv programme it showed its distress at having the tracheotomy tube cleaned and this has to be done 15 times a day .
I presume the parents have the means to take the child to Rome it would be best if the hospital let them .
mesco m
manchester
mesco m is female  mesco m has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-04-2018, 04:04 PM

The older the poor little boy gets the more problems he will have, probably. It would be kinder to let him go now. Having said that I am not one of the parents or family.
tarantula
Chatterbox
UK
tarantula is female  tarantula has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-04-2018, 04:37 PM

Originally Posted by mesco m ->
The older the poor little boy gets the more problems he will have, probably. It would be kinder to let him go now. Having said that I am not one of the parents or family.
The welfare of the child should come first not the feelings of the family.
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-04-2018, 05:43 PM

Originally Posted by mesco m ->
He' not going to get much older he's dying ,
He would be dead now but for the ventilator.
tarantula
Chatterbox
UK
tarantula is female  tarantula has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-04-2018, 03:27 PM

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england...yside-43841547

The Supreme Court has ruled for the second time that the life support should be turned off. The sooner the better, imo.
ruthio
Chatterbox
Southern UK
ruthio is female  ruthio has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-04-2018, 06:03 PM

The ECHR has refused the appeal...an ECHR spokesman said the family's application was "inadmissible".

This nauseous charade must end soon.
If I were a believer I'd pray that this child would die peacefully in his sleep.

He is in a semi vegetative state.
I honestly think that many people don't even understand what that means.
He can't see, hear, swallow, breathe, he can't function in any meaningful way.
He is not aware...

Protesters tried to storm their way into the hospital... suppose they'd gained entry, what were they intending to do?

Rip out Alfie's tubes and carry him to an awaiting plane to Rome?
Drag out the dedicated doctors and execute them in public?
Join hands and chant around Alfie's cot and expect him to get out of bed and walk?
realspeed
Chatterbox
South coast
realspeed is male  realspeed has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-04-2018, 06:15 PM

One can understand how the parents feel, but at some stage they have to let go. I do wonder that by now if they are relishing in the publicity and possibly financial gain.

Everyone loose someone they love during a lifetime be it early or late in life, unfortunately these parents are thinking more of themselves and being selfish
SamTheMan
Merseyside
SamTheMan is male  SamTheMan has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-04-2018, 06:16 PM

Originally Posted by ruthio ->

It doesn't look like the charade is going to end anytime soon. It looks more like, Part 2, has only just started. Little Alfie has been granted, Italian Citizenship...............The Pope wants him back.
We know now, when you leave a couple of quid on the plate each Sunday, a lot of the money must have been spent on this fight.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england...yside-43872678
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-04-2018, 06:24 PM

Originally Posted by ruthio ->
The ECHR has refused the appeal...an ECHR spokesman said the family's application was "inadmissible".

If I were a believer I'd pray that this child would die peacefully in his sleep.

He is in a semi vegetative state.
I honestly think that many people don't even understand what that means.
He can't see, hear, swallow, breathe, he can't function in any meaningful way.
He is not aware...

Protesters tried to storm their way into the hospital... suppose they'd gained entry, what were they intending to do?

Rip out Alfie's tubes and carry him to an awaiting plane to Rome?
Drag out the dedicated doctors and execute them in public?
Join hands and chant around Alfie's cot and expect him to get out of bed and walk?

Good post, ruthio.
tarantula
Chatterbox
UK

23-04-2018, 06:37 PM

This is so very cruel, the parents should be ashamed of themselves as should all those who are encouraging them.

Page 4 of 12 « First < 2 3 4 5 6 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top