Join for free
Page 2 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 > Last »
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-06-2016, 12:55 PM

Re: Prostate cancer

Originally Posted by Older git ->
Just a comment-many males die with prostate cancer-but not because of it.
Very true.
Twink55
Chatterbox
Cheshire, England
Twink55 is female  Twink55 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-06-2016, 12:58 PM

Originally Posted by Longdogs ->
I have noticed recently that a lot of illnesses have been connected to ones waist size. whilst I can see that it might be true, the born cynic in me wonders whether it's all just a ploy to make us lose weight?

My dad has prostate cancer which luckily is under control but his waist has been 34 for most of his life.

My trouser size is 36 but is that my waist size?
I think that giving an optimum waist size is just another way to help us all eat less. Overeating is an aggravation to many health problems and none of us can deny that portion sizes have increased over the years. I also believe that BOGOF offers , and similar methods encourage us to buy more than we need and then eat it rather than waste it.So maybe Supermarkets could improve our health by reducing prices rather than selling in bulk.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-06-2016, 01:24 PM

Originally Posted by Twink55 ->
I think that giving an optimum waist size is just another way to help us all eat less. Overeating is an aggravation to many health problems and none of us can deny that portion sizes have increased over the years. I also believe that BOGOF offers , and similar methods encourage us to buy more than we need and then eat it rather than waste it.So maybe Supermarkets could improve our health by reducing prices rather than selling in bulk.
Yes. Also the coffee culture hasn't helped (I love it btw) but you can't go anywhere these days that doesn't sell coffee & walnut cake and a latte.

Damn! I'm gonna have to pop round Sainsbury's now.
Twink55
Chatterbox
Cheshire, England
Twink55 is female  Twink55 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-06-2016, 01:41 PM

Originally Posted by Longdogs ->
Yes. Also the coffee culture hasn't helped (I love it btw) but you can't go anywhere these days that doesn't sell coffee & walnut cake and a latte.

Damn! I'm gonna have to pop round Sainsbury's now.
Get me one too!
caricature
Devon,England.
caricature is male  caricature has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-06-2016, 01:49 PM

Originally Posted by Older git ->
Just a comment-many males die with prostate cancer-but not because of it.
The 11,000 a year who die from it would wish this to be true.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-06-2016, 10:15 PM

Originally Posted by Twink55 ->

Totally agree Twink.
I don't eat much sweet stuff usually, never had a sweet tooth, but last week at Asda, I really fancied a fresh cream apple turnover, but found I couldn't buy one as they are packeted in two's. I didn't want 2, I wanted 1, but it was 2 or nothing. It's the same with loads of things you find if you are only shopping for one person.
Sweetsue
midWales
Sweetsue is female  Sweetsue has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-06-2016, 10:56 PM

My late husband's waist was never over 34" but prostate cancer killed him.
carol
Chatterbox
Derbyshire.
carol is female  carol has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-06-2016, 11:34 PM

Originally Posted by Mups ->
That's so sad Carol. My ex left it too late as well, and it has spread now. It's all in his spine, which is affecting his legs.

How are you getting on now with your ankle?
I'm managing to hobble about a bit thanks Mups. I still use the crutches when I go out though. I reckon another two or three weeks I should be back to normal.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-06-2016, 11:36 PM

It must seem a long and rather frustrating time I imagine, but glad it's going on alright. Did they check you for Osteoporosis or not?
carol
Chatterbox
Derbyshire.
carol is female  carol has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-06-2016, 11:37 PM

Yes I had a bone density scan - it was normal.

Page 2 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top