Join for free
Page 7 of 7 « First < 5 6 7
Realist
Chatterbox
UK
Realist is male  Realist has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-06-2016, 11:54 AM

Re: Styes

I take it you didn't try onion or corriander seeds then? By now I would have pricked the lump with a sterilised pin or needle and got rid of most of the infected material then used some form of natural substance to kill the remainder. Presonally I would have regularly washed my eye with a mixtre of Goldenseal and standard eye solution. Then upped my intake of immune boosting foods. I've done a similar thing with tooth abcess which the regular medical pundits said would spread all over if I didn't go to the dentist and have anti-bios and extractions etc. They have sadly zero knowledge and understanding of natural remedies. I sorted it myself with a needle and intake of liquorice root capsules. The awful pain of the abcess disappeared quickly and all returned to normal. Nature has the answers, the medical profession will just dope you up for profit leaving your health in a weaker state . . . imo.
carol
Chatterbox
Derbyshire.
carol is female  carol has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-06-2016, 01:57 PM

Originally Posted by Realist ->
By now I would have pricked the lump with a sterilised pin or needle .
There's no bump to prick Realist. The original stye drained off - it's left this infection behind - redness, gritty & bloodshot eye, sensitivity to light, watering ...

If there was somewhere to prick I would do it!
Pats
Lincolnshire
Pats is female  Pats has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-06-2016, 09:20 PM

Originally Posted by Realist ->
By now I would have pricked the lump with a sterilised pin or needle....
And risk serious eye injury and further infection.
Morticia
Chatterbox
England
Morticia is female  Morticia has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-06-2016, 09:30 PM

I've got to admit it made me shudder ... the thought of sticking a pin anywhere around my own eye. I'd probably leave that to trained medical staff.
carol
Chatterbox
Derbyshire.
carol is female  carol has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-06-2016, 10:21 AM

My third day on Amoxicillin and it feels a little better this morning - not quite so achy and gritty. Very much hoping this will make it better as the doctor mentioned going back to hospital again if it doesn't work...
Pats
Lincolnshire
Pats is female  Pats has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-06-2016, 01:07 PM

Originally Posted by carol ->
My third day on Amoxicillin and it feels a little better this morning - not quite so achy and gritty. Very much hoping this will make it better as the doctor mentioned going back to hospital again if it doesn't work...
It takes a couple of days for the antibiotics to kick in Carol, so let's hope that it is now on the mend.

Page 7 of 7 « First < 5 6 7

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top