Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Uncle Joe
Chatterbox
Brighton UK
Uncle Joe is male  Uncle Joe has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

Uncle Joe
Chatterbox
Brighton UK
Uncle Joe is male  Uncle Joe has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-06-2018, 10:09 AM

Re: Brexit backstop

Despite the cobbled together 'backstop' deal to save Theresa May's job, the EU are saying that the deal is a non-starter!!!

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/u...-a8388026.html
Bigrodsvinyl
New Member!
Derbyshire
Bigrodsvinyl is male 

08-06-2018, 01:25 PM

I have voted in every national and local election since I was 18 and able to do so. Thats at least 50 .As I believe thousands upon thousands have fought and died for me to do so.
All the people out there whichever way you voted in or out.

That democracy and loss of lives has been turned into a joke.
Remember this .if the kaiser or Hitler had won there would be no EU no France no Poland no Netherlands etc.
Our forfather's fought against dictatorship so we could have our democratic rights .
If the vote is not upheld as a wish of the electorate then we have no democracy and my grandfather and many others lost their lives for nothing.
If that is the case I will never vote again.
ps
I pay taxes for my democratic rights.
Should I stop paying.
I actually voted to remain but the remainers thought they had it in the bag . How wrong they were.
Kindest regards
Realist
Chatterbox
UK
Realist is male  Realist has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-06-2018, 04:09 PM

Originally Posted by Bigrodsvinyl ->
That democracy and loss of lives has been turned into a joke.
Remember this .if the kaiser or Hitler had won there would be no EU no France no Poland no Netherlands etc.
Our forfather's fought against dictatorship so we could have our democratic rights .
If the vote is not upheld as a wish of the electorate then we have no democracy and my grandfather and many others lost their lives for nothing.
Totally correct.

Unfortunately the country has unbeknownst to itself, been at war for the past 40 years. The populous have been well and truly duped, hoodwinked, bamboozled and conned (and one should realise instantly that those are the traits of the secret societies).

It has been a war by stealth, by covert means, by subversion and outright fraud.

Politicians of both parties (they're actually the same, nothing more than stooge EU parties) have for the past 40 years engaged in the sell out of the UK and its heritage, values and traditions to the EU. They drafted treaties and got them signed, sealed and ratified behind closed doors without once giving the UK populace a referendum on whether they wanted such a life changing event to occur.

This has been a catalogue of outright subversion and fraud. It should never have happened but the successive governments, all being puppets for the EU masters, have done it nevertheless. Worse still, HM the Queen, who sworth an oath at her Coronation to serve the country, to protect it from foreign rule and to protect the justice system, has given Royal Assent to each of these fraudulent treaties.
These are acts of treason.

What we think of as democracy is in fact just an illusion. There is no real choice as all parties work for the EU and the EU is not going to give up its power. They spent 40 years moving the UK into the EU treaty by treaty. They are not about to give all of that up. Power, Greed, dominance and control rule the roost.

The only problem they face at the moment is how best to keep the UK in the EU (which is utterly inevitable) without the populace thinking they have been betrayed and without the populace taking to the streets in open revolt for the clear and obvious realisation that democracy does not exist.

It's simply a game. A total side show. Neither May nor Corbyn are going to effect a real BrExit. It will never happen.

Our grandparents fought and died for nought. The enemy worked from within, using Common Purpose secret socities, installed members in key positions, infiltrating every key aspect of society, from government, health services, judiciary, police etc etc. Like a dose of chicken pox, the UK was infected and overrun without anyone really understanding how sick it had become.

BrExit fudge is coming. The only question is this . . .

Will you continue to "obey" and live in an EU dictatorship?
Bruv
Kent UK
Bruv is male  Bruv has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-06-2018, 04:13 PM

I couldn't get past the first few paragraphs before snorting in derision.

We must live in different realities
Uncle Joe
Chatterbox
Brighton UK

09-06-2018, 08:34 AM

Michel Barnier has already 'trashed' May's backstop deal !!!

https://www.theguardian.com/politics...-backstop-plan
Flicker
France
Flicker is female  Flicker has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-06-2018, 11:47 AM

And so he should.
How on earth can business cope with a what and a maybe and not sure of timing?
On what basis will the UK want to be in a customs union until it decides it doesn't want to be?

It is a daft idea.
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-06-2018, 12:12 PM

Hi

There is a very simple solution to the Irish Border problem.

