Join for free
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
Azure
Chatterbox
South Glos
Azure is female  Azure has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-05-2016, 10:00 PM

Tapping

While watching artists on YouTube painting Landscapes and Portraits I noticed at the side lots of Sites about Tapping.
I Though Tapping was to do with finding water or even Tap Dancing
I clicked on one that said “Instructions for Tapping’

Essentially, it is like acupuncture, only done with the fingers on the face and upper bodies 12 Meridian points. It is painless and very easy to learn as well.
The real name is EFT: Emotional Freedom Techniques .
Apparently it helps and is a cure all for many Stressful and Physically challenging situations
This treatment was discovered by Dr.Page Callahan in 1980 and he has his own Web site devoted to instruction, Books and DVD’s. And it is practised by millions World Wide.

If you have the following emotional or health problems, tapping, it is said will help and often get rid of the problem

Stress
Weight
Insomnia
Envy
Jealousy
Love affairs
Finding the right Partner
Procrastination
Public Speaking
Wealth
Careers
And many more negative situations

As you tap you repeat “Even though I am anxious about…………I deeply and completely accept myself or I love myself. Any suitable sentence will do

There is always some stress in daily living that we all cope with automatically.
I do not have too much stress, but I do have insomnia
It was 1am and I was still wide awake. I will try to tap I decided
So. Tap Tap, Tap, on the side of the hand, round the eyes, under the nose, under the lip ,on the breast bone and under the arms, the top of the head. Tap Tap Tap!
While repeating “Even though I am anxious because I can’t sleep, I accept myself and I love myself. Within three minutes I was in a deep sleep! I woke twice and finally at 6-30am
I was amazed.
Is it really “All in the Mind”? There are thousand of testimonials published about its success .
Now then! How much money shall I ask the Meridians for? And will it alter my life for the better?

Or. Will Doctors become obsolete ?
Hawkeye
Devon UK
Hawkeye is male  Hawkeye has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-05-2016, 10:14 PM

Re: Tapping

Can I tap you for £500.00? " Even though I am anxious because I'm broke, I accept myself and I love myself. "
Eliza
Chatterbox
England
Eliza is female  Eliza has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-05-2016, 10:23 PM

I discovered this a few years back when I had a breakdown , when i felt low and close to tears id tap just above my top lip this would be enough distraction to stop me crying .
I still do it when I get tearful which is not that often now ..
Azure
Chatterbox
South Glos
Azure is female  Azure has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-05-2016, 10:41 PM

Originally Posted by Hawkeye ->
Can I tap you for £500.00? " Even though I am anxious because I'm broke, I accept myself and I love myself. "
It only works if you tap yourself
and if you don't love yourself, no one else will love you!

Azure
Chatterbox
South Glos

14-05-2016, 10:42 PM

Originally Posted by Eliza ->
I discovered this a few years back when I had a breakdown , when i felt low and close to tears id tap just above my top lip this would be enough distraction to stop me crying .
I still do it when I get tearful which is not that often now ..
Eliza,

That proves it does often work!
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-05-2016, 11:27 PM

I have got a book about this Azure, it's called -
"Tapping for Life" by Janet Thomson (MSc) with a forward by Dr. Roger Callahan.
I've had it for ages but still haven't got around to reading it yet.
It tells you what Tapping is exactly, and the benefits, what to tap and when, how our brains work, and loads more stuff including diagrams of all the Tapping points on your body.

I've got so many books to read, but it's slow progress because before I've read a page - I'm asleep.
Azure
Chatterbox
South Glos

15-05-2016, 12:02 AM

Originally Posted by Mups ->
I have got a book about this Azure, it's called -
"Tapping for Life" by Janet Thomson (MSc) with a forward by Dr. Roger Callahan.
I've had it for ages but still haven't got around to reading it yet.
It tells you what Tapping is exactly, and the benefits, what to tap and when, how our brains work, and loads more stuff including diagrams of all the Tapping points on your body.

I've got so many books to read, but it's slow progress because before I've read a page - I'm asleep.
How interesting Mups, I will get the book from Amazon.
i would like to see a diagram of all the Meridian points too.
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-05-2016, 01:34 AM

Hi

A personal view of tapping.

Years ago, when I was at the pointy end of things, I was introduced it.

It is a good coping mechanism and something that we were taught.

The thing is that it works without all the mumbo jumbo now involved with it.

It doesn't have to be on the face, meridian points and none of this repetitive I love myself stuff.

It works equally as well by tapping on the back of the hand with two fingers, slightly less well by tapping your thumb and second finger together.

It works in times of extreme stress in real time, something that is happening now and also when you are having flashbacks to traumatic events many, many years ago.

It is now becoming more mainstream, but has been known about for an awful long time.

It is used extensively in PTSD, which is what I have.

I find it very effective.

If you are interested in it, the modern tarted up version,

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gJm5b3Y-Vug

There is also a technique which works effectively which is simply rapid blinking.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-05-2016, 08:33 AM

Originally Posted by swimfeeders ->
Hi

A personal view of tapping.

Years ago, when I was at the pointy end of things, I was introduced it.

It is a good coping mechanism and something that we were taught.

The thing is that it works without all the mumbo jumbo now involved with it.

It doesn't have to be on the face, meridian points and none of this repetitive I love myself stuff.

It works equally as well by tapping on the back of the hand with two fingers, slightly less well by tapping your thumb and second finger together.

It works in times of extreme stress in real time, something that is happening now and also when you are having flashbacks to traumatic events many, many years ago.

It is now becoming more mainstream, but has been known about for an awful long time.

It is used extensively in PTSD, which is what I have.

I find it very effective.

If you are interested in it, the modern tarted up version,

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gJm5b3Y-Vug

There is also a technique which works effectively which is simply rapid blinking.

I believe this book I have shows 12 different places you can tap, and you are right, they don't have to all be on the face at all. Mind you, I don't think anyone has said it must be face only have they?
Nom
Chatterbox
Northumberland
Nom is male  Nom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-05-2016, 08:37 AM

I used to tap my ex wife on the head aka Benny Hill and baldy man. She punched me

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top