Join for free
Page 4 of 5 « First < 2 3 4 5 >
summer
Chatterbox
yorkshire
summer is female  summer has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-07-2018, 09:47 AM

Re: Dreams and do you understand what they mean to you?

Originally Posted by mart ->
A frequent dream is about parking the car somewhere and never finding it again. When looking for the car, the scenery, buildings and street layout is nothing like it was when the car was parked.

I dream about being lost in other ways as well but when things get too bad, I can eventually say "This is just a dream" and wake myself up.

Same as me Mart when it really upsets me I wake myself up too...it's a relief it's only a dream
Ffosse
Chatterbox
Edinburgh
Ffosse is male  Ffosse has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-07-2018, 05:28 PM

I always seem to have good dreams, all jumbled up, but nothing like nightmares which I have never really suffered.
tarantula
Chatterbox
UK
tarantula is female  tarantula has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-07-2018, 05:31 PM

My dreams are usually related to what is going on in my life.
Ffosse
Chatterbox
Edinburgh
Ffosse is male  Ffosse has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-07-2018, 05:36 PM

Mine are often about the past, whether it's 8 or 9 years ago or sometimes I'll dream about my childhood.
Tachyon
Internet Citizen :)
Tachyon is male  Tachyon has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-07-2018, 07:24 PM

I have a few categories of dreams that recur over the months/years..

One is where I can almost fly, but it's more like jumping in Lunar gravity... One jump can glide me for ages, over people's heads in the street and carrying me about 100 yards, followed by kicking off the side of a building and swooping a bit higher. This dream can go on for quite a while. Great fun!

Another is where I have a 1-to-1 chat with complete strangers who tell me bits of their life stories. They're fascinating and the subjects have nothing to do with what I've read lately or seen on TV. I remember several of those even though it was years ago when I dreamt them.

The best one is where I lucid dream, and in my dream I know I am actually asleep and dreaming. I can subtly twist the path of the dream the way I want it to go, but it has to be done subtly. Too big a change and it breaks the dream. I doubt I've done it more than three or 4 times in my life though.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-07-2018, 10:49 PM

Originally Posted by mart ->
A frequent dream is about parking the car somewhere and never finding it again. When looking for the car, the scenery, buildings and street layout is nothing like it was when the car was parked.

I dream about being lost in other ways as well but when things get too bad, I can eventually say "This is just a dream" and wake myself up.
I think that is a very common dream Mart. I know I have had that dream over and over again.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-07-2018, 10:51 PM

Originally Posted by Tachyon ->
I have a few categories of dreams that recur over the months/years..

One is where I can almost fly, but it's more like jumping in Lunar gravity... One jump can glide me for ages, over people's heads in the street and carrying me about 100 yards, followed by kicking off the side of a building and swooping a bit higher. This dream can go on for quite a while. Great fun!

Another is where I have a 1-to-1 chat with complete strangers who tell me bits of their life stories. They're fascinating and the subjects have nothing to do with what I've read lately or seen on TV. I remember several of those even though it was years ago when I dreamt them.

The best one is where I lucid dream, and in my dream I know I am actually asleep and dreaming. I can subtly twist the path of the dream the way I want it to go, but it has to be done subtly. Too big a change and it breaks the dream. I doubt I've done it more than three or 4 times in my life though.
One of my earliest dreams was jumping down the stairs with no gravity, then flying off at the bottom. I was only about 5 and I can remember considering trying it in the morning to see if it would work. Luckily I didn't do it.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England

10-07-2018, 10:52 PM

Originally Posted by summer ->
Ha! Well your dream made me laugh LD it is very funny...wonder what it means

My dreams are always that I need to get somewhere very urgently but there are so many obstacles in the way I never make it... sometimes I manage to wake myself up and give myself a good talking to....ITS ONLY A DREAM!
It means you have the same silly humour as me summer.
tarantula
Chatterbox
UK
tarantula is female  tarantula has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-07-2018, 01:41 PM

I had a weird dream/nightmare last night about this forum. I dreamt that Carol had created a Hotseat thread especially for me. She had asked all the questions and then put the answers down as if I had written them. One question was asking what I would do when I arrived on my acre plot of land on Mars. The answer was, 'dig my grave'. I thought it was cheeky of her to assume I wouldn't want to have a look around first.

Its alright Carol you are forgiven.
summer
Chatterbox
yorkshire
summer is female  summer has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-07-2018, 07:49 AM

Originally Posted by Longdogs ->
It means you have the same silly humour as me summer.

Page 4 of 5 « First < 2 3 4 5 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top