The UK just says it will not put any barriers up at all along the Border, no checks whatsoever.

If the EU decide to do Border Checks then that is their problem, they have created a hard Border, not the UK.

They, the EU, must then take responsibility, not the UK.

If they do create a Hard Border then we will stop the Common Travel Area between Ireland and Mainland UK.

Irish Citizens will be subject to Passport Checks and be unable to have free movement to Mainland UK and will be treated the same as any other Economic Migrant.

The vast bulk of Irish Exports to the UK and the EU are agricultural and time sensitive, they can sail round the UK greatly disadvantaging themselves.

I have no wish at all to fall out with Ireland or the rest of the EU, however it is not of our doing, we have made it perfectly clear we have no wish, intention or desire to create a Hard Border.

If they insist on one, then they must face the consequences.

It is time to stop pratting around with Vardakar.
Moscow
Scotland
Moscow is male  Moscow has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-06-2018, 02:06 PM

I'm glad to see you repeating my solution to the Irish border scenario.

Re: Barnier I suggest we completely ignore his inane and obstructive mutterings on Twitter or wherever else he pops up trying to rule the UK from outwith.

The situation we are in was designed, constructed and implemented by the EU.

Article 50 is not a piece of legislation that is fit for purpose with regard to a major economy and contributor such as the UK . It was designed to facilitate smaller nations as the EU, in it's pomposity and arrogance, assumed that a major country like the UK ( or France, Germany or Italy) would ever leave.

The 2 year time frame is fine for the smaller economies but not for the bigger ones.

Still, that's what we have to work with. The EU , in typical intransigent fashion, would not extend the time frame exept through a 'transitional' arrangement and so that's what we are lumbered with.

Not our fault !

As for businesses.........They will cope, they will continue to trade. Business prefers certainty but , by nature, operates always in constant flux.

Brexit doesn't change that.
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-06-2018, 03:31 PM

Originally Posted by Moscow ->
I'm glad to see you repeating my solution to the Irish border scenario.

Re: Barnier I suggest we completely ignore his inane and obstructive mutterings on Twitter or wherever else he pops up trying to rule the UK from outwith.

The situation we are in was designed, constructed and implemented by the EU.

Article 50 is not a piece of legislation that is fit for purpose with regard to a major economy and contributor such as the UK . It was designed to facilitate smaller nations as the EU, in it's pomposity and arrogance, assumed that a major country like the UK ( or France, Germany or Italy) would ever leave.

The 2 year time frame is fine for the smaller economies but not for the bigger ones.

Still, that's what we have to work with. The EU , in typical intransigent fashion, would not extend the time frame exept through a 'transitional' arrangement and so that's what we are lumbered with.

Not our fault !

As for businesses.........They will cope, they will continue to trade. Business prefers certainty but , by nature, operates always in constant flux.

Brexit doesn't change that.
Hi

We will never agree, that is for sure.

We knew the rules when we triggered it, two years and out.

Hence my view that we should not have triggered it until we had everything in place.

Article 50 does not specify the sequence of events, our big mistake was allowing the EU to dictate them.

We have quite simply messed this up.

We are giving Juncker £22 Billion for this.

It really annoys me.

The rest of the Money we owe, subject to International Arbitration.

I have no issues with that at all.

The Brexiteers have delivered on nothing.

We are an International Laughing Stock and boy will we pay for that when it comes to new Trade Deals.

The rest of the World is looking in.

If we cannot deal with a pompous little tinpot like Varadkar we have no chance with the Big Boys.

There should have been no such problems.

Instead we have Government infighting and still no consensus.

Our Government have shown themselves to be completely incompetent and the entire World knows that the alternative, a Corbyn Government, would be even worse for us, but better for them.

I voted Leave, with a heavy heart, it could have worked for us, it certainly works for France and Germany, both of which simply ignore the bits they do not like.

We could have done the same, as a major contributor, we had aces to play.

The Visigrad Group, net recipients,

They have just unilateraly ignored Free Movement and Benefits.

.Spain and Italy have both elected new Governments who are going to be a real pain to the EU.

Austria has a new Government who are taking on Juncker and Co head on.

If we had Politicians with the same backbone as they have we would not have been in this mess. we would have had the Guts to tell the EU to Naff off.

The only Country to run away is the UK.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top