Join for free
Page 4 of 4 « First < 2 3 4
Pats
Lincolnshire
Pats is female  Pats has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-07-2016, 06:14 PM

Re: NHS 68 years old.

Originally Posted by orangutan ->
I agree with everything you say here, Nom, and particularly the bit in bold. The move to make every qualification 'academic' was a retrograde one in my opinion. Some things are learned much better by experience on the job.
(Doctors are often heard to say that they learned more in their first month working than in their entire time at medical school...)
I agree.....Project 2000 is to blame.
Pats
Lincolnshire
Pats is female  Pats has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-07-2016, 06:19 PM

Originally Posted by Goldielocks ->
My beloved health service that I devoted 42 years of my life to.

I will try and address some of the questions but one thing bugs me any one having the cheek to knock the service when they have not got a clue what goes on behind the scenes.

Firstly the NHS is underfunded, vastly. Cuts,are made continuously meaning nurses, doctor s having to share one toilet, male and female of a staff of 20, plus office workers and cleaners amounting to 50, 60

Offices are never cleaned for years so areas for the public can be kept clean. Most clean their own

NHS employ their own electricians and carpenters. Nothing is sourced out to contractors

Degree nurses, very few and far between as it was considered a fast route to often managers post as they didn't want to get their hands dirty. Now being phased out.

There are tiers of lower and higher management originally introduced by Maggie Thatcher. This is where your anger should be directed to.

Many, doctors, nurses, ancillary, clerical staff , porters have left due to cuts. Most jobs having to be done by another member of staff who became exhausted.

Staff being abused by relatives and the public due to under funding.

Staff due to clauses in contracts rarely being able to speak out due to dismissal.

If anyone would care to look at the new contract being drawn up by the government for junior doctor. Nobody would work under those conditions in the private sector.

Most staff are dedicated whatever level and a clock means nothing to them. Work many hours way after there shift ends. To care for dying patients or the seriously ill.

What is diabolical is the government allowing to introduce a Rota that could potentially be dangerous. People making decisions while they are tired and impair thought processes.

Staff have feelings and this type of debate is one. It's annoying.

I am glad to be out of a service where you are abused by patients and the public on a daily basis.

Direct your complaints where they should be raised your local MP and not at the staff of the NHS which do a wonderful job way and above their shift ends.

I have made many calls in my own time way after my shift has ended ensuring patients are ok.
Very well stated Goldielocks.
Goldielocks
Spain
Goldielocks is female  Goldielocks has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-07-2016, 06:22 PM

Originally Posted by Pats ->
Very well stated Goldielocks.
Unfortunately Pats a lot unsaid as you probably know. Excuse typos
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-07-2016, 06:50 PM

Originally Posted by orangutan ->
The move to make every qualification 'academic' was a retrograde one in my opinion. Some things are learned much better by experience on the job.
I agree too. When I trained as a radiographer it was for the award of the Diploma of the College of Radiographers.

Whilst I believe that it is necessary to have a good grounding in anatomy and physiology, physics and equipment, the all-important practical skills are best learnt 'on the job' (no rude comments here please, lads).

Of course, needless to say, in her position as a lecturer in radiography, I wouldn't dare say that to my wife!
Goldielocks
Spain
Goldielocks is female  Goldielocks has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-07-2016, 07:37 PM

Originally Posted by JBR ->
I agree too. When I trained as a radiographer it was for the award of the Diploma of the College of Radiographers.

Whilst I believe that it is necessary to have a good grounding in anatomy and physiology, physics and equipment, the all-important practical skills are best learnt 'on the job' (no rude comments here please, lads).

Of course, needless to say, in her position as a lecturer in radiography, I wouldn't dare say that to my wife!
Aagh got it yes that's why I detected techchiness My cousin was one too in Manchester Royal.

Page 4 of 4 « First < 2 3 4

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top