Join for free
Page 2 of 20 < 1 2 3 4 12 > Last »
Floydy
Chatterbox
Nowhere
Floydy is male  Floydy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-07-2018, 01:04 PM

Re: Floydy in the Hot Seat.

Originally Posted by John ->
Floydy, if you were to be stuck on a desert island, with just one female from the world of Show Business, who would it be?
Hi John, this is a tough question isn't it?
Would I go for somebody intelligent and practical enough to help us both exist in a hostile environment, or throw caution to the wind and pick an absolutely gorgeous beach babe?

I've always had some sort of crush on Sigourney Weaver, intelligent and nice looking too, so I'll pick her I think
Floydy
Chatterbox
Nowhere
Floydy is male  Floydy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-07-2018, 01:16 PM

Originally Posted by Twink55 ->
Was there any particular reason for you getting into the body building?
Hi Twink I'll try to keep this as brief as possible.

I was very shy at school, timid and weak and very skinny and in my teenage years despite being into cycling I was extremely and feeble in my stature. All skin and bone with no discernible muscle.

I remember my dad saying to me "You need some meat on yer, son", that seemed to hit hard enough for me to go to Argos after work one day and buy my first pair of weights - a rather basic 2x5kg set of York vinyl dumbbells. I would begin lifting these in my bedroom and progress to buying a Bullworker (remember those?) and also I would improvise a sort of 'bench press' by lying under my bed and pushing it upwards. I would also do hundreds of press ups and sit ups every day.

When it was suggested I should join the armed forces, I stepped up my training as I was still very lanky at 6'4", weighing under 11 stones, so I bought heavier weights and read bodybuilding magazines to gain advice and tips from the stars in that sport of the 1980's - Arnold Schwarzenegger, Lou Ferrigno, etc. (The Incredible Hulk TV series was actually an inspiration!).

I was soon confident enough with my physique to enlist into the RAF and this would soon find me visiting the gym most evenings when time wasn't spend "bulling" shoes or ironing uniforms, three or four of us helping each other pump the iron. This was how and why I began the bodybuilding
Floydy
Chatterbox
Nowhere

13-07-2018, 01:18 PM

Originally Posted by Leia ->
Hi Floydy,

How long have you worked permanent night shifts?
Over 12 years now, Leia. The reason I do nights is to pay off a large loan and ease some other debts I was foolish enough to accumulate when I was young and silly(er). I'm looking at two more years tops then everything should be sorted
Floydy
Chatterbox
Nowhere

13-07-2018, 01:19 PM

Originally Posted by Silver Tabby ->
Hi Floydy,

What would you chose for your last meal ever?
Ooo it's got to be fish and chips hasn't it, Tabby? With a couple of pints of Wainwright ale to wash it down with. Nom nom nom
carol
Chatterbox
Derbyshire.
carol is female  carol has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-07-2018, 01:19 PM

Do you have any religious beliefs?
Floydy
Chatterbox
Nowhere

13-07-2018, 01:22 PM

Originally Posted by Muddy ->
Floydy do you have any pets?
I don 't Muddy, no. When I was a child we had budgies and goldfish and I've looked after rabbits for my stepkids, but as far as anything seriously pet-wise such as a cat or dog, not as yet.

Don't get me wrong though, I love dogs especially and wouldn't rule it out. Maybe when I'm a pensioner and have enough time to spend with them I'll get a nice golden retriever or something
ruthio
Chatterbox
Southern UK
ruthio is female  ruthio has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-07-2018, 01:26 PM

Hi F!oydy

Some very interesting answers...were you/have you ever been tempted to take body building drugs, steroids etc.?

When I go into Holland&Barrett I'm amazed at the amount of stuff available.
What's your opinion?
Floydy
Chatterbox
Nowhere

13-07-2018, 01:27 PM

Originally Posted by Lion Queen ->
Hi Floydy, if you couldn't do your bodybuilding would it affect you mentally.
Hi LQ
It's difficult as it's something I've always done, although I don't really "bodybuild" as such anymore. I'm just in it now to keep fit and from wasting away too much as the body naturally deteriorates
I do make sure I push myself as much as possible though and as yet I can still lift heavy weights if I get the urge.

Mentally, I guess it would torment me somewhat as it's something I've enjoyed doing for over thirty years. I have had minor "niggles" over the years which have put me out of action sometimes (bad back, shoulder issues and more recently, arthritis in both knees) and that is a hell of a blow if your into a routine, but I guess if it came to the day when I was unable to continue, I would have to find something less strenuous to do with my time.
Floydy
Chatterbox
Nowhere

13-07-2018, 01:30 PM

Originally Posted by spitfire ->
Floydy, most blokes go through self image phases (just like Ladies), do you, as you get older, for practical reasons, foresee yourself ever going for a Whippet physique?
Oh God no mate Been there, done that and I hated myself all those early years looking like an emaciated rabbit! I'll lose my muscle naturally as we all do in the end, but for now I'll do what I can to desperately cling onto what youthfulness i still have left
It's vanity in a sense, but it's also having some respect for oneself
Floydy
Chatterbox
Nowhere

13-07-2018, 01:32 PM

Originally Posted by carol ->
Do you have any religious beliefs?
I don't Carol, no. I wouldn't go so far as to say I'm an atheist, I just don't have any views at all basically.

There may be a God in the sense of somehow we all got here, but nobody will ever know the answer to that, so we should all be thankful for something giving us a life to enjoy I guess

Page 2 of 20 < 1 2 3 4 12 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top