Join for free
Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-07-2018, 08:51 PM

Re: Escalators? Do You Love Them Or Hate Them?

The worst thing was.. once on and feeling shaken, l slumped and clung to the left hand side of the escalator.

‘Move to the right, Please’, came a stern voice behind me. I turned to see a battle axe face behind me, pointing to a sign on the escalator.

‘Oh shut up, l don’t live in London, how would l know?!’, l shouted back at her!

I slunk over to the right, thinking, ‘The old cow’!..
Pesta
Chatterbox
North of the South UK
Pesta is female  Pesta has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-07-2018, 08:59 PM

I'm a bit up and down about them

They don't bother me. But if there are stairs, I usually go for those. And when I do, boy do my knees know I've lived in a bungalow for 7 yrs
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-07-2018, 09:04 PM

Originally Posted by Pesta ->
I'm a bit up and down about them

They don't bother me. But if there are stairs, I usually go for those. And when I do, boy do my knees know I've lived in a bungalow for 7 yrs
Pesta, Ha! I have lived in a bungalow for 14 years and l know what you mean about your knees and stairs!!
Pesta
Chatterbox
North of the South UK
Pesta is female  Pesta has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-07-2018, 09:07 PM

Originally Posted by Artangel ->
Pesta, Ha! I have lived in a bungalow for 14 years and l know what you mean about your knees and stairs!!
Tell you what, I can't have feel the difference fitness wise since I've been here.

BTW, I think there's a condition called 'bungalow knee'
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK

15-07-2018, 09:12 PM

Originally Posted by Pesta ->
Tell you what, I can't have feel the difference fitness wise since I've been here.

BTW, I think there's a condition called 'bungalow knee'
Really? I have never heard of ‘bungalow knee’?

My daughter who l visited in London lives in a house...Corrr, l think l must’ve definitely suffered ‘bungalow knee’!
Panda
Dorset/Europe
Panda is female 

15-07-2018, 09:15 PM

Originally Posted by Lion Queen ->
oh heck, that sounds dreadful, the poor woman, hope she was ok.
I'm not completely sure there were so many people around her, I paid for my goods and left as I felt I wasn't helping matters by watching.
Floydy
Chatterbox
Nowhere
Floydy is male  Floydy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-07-2018, 12:01 AM

The ones in airports amuse me, those which are flat.
I can walk faster than those and always wonder who they are for?
Surfermom
Chatterbox
United States
Surfermom is female  Surfermom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-07-2018, 02:49 AM

Artangel, off track first thing, but how exciting for your daughter! How did she do?

I would rather take the stairs than an escalator (anything that will allow me another decadent bite of something )...

but have you ever tried to go up an escalator that is turned off? Since many of the steps have different heights, it takes a strange sense of concentration to navigate them.

It's remarkable how many things we do automatically.
tarantula
Chatterbox
UK
tarantula is female  tarantula has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-07-2018, 08:34 AM

I don't have a problem with them, but my husband does since his illness, for some reason I haven't yet fathomed.
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK

16-07-2018, 07:14 PM

Originally Posted by Surfermom ->
Artangel, off track first thing, but how exciting for your daughter! How did she do?

I would rather take the stairs than an escalator (anything that will allow me another decadent bite of something )...

but have you ever tried to go up an escalator that is turned off? Since many of the steps have different heights, it takes a strange sense of concentration to navigate them.

It's remarkable how many things we do automatically.
Thank You for asking, Surfermom. There were almost 12,000 running and she came in just over 1000. She was pleased that her timing was better than when she ran in the race last year.
The race set off in Westminster just near Downing Street. Next year, she is running in the London Marathon.

Whilst she was running my other daughter and myself walked through St James Park and saw the sights around there. At no time whilst l was in London did l feel unsafe or scared.

Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top