Join for free
Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3
madmare
Essex UK
madmare is female  madmare has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-06-2012, 10:39 PM

Re: Olimpic Torch.

I just find it madness that the majority of the torches journey is actually being done by coach .
There are millions of people who would have loved a chance to carry it even if only a few yards, to make it possible to have it run and walked the whole route.
I also am dissapointed that there are so many torches. I know its mean't to be the same flame (which it isn't now after it went out) but i thought it was also one special olympic torch that was passed from person to person.
I think all this just ruins it for me and turns it into a farce the country cannot afford.
marpaul
North Cumbria
marpaul is female  marpaul has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-06-2012, 11:53 PM

Really? I didn't know that most of the journey was being done by coach
madmare
Essex UK
madmare is female  madmare has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-06-2012, 08:13 AM

Originally Posted by marpaul ->
Really? I didn't know that most of the journey was being done by coach
Yes its only being actually run through short distances in certain towns and cities, the rest of its journey between each location (which will be the majority of the distance it travels) it is taken in a coach.
Roxy
Chatterbox
Caithness.
Roxy is female  Roxy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-06-2012, 10:10 AM

True....It would be better if it had been done the old way, carried by Runners the whole Route. But think how long it would have taken to travel the whole route that way. Also as the Games are being held in London, Scotland wouldn't have got a look in if that had been the case. I guess if Truth to be told.......The Torch should be run around the whole of London only. But that's progress for you and we don't have a say.
madmare
Essex UK

12-06-2012, 11:12 AM

Originally Posted by Roxy ->
True....It would be better if it had been done the old way, carried by Runners the whole Route. But think how long it would have taken to travel the whole route that way. Also as the Games are being held in London, Scotland wouldn't have got a look in if that had been the case. I guess if Truth to be told.......The Torch should be run around the whole of London only. But that's progress for you and we don't have a say.
If it was run 24 hours a day though, instead of it just doing a normal working day and then put away for the night, then I am sure it could have been done all on foot.
Roxy
Chatterbox
Caithness.
Roxy is female  Roxy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-06-2012, 11:38 AM

It's heading form Aberdeen to Dundee Today, coming through Perth and right past my Mums Window. My Daughter will be there and will Video it on her Phone if she can.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-18397301

Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top