Join for free
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-06-2018, 07:10 PM

The Test for EU Citizens in the UK

Hi

Savid Javed has just announced the test for right to remain.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-44553225

What a load of rubbish.

What it means is that an EU Citizen who has come to work here legally, with a NI Number and a history of paying Tax and NI has to jump througth more hoops, and at a cost, than a an illegal immigrant or a returning ISIS Fighter.

The world has gone mad.

A reminder to him.

There is no existing computer link between NI Numbers and Border Control.

Your own Enforcement Officers, on direct instructions from your Department, the Home Office, are required to release Illegals with no documents back into the General Population on bail.

They then disappear.

Your own Party, the Government, have refused access to the EU databases and Arrest Warrents because they are subject to ECJ Jurisdiction.

Your own staff, on direct instructions from your department, are required at times of high volume, to simply wave people througth without checks.

You are so short of staff that persons reporting for a 12 hour shift can be moved, a two hour wait for transport, then a two hour journey to a differnt access point, then a wait for transport back and non productive travelling time back to base.

A 12 hour shift then means they are working effectively for a maximum of 4 hours.

It is just a joke.
fender
Chatterbox
SE England
fender is male  fender has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-06-2018, 08:18 PM

Re: The Test for EU Citizens in the UK

What a bloody joke.
Have those above forgotten that many wanted to leave the EU due to immigration?

So what do they do? make it easier in some respects.
He said the default position is to allow them to stay and a good reason is needed to refuse. It should be the other way around, a bloody good reason needed to stay.

These cretins are on another planet.
I despair...
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-06-2018, 08:25 PM

It is a well-known fact that politicians and senior civil servants live on a different planet.

In my opinion all of those people, before being given their appointments, must have had a REAL job and shown to be competent at it.
Realist
Chatterbox
UK
Realist is male  Realist has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-06-2018, 09:49 PM

They are simply furthering the EU agenda as they have done these past 40 years. They are not on another planet. They are doing what they have been instructed to do which is to keep on track with the underlying agenda. It's an agenda to eradicate the pure white race, to remove the nationality of "Great Britain" and to ultimately erase it from the history books.

We are being quietly exterminated. We are to be neutered. To become a "nothing people", diluted with all the others being brought into the country until there does not exist a "British" person or "English" person or "Scottish" person. All that will exist will be a population of nothing people which the "masters" will control. The masters themselves will maintain their pure bloodlines and any and all benefits genetically that this provides.

American people know this and are ready and armed to the teeth for the coming fight. The fight between good ordinary people and a totalitarian government hell bent on creating the Orwellian nightmare. That's why the FEMA camps exist, the millions of body bags and plastic body coffins, why they have converted massive Walmart stores into camps and dug massive tunnels beneath them all to connect the camps.

Tory or Labour it doesn't really matter, they are all owned by the EU masters.
Rainmaker
North Midlands UK
Rainmaker is male  Rainmaker has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-06-2018, 11:02 AM

Surely to compare a request to produce ID proof of residency and that they have no criminal convictions is not to onerous task. To compare that with an illegal immigrant who would not be looking to apply for citizenship and an ISIS fighter who is probably a passport of his own already is misleading.

Nor do I think the Sajid Javid mentioned NI numbers, he spoke of Government databases and criminal record checks. I don't know who will be responsible for the checks but since these people are already in the country and working legally I cant see why it needs to be Border Control. Anyone wanting to stay would apply of their own volition.

Although I think we are being overgenerous it will hopefully show up the EU for overbearing bullies they are and it will be interesting to see how they treat our citizens in Europe. All this fuss is just a storm in a teacup.
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-06-2018, 05:39 AM

Originally Posted by Rainmaker ->
Surely to compare a request to produce ID proof of residency and that they have no criminal convictions is not to onerous task. To compare that with an illegal immigrant who would not be looking to apply for citizenship and an ISIS fighter who is probably a passport of his own already is misleading.

Nor do I think the Sajid Javid mentioned NI numbers, he spoke of Government databases and criminal record checks. I don't know who will be responsible for the checks but since these people are already in the country and working legally I cant see why it needs to be Border Control. Anyone wanting to stay would apply of their own volition.

