Join for free
Primus1
York
Primus1 is male  Primus1 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-07-2018, 10:05 PM

Does any one know?

How to post pics in a thread from an iPad?
Apologies if you were expecting some profound thread about the universe, or god ,or brexit , or how horses manage to walk and do “that” at the same time...
Mel15
Nowhere
Mel15 is female  Mel15 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-07-2018, 10:08 PM

Re: Does any one know?

If you are posting them to a thread, you need to use a hosting site like postimage and copy the direct link then on the post you wish to add it, open the little postcard icon, delete the http thats already there, then paste the direct link
Primus1
York
Primus1 is male  Primus1 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-07-2018, 10:18 PM

Originally Posted by Missy ->
If you are posting them to a thread, you need to use a hosting site like postimage and copy the direct link then on the post you wish to add it, open the little postcard icon, delete the http thats already there, then paste the direct link
My brain hurts

but I’ll give it a go

Mucho grassyarse
Tiffany
Chatterbox
Devon
Tiffany is female  Tiffany has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-07-2018, 10:23 PM

From my home pc I post directly from it to the site. I don't use the i pad as my pics are in my home pc.
FridgeMagnet
Loch Lomond & Trossachs National Park
FridgeMagnet is male  FridgeMagnet has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-07-2018, 10:40 PM

Please don’t laugh! I email my pictures to myself from my iPad then transfer them via Postimage on a laptop. You have to do it that way because you don’t get the full URL address on an iPad.
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-07-2018, 10:46 PM

Originally Posted by FridgeMagnet ->
Please don’t laugh! I email my pictures to myself from my iPad then transfer them via Postimage on a laptop. You have to do it that way because you don’t get the full URL address on an iPad.
I definitely won't laugh Mike as I also email my iPad photos to my Mac exactly the same way
Mel15
Nowhere
Mel15 is female  Mel15 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-07-2018, 10:56 PM

If you store them on the cloud then you don't need to email them as they are accessible via whatever you use

So I can take a photo on my phone and straight away post it via my Mac or iPad or PC
Nicol
South east of England
Nicol is female  Nicol has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-07-2018, 05:53 AM

I've never posted images from an iPad before but I just had a go using https://postimages.org/ and it is dead simple, did it exactly the same way as I do on a laptop.

To transfer my photos from my ipad to my laptop....I use a spare Facebook account and send them to a chat box for that account. From there I save them to the laptop and then they can be used on the laptop.

You can also transfer photos from an iPad to a laptop by connecting the ipad to the laptop via the USB connector and copying them across. This only works one way though, you can't put photos on the iPad from the laptop using this method.

This is a link to instructions on using Postimage, it's from another forum, if that is a problem (being a link to another forum) can admin please delete the link. Thanks.

https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com...postcount=7115
ruthio
Chatterbox
Southern UK
ruthio is female  ruthio has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-07-2018, 09:28 AM

If the photo is in the photo gallery in your pad, just transfer it using the attachment (paperclip icon)?

Is that wrong then?
Nicol
South east of England
Nicol is female  Nicol has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-07-2018, 09:32 AM

Originally Posted by ruthio ->
If the photo is in the photo gallery in your pad, just transfer it using the attachment (paperclip icon)?

Is that wrong then?
I never use the attachment option Ruthio, so I don't know if it works

I do know that pics posted as attachments don't show up if you view the forum not logged in.

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top