Join for free
Page 4 of 5 « First < 2 3 4 5 >
realspeed
Chatterbox
South coast
realspeed is male  realspeed has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-10-2017, 11:43 PM

Re: camera and lens , My own observation

Originally Posted by gasman ->
I can remember the Swan photo, could you post the other one please?
I would if it hadn't gone with the hard drive that crashed on me . Where I used to live a place called Chaplin Computers sent to hard drive back to the manufactures and they replaced it with another. I was told it had developed a manufacturing fault. What i did learn is that although computers only had a years warranty the hard drive at that time had its own 3 year one so i got it replaced under that. That was made by Maxtor
Wow that is going back some when windows 95 was around and I had a flat computer on my desk not a tower type
gasman
Kent, UK
gasman is male  gasman has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-11-2017, 12:02 AM

So you only saved them to your hard drive and not another photo site like Flickr?
realspeed
Chatterbox
South coast
realspeed is male  realspeed has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-11-2017, 12:11 AM

Not back then and never used flicker or photobucket or any other at that time, I had a big scare and nearly lost all clients on a computer did I realise the importance of backing up. Now everything on photobucket is lost since they wanted payment, but learnt my lesson and have several external hard drives with backed up photos etc on..

Remember I had no one to instruct me on any of this , computers wern't even thought of when I was at school, calculations were done on a slide rule.

I learnt everything including the little I know about photography the hard way, trial and error.

I never did office work, I was an engineer out in the field.
When BT invited us engineers into an office for the day I didn't even understand why a mouse was used when there was a keyboard .

Give me a switchboard and a firm needing it and no problem no matter how big until electronic boards came on the scene
gasman
Kent, UK
gasman is male  gasman has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-11-2017, 11:06 PM

thank you but always always remember it is the nose 6 inches behind the camera that makes the picture, the camera only records what the person sees and takes.
I think that you have misquoted Ansel Adams, he said :
“The single most important component of a camera is the twelve inches behind it.”
Some good quotes here :
https://digital-photography-school.c...u-should-know/
realspeed
Chatterbox
South coast

01-11-2017, 11:18 PM

Originally Posted by gasman ->
thank you but always always remember it is the nose 6 inches behind the camera that makes the picture, the camera only records what the person sees and takes.
I think that you have misquoted Ansel Adams, he said :
“The single most important component of a camera is the twelve inches behind it.”
Some good quotes here :
https://digital-photography-school.c...u-should-know/
Can't misquote anyone you have not read
gasman
Kent, UK

01-11-2017, 11:26 PM

Originally Posted by realspeed ->
Can't misquote anyone you have not read
Care to share the name of the person that quoted it?
realspeed
Chatterbox
South coast

01-11-2017, 11:29 PM

Yes , what was the question
gasman
Kent, UK

01-11-2017, 11:33 PM

Realspeed

but always always remember it is the nose 6 inches behind the camera that makes the picture
That's where I have been going wrong all this time
gasman
Kent, UK

02-11-2017, 01:16 PM

Originally Posted by Rehab44 ->
Indeed you can, but with all due respect, you had a pop about my instructor, (which you did delete) you had a pop at my paying for a course, you had a pop at photography clubs, and yes it is all your opinion, but here we are two budding photographers who could have learned from your ‘ extensive’ knowledge only to have had, in my case, ‘legs slapped’ so based on that, I am out of here!
How are your legs today?
gasman
Kent, UK

02-11-2017, 01:35 PM

Yes , what was the question
Nice bit of editing - before that, you had answered the question
In answer No27, Rehab explained why he opted out of the conversation ( slapped legs ) Two more amateurs that now cannot benefit from your 'extensive' knowledge.
In your OP, you talked about the weight ( balance ) regarding your camera and lens. I replied ( No28 ) with a reasonable explanation, yet you failed to agree / disagree.

Page 4 of 5 « First < 2 3 4 5 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top