Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Older git
Chatterbox
South Lincs
Older git is male  Older git has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-06-2016, 12:14 PM

A bit over the top

I got a call from my mum the other day asking if I had heard about my brother?. No. He collapsed and cracked his head open. So I ring him. Yes he did pass out for a couple of seconds a got a very small head wound that hardly even bled.

Not quite the scenario I first imagined. But a warning to all-he is very lax about his health and seldom has his BP checked-he was on meds for high blood pressure but he passed out due to low BP.
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-06-2016, 12:16 PM

Re: A bit over the top

Yes that is a lesson to us all glad he is OK og.
Pats
Lincolnshire
Pats is female  Pats has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-06-2016, 05:25 PM

Originally Posted by Older git ->
I got a call from my mum the other day asking if I had heard about my brother?. No. He collapsed and cracked his head open. So I ring him. Yes he did pass out for a couple of seconds a got a very small head wound that hardly even bled.

Not quite the scenario I first imagined. But a warning to all-he is very lax about his health and seldom has his BP checked-he was on meds for high blood pressure but he passed out due to low BP.
So is he now going to see his GP to make sure he is on the correct meds and have regular blood pressure checks?
Older git
Chatterbox
South Lincs
Older git is male  Older git has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-06-2016, 05:57 PM

Originally Posted by Pats ->
So is he now going to see his GP to make sure he is on the correct meds and have regular blood pressure checks?

I doubt it. Two heart attacks and major surgery.The evil one spawned two sons of the Devil-which of us is the most depressed?
galty
Chatterbox
rainham essex
galty is male  galty has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-06-2016, 05:28 PM

Originally Posted by Older git ->

What a load of rubbish not that your brother fainted but....

How can with some one with HBP pass out threw LBP????

PS I suffer from highish BP
Judd
Chatterbox
West Riding of Yorkshire
Judd is male  Judd has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-06-2016, 06:01 PM

Originally Posted by galty ->
What a load of rubbish not that your brother fainted but....

How can with some one with HBP pass out threw LBP????

PS I suffer from highish BP

Could it be that the HBP medication reduced blood pressure too much?
malcolm
Chatterbox
UK
malcolm is male  malcolm has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-06-2016, 06:09 PM

Originally Posted by Judd ->
It is possible but highly unlikely, more like a case of low blood sugar I would say, or a transient ischemic attack
Pumicestone
Australia
Pumicestone is male  Pumicestone has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-06-2016, 06:18 PM

I 'threw a wobbly' whilst visiting someone else in a hospital a few years ago.
Best place to do it, I suppose.
Just got all dizzy and fell in a heap.

Was on High BP meds at the time which were controlling my BP very well indeed .... 120/80 like a teenager.
Without first checking, staff plied me with more BP meds which, combined with the stuff I was already on, plunged my BP to a quite dangerous LOW !

Mistakes happen and all was well in a few hours but for a while there they were freaking out.
Things could have gone badly.

Having finished keying, I just realized "what a boring bloody story". Sorry.
galty
Chatterbox
rainham essex
galty is male  galty has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-06-2016, 07:43 PM

Originally Posted by Judd ->
I'm on max doseage for HBP on a good day it comes down to 130.

You have to be below 80 to suffer from LBP

PS just taken my BP after read this and its down to 116.

PPS I have my own BP monitor.
Older git
Chatterbox
South Lincs

05-06-2016, 07:50 PM

You folks do not know my brother,brain the size of a planet but common sense? I`ll just keep taking amlodipine and then forget to get my BP checked

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top