Join for free
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
MKJ
Chatterbox
UK
MKJ is male  MKJ has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-06-2016, 08:39 PM

Bit Shaky

Got up from sitting down - or nearly lying down I should say - and walked in to the other room and boy I felt shaky. Thought I was going down for a while there as my knees went all wobbly. Think it is something to do with my eyes as I have been staring at the TV screen all day. They feel tired and somewhat stressed. Eyes and head still feel a little odd.

Eyes - low blood pressure? Pulse is low 40s. Age 59.

I have run hard this week but this is the 2nd day off from exercise.

Probably need to knock this TV off and have a good night's sleep.
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-06-2016, 08:50 PM

Re: Bit Shaky

Originally Posted by MKJ ->
Got up from sitting down - or nearly lying down I should say - and walked in to the other room and boy I felt shaky. Thought I was going down for a while there as my knees went all wobbly. Think it is something to do with my eyes as I have been staring at the TV screen all day. They feel tired and somewhat stressed. Eyes and head still feel a little odd.

Even as recent as today I sat down at my computer and my head was swimming Mark. I too suffer with low blood pressure - average comes out at 110 over 70 and resting heart rate is mid forties and occasionally misses beats. Sitting down for more than thirty minutes will almost certainly put me to sleep. I can only assume our bodies shut down if not required to work. The fact that you have not exercised for a couple of days could be having an adverse effect. Perhaps on rest days just gentle jogging might be beneficial.
MKJ
Chatterbox
UK
MKJ is male  MKJ has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-06-2016, 08:58 PM

Originally Posted by OldGreyFox ->
Even as recent as today I sat down at my computer and my head was swimming Mark. I too suffer with low blood pressure - average comes out at 110 over 70 and resting heart rate is mid forties and occasionally misses beats. Sitting down for more than thirty minutes will almost certainly put me to sleep. I can only assume our bodies shut down if not required to work. The fact that you have not exercised for a couple of days could be having an adverse effect. Perhaps on rest days just gentle jogging might be beneficial.
Thinking back it happened once or 2x when I was a lot younger and much fitter. My body would only wake up properly if I did some exercise. As you say maybe I should stop sitting around practically comatose for most of the day when not running.
Rachel
Chatterbox
UK
Rachel is female  Rachel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-06-2016, 09:02 PM

Probably need to knock this TV off and have a good night's sleep.
Take BP .. that's the first thing to do

Then work it forwards from there

Check it out in stages

Happened to me a few times

GP had me on BP meds and I didn't need them !

A BP monitor is very cheap and if you do it yourself, you should not be wound up when you take it.
Mine goes up when someone else takes it ... 'white coat syndrome'
MKJ
Chatterbox
UK

18-06-2016, 09:17 PM

Originally Posted by Rachel ->

A BP monitor is very cheap and if you do it yourself, you should not be wound up when you take it.
Mine goes up when someone else takes it ... 'white coat syndrome'
There used to be one here somewhere. Will have a go if I can find it. Need to read up on how to use it though.
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-06-2016, 09:20 PM

Bugger it Mark and watch Independence day, we'll be having our own next week, hopefully, lets see how the Yanks do it....
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-06-2016, 09:59 PM

Originally Posted by Rachel ->
Take BP .. that's the first thing to do

Then work it forwards from there

Check it out in stages

Happened to me a few times

GP had me on BP meds and I didn't need them !

Mine goes up when someone else takes it ... 'white coat syndrome
'

I'm exactly the same Rachel. I bought my own monitor in the end because the doc said my BP was high and I knew it was only because I was at their surgery.
Turned out I was right an' all. They'd have stuck me on meds I didn't want or need.
Rachel
Chatterbox
UK
Rachel is female  Rachel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-06-2016, 10:12 PM

Originally Posted by Mups ->
I'm exactly the same Rachel. I bought my own monitor in the end because the doc said my BP was high and I knew it was only because I was at their surgery.
Turned out I was right an' all. They'd have stuck me on meds I didn't want or need.
Yep !

I went through a number of meds, all with side effects ... and to this day I am susceptible to gout, tinitus and still have a runny nose.

So annoying and avoidable
Rachel
Chatterbox
UK

18-06-2016, 10:18 PM

There used to be one here somewhere. Will have a go if I can find it. Need to read up on how to use it though.
Just get one online

The one I bought was from Lloyds Pharmacy ... got the GP to check it out and he said it was good

Less than a tenner
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-06-2016, 10:38 PM

I got the Boots one. Mark, get a 'calibrated' one as these have been checked for good accuracy.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top