Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-05-2016, 03:17 PM

It's Hay fever time again folks!

Hay fever started with a vengeance yesterday and has not let up. Feels like someone sticking a pin inside my nose. I suppose I will have to give in and buy some uber-expensive tablets.

Hay fever makes the summer so enjoyable.
clumsy
Chatterbox
Spain
clumsy is female  clumsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-05-2016, 04:21 PM

Re: It's Hay fever time again folks!

Originally Posted by Longdogs ->
Hay fever started with a vengeance yesterday and has not let up. Feels like someone sticking a pin inside my nose. I suppose I will have to give in and buy some uber-expensive tablets.

Hay fever makes the summer so enjoyable.
I sympathise. I start with it here when the yellow mimosa is out, there's always something out here and I seem to have itchy eyes, sneezes (I could win gold medals) and runny nose all year round. Anti histamines no longer help. The doctor says there is new injection I should be able to have and she's currently looking into it.
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-05-2016, 04:31 PM

Hi

I used to suffer terribly, luckily I suffer much less now, however flowering currants are a disaster for me.

Streaming eyes and nose, a real reaction to them.
Purwell
Chatterbox
North Herts, England
Purwell is male  Purwell has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-05-2016, 05:51 PM

Try a spoonful of local honey in warm water every day, must stress "local".
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-05-2016, 07:25 PM

Originally Posted by Purwell ->
Mm. Will look into that. Hopefully there's some local to me. Ta!
Purwell
Chatterbox
North Herts, England
Purwell is male  Purwell has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-05-2016, 08:11 PM

Originally Posted by Longdogs ->
Mm. Will look into that. Hopefully there's some local to me. Ta!
Pros and cons about the honey here, but it does work for me.http://www.peashealth.com/eating-hon...yth-or-realiy/
Pesta
Chatterbox
North of the South UK
Pesta is female  Pesta has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-05-2016, 10:14 PM

I don't get hay fever as such - my problems relate to mould spores in autumn, rotting leaves and damp weather. Eyes swell up, nose either blocked or runny and chest a bit wheezy.

I get the same problems around certain conifers and being in forests.

And, there's a certain weed in this garden that causes me problems, no idea what it is but it doesn't like me
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England

07-05-2016, 02:43 PM

Pros and cons about the honey here, but it does work for me.http://www.peashealth.com/eating-hon...yth-or-realiy/
I have found a local bee/ honey company and will be going to the County show in a couple of weeks so hoping to see some. Worth giving it a try.

Cheers Purwell.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England

11-05-2016, 06:31 PM

I managed to find some honey that is produced less than five miles away so giving it a try.

It's probably the best honey I've tasted (fruity) so will enjoy it whatever happens.
Purwell
Chatterbox
North Herts, England

11-05-2016, 06:41 PM

Go for it, hoping for the best.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top