Join for free
Page 14 of 24 « First < 4 12 13 14 15 16 > Last »
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-02-2016, 02:24 PM

Re: Uncle Joe's new threads

Originally Posted by MKJ ->
All Uncle Joe has to do to stop the confusion is number them ...

Daily Effiing Nasty Party Topic 1
Daily Effiing Nasty Party Topic 2
Daily Effiing Nasty Party Topic 3
Daily Effiing Nasty Party Topic 4

and so on.

Easier for Unc Joe and us don't you think .
from me - so funny and yes - could work
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-02-2016, 02:25 PM

Originally Posted by MKJ ->
All Uncle Joe has to do to stop the confusion is number them ...

Daily Effiing Nasty Party Topic 1
Daily Effiing Nasty Party Topic 2
Daily Effiing Nasty Party Topic 3
Daily Effiing Nasty Party Topic 4

and so on.

Easier for Unc Joe and us don't you think .
That's fine Mark until you get four or five 'nasty party' or 'scum bag' threads posted in minutes not days , one a day with the date wouldn't be so bad .
MKJ
Chatterbox
UK
MKJ is male  MKJ has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-02-2016, 02:35 PM

Originally Posted by Meg ->
That's fine Mark until you get four or five 'nasty party' or 'scum bag' thread posted in minutes not days , one a day with the date wouldn't be so bad .
Impose a limit - say 3 a day . Joking you know.

AZZ could always stop the political threads from appearing in the 'Latest Threads' on the right (should be able to with some coding) and create a new 'Latest Political Threads' box (or similar) instead where all Unc Joe's threads could show. Problem solved .
Azz
Admin
South Wales, UK
Azz is male  Azz has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-02-2016, 02:48 PM

Originally Posted by ruthio ->
N.B. The thread title has been altered; it was not my choice.
I altered it to make it clear what the discussion was about

I kept the thread open because it's clearly an issue that is having an impact on members.

Morty is right, we can't suspend UJ just because of his choice of words in a thread title.

Perhaps MKJs idea is one to go with - if anyone uses a 'spammy' title, or a title that gives little away about the thread then the mods can just flip a switch to stop it showing in the 'Latest Threads' block on the right hand side. They would still show in the 'New posts' links and in the forum they were posted in.

Also can people please stop taking things personally - I have often used threads like this to let you all have your say, but if it ends up in people taking things personally and causing other issues then perhaps it's time we just start making decisions based on what we think is best, rather than consulting with you first. Not many forums go to this length to involve members - please don't lose sight of that.
Questor
Kent, UK
Questor is female  Questor has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-02-2016, 03:35 PM

That's what I like about this forum. On other sites all these points get discussed behind the scenes and all there normally is to go on are posts that have been spotted or pms to the Admin staff. Having it out in the open is very refreshing and garners more input, to my mind.

Pity we don't have the ignore thread feature here, then a simple click and it would not be visible unless one went looking for it. Failing that, stopping them showing up in latest posts is a very good idea.

My own view is that this name calling in thread titles is juvenile and says more about the poster than the party.
Boozercruiser
Chatterbox
Wales
Boozercruiser is male  Boozercruiser has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-02-2016, 03:43 PM

Originally Posted by Azz ->
I altered it to make it clear what the discussion was about

I kept the thread open because it's clearly an issue that is having an impact on members.

Morty is right, we can't suspend UJ just because of his choice of words in a thread title.

Perhaps MKJs idea is one to go with - if anyone uses a 'spammy' title, or a title that gives little away about the thread then the mods can just flip a switch to stop it showing in the 'Latest Threads' block on the right hand side. They would still show in the 'New posts' links and in the forum they were posted in.

Also can people please stop taking things personally - I have often used threads like this to let you all have your say, but if it ends up in people taking things personally and causing other issues then perhaps it's time we just start making decisions based on what we think is best, rather than consulting with you first. Not many forums go to this length to involve members - please don't lose sight of that.
All credit, and fair play to you for that policy Azz.
I can see that you bust a gut to accommodate situations even you feel uncomfortable about.
Well done is all I can say.
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-02-2016, 03:46 PM

Well said.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-02-2016, 03:54 PM

Originally Posted by Nom ->
Its interesting to see the reactions of those on here that attack UJ because of his use of the Nasty Party, shame because the same party have slurred their rivals often enough as well as attacking anyone on welfare.
Whats suace for the goose perhaps.

Has the thread title not been changed, if so why? seems to be a witch hunt in progress..

Simple answer dont read them if you dont like them.

I agree Nom. And as Wrinkly said, this is bullying, rather like when school kids duff another kid up in a corner of the playground.
Having said that, I do also think it may be easier on the eye to lump all the threads together.
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-02-2016, 04:01 PM

It's classic bullying we are just lucky UJ is a tough nut or he may be tempted to go away. I enjoy his contributions and have been told many times to ignore things surely people can ignore the titles if they don't like them.
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-02-2016, 04:03 PM

Originally Posted by Mups ->
I agree Nom. And as Wrinkly said, this is bullying, rather like when school kids duff another kid up in a corner of the playground.
...but Mups, usually the child that is being bullied in the playground is innocent. The member here, specifically goes out of his way to antagonise his fellow members and ignores admin when they repeatedly request he doesn't post these threads.
I'm sorry but in my opinion he is bullying the rest of us by continually posting his 'Nasty' threads.

Page 14 of 24 « First < 4 12 13 14 15 16 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top