Join for free
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >
Moiramary
Lincoln
Moiramary is female  Moiramary has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-11-2013, 03:44 PM

Re: Not far from where I used to live

Originally Posted by ben-varrey ->
Cats! What if they jump on your table and run off with your pilchard sandwich!
Moiramary
Lincoln
Moiramary is female  Moiramary has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-11-2013, 03:46 PM

Don't know what happened to my reply!!!! This actually happened to me earlier this year in Spain. I was Sitting outside a café with a nice piece of pie when two moggies appeared out of nowhere and made off with it. The poor owner was mortified.
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-11-2013, 04:26 PM

Originally Posted by Twizard ->
I wonder if anyone actually has them in a sandwich? I like them with salad, my tum doesn't though!
I've had pilchards on toast .... they make quite a tasty snack
mesco m
manchester
mesco m is female  mesco m has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-11-2013, 05:00 PM

Me too Mags. I love them on toast.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-11-2013, 05:45 PM

[QUOTE=Moiramary;374443]Don't know what happened to my reply!!!! This actually happened to me earlier this year in Spain. I was Sitting outside a café with a nice piece of pie when two moggies appeared out of nowhere and made off with it. The poor owner was mortified.[/QUOTE]

Do you mean the owner of the moggies, the cafe, or the pie Moira
ben-varrey
Chatterbox
UK
ben-varrey is female  ben-varrey has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-11-2013, 10:33 PM

Originally Posted by Twizard ->
I wonder if anyone actually has them in a sandwich? I like them with salad, my tum doesn't though!
I love tinned sardines but my stomach doesn't like them either - I wonder why that is? Strange how these things affect us. I can't eat kippers either without feeling queasy afterwards.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-11-2013, 10:53 PM

I wonder if its sauce the sardines are in, rather than the fish itself?
Do you have lots of butter on the kippers, cos maybe that's what's makes you queasy? Just a thought BV.
marpaul
North Cumbria
marpaul is female  marpaul has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-11-2013, 11:50 PM

Most of the Lake District is pet friendly and you can take dogs into shops and cafes. I've taken both dogs into cafes in the past. They were happy to sit under the table and were no bother.
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-11-2013, 11:59 PM

I would be put off by cafe by the prospect of big dogs that drool great strings of saliva, I wouldn't like that while I was eating .
Jem
Chatterbox
Dublin
Jem is male  Jem has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-11-2013, 11:47 AM

My dog loves coming to the pub with me and like his owner he is well versed in pub custom, he sits quietly beside me and doesn't interfere if there are any other dogs on the premises, not as much as a sniff. If he feels like a drink he will approach the barman on duty, tip the bottom of his foot with his paw and will be provided with a saucer of water, and he never messes up the carpet. He obligingly rolls over for any passing customer who fancies to rub his belly, he's a real favourite with customers kids too, a great little fella and you could take him anywhere I'm pleased to report.

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top