Join for free
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >
Older git
Chatterbox
South Lincs
Older git is male  Older git has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-06-2016, 12:07 PM

Re: One for Doctor or Pats.

Originally Posted by Nom ->
Since i lost a couple of toes by amputation last year, every time i see an image of someone injured i get quite sharp nerve shocks in both my legs, its quite disconcerting.
Your brain has been associating those toes since before you were born. Memories and images may trigger responses. Trust me I am an idiot.
malcolm
Chatterbox
UK
malcolm is male  malcolm has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-06-2016, 02:47 PM

Psychosomatic pain, also known as psychogenic pain, is a pain disorder associated with psychological factors. Some types of mental or emotional problems can cause, increase or prolong pain. A person with a psychogenic pain disorder will complain of pain that does not match his or her symptoms.
TessA
Official Poinker
UK
TessA is female  TessA has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-06-2016, 03:15 PM

My Steampunk friend has lost two fingers and had some reattached after a machinery accident at work, he gets terrific pain in all of them, including the ones he lost, he said he's thinking of having the reattached ones removed as they hurt so much. But then he'd still feel them, it's all very odd!
doctor
west wales
doctor is male  doctor has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-06-2016, 05:07 PM

think og has it about right,,yer brain still thinks yer fully toed up
Pats
Lincolnshire
Pats is female  Pats has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-06-2016, 05:35 PM

Originally Posted by doctor ->
I'll go with that one too....as in phantom pains in a limb after amputation, symptoms of phantom pain can range from mild to severe, some describe brief "flashes" of mild pain similar to an electric shock that last for a few seconds.
Nom
Chatterbox
Northumberland
Nom is male  Nom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-06-2016, 05:57 PM

Originally Posted by doctor ->
It was nightmare last night, i was watching a box set of Greys Anatomy, and every surgical procedure found me twitching like i was being electrocuted.Its different to the Neuropathy signals.

I want some new toes you NHS lot, stop taking my bits away.
Rhian
Chatterbox
North Wales
Rhian is female  Rhian has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-06-2016, 06:30 PM

Originally Posted by Andyone ->
When I see two guys walking down the street holding hands my buttocks always clench up
Haha!
Rhian
Chatterbox
North Wales
Rhian is female  Rhian has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-06-2016, 06:34 PM

Poor you Nom but I'd heard of this too..
Although the nerve endings are different the brain receptors are still active

Perhaps Dita can be booked for relaxing massages?
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-06-2016, 11:33 PM

Originally Posted by Nom ->
It was nightmare last night, i was watching a box set of Greys Anatomy, and every surgical procedure found me twitching like i was being electrocuted.Its different to the Neuropathy signals.

I want some new toes you NHS lot, stop taking my bits away.

That's right, for heavens sake hang on to yer bits as long as possible Nom.
Nom
Chatterbox
Northumberland
Nom is male  Nom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-06-2016, 06:43 AM

Originally Posted by Rhian ->
Poor you Nom but I'd heard of this too..
Although the nerve endings are different the brain receptors are still active

Perhaps Dita can be booked for relaxing massages?
If Dita started massaging me, i doubt relaxing would be high on my list.

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top