Although I think we are being overgenerous it will hopefully show up the EU for overbearing bullies they are and it will be interesting to see how they treat our citizens in Europe. All this fuss is just a storm in a teacup.
Hi

You misunderstand.

We already have the data on employment, it is with HMRC.

Not to use it is going to take up fast amounts of Border Control time much better spent on the 600,00 illegals already here and stopping more getting in..

Those EU citizens with a serious Criminal Record should not be here anyway.

They have no right to Freeze Movement and the UK has access to the databases already.

We used to check them on entry, we no longer do so.

Who stopped this?

The same person who decimated Border Control, a certain Theresa May.

Taking back control of our Borders is a joke.
Rainmaker
North Midlands UK
Rainmaker is male  Rainmaker has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-06-2018, 09:57 AM

Perhaps I did misunderstand slightly in the context that they will wish to remain here without being British citizens, but retaining the same rights that they have now. They would remain European citizens and not British citizens as I suggested in my last post.

It still seems a reasonable idea to me though and I'm sure the government, or at least the civil servants will know where and how to get or give the information needed. In particular since Europe hasn't bothered to sort out anything for our citizens working in there.

It also seems to me that nothing that this government does with regard to Brexit or anything else will make you happy. I just wish you could find it in yourself to be a little more positive and constructive about things.

You say you voted for Brexit , yet just about every post you make seems to criticise the handling of it. Although on the face of it, in spite of the continued confrontational and awkward behaviour of the European negotiating team we seem to be slowly progressing. I doubt that you or I or anyone on here could make a better job of it. I appreciate your feelings about Theresa May and I'm sure you have your own reasons for feeling that way. My view is that she is doing the best she can under the circumstances but quite frankly she needs to get tougher with the backsliders and certainly tougher with Europe.
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire

24-06-2018, 10:45 AM

Originally Posted by Rainmaker ->
Perhaps I did misunderstand slightly in the context that they will wish to remain here without being British citizens, but retaining the same rights that they have now. They would remain European citizens and not British citizens as I suggested in my last post.

It still seems a reasonable idea to me though and I'm sure the government, or at least the civil servants will know where and how to get or give the information needed. In particular since Europe hasn't bothered to sort out anything for our citizens working in there.

It also seems to me that nothing that this government does with regard to Brexit or anything else will make you happy. I just wish you could find it in yourself to be a little more positive and constructive about things.

You say you voted for Brexit , yet just about every post you make seems to criticise the handling of it. Although on the face of it, in spite of the continued confrontational and awkward behaviour of the European negotiating team we seem to be slowly progressing. I doubt that you or I or anyone on here could make a better job of it. I appreciate your feelings about Theresa May and I'm sure you have your own reasons for feeling that way. My view is that she is doing the best she can under the circumstances but quite frankly she needs to get tougher with the backsliders and certainly tougher with Europe.
Hi

I most certainly did vote leave.

My ire is justified, if May and Co had got their act together we would not be paying through the nose for a transition period.

It seriously annoys me that we are.

I will repeat again and again that there is no free movement for criminals, we choose to do this.

Guy Verhofsstad , the EU Negotiater has pointed out that there is much we could do to limit EU immigration and that his own Country, Belgium has done this, as have other EU Countries, the French are experts at it.

Two years after the Referendum and we are still letting all and sundry in, including gangs of Roma Criminals.

How can that be right?
Rainmaker
North Midlands UK

24-06-2018, 11:30 AM

It's right because at present we are still governed by European regulations, and Britain, as you know, has a reputation for abiding by the rules. As for the Guy Verhofstadt?, Who would note anything said by a Belgian politician? In fact come to think of it, how many Belgian politicians have said anything of note? They can't even form a government most of the time. In addition he has a reputation for being anti-British and only today he's admitted that the European Union have not moved on any plans to decide on the rights of British expats post Brexit.

However, be that as it may, it's not my intention to get involved in a long drawnout who's right and who's wrong argument, life's too short and rather than have a negative outlook I prefer to have a positive one .

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top