Join for free
Page 8 of 10 « First < 6 7 8 9 10 >
Ronan
New Member!
Waikato, New Zealand
Ronan is male 

14-08-2015, 11:08 AM

Re: Finitro Forte Plus

Funny that, if ever I've considered placebo it's been connected with rub ons... May be fine with muscular problems but wishful thinking maybe with anything deeper.
Ronan
New Member!
Waikato, New Zealand
Ronan is male 

14-08-2015, 11:54 AM

But thanks anyway buddy
Azz
Admin
South Wales, UK
Azz is male  Azz has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-08-2015, 01:00 PM

Has anyone who is interested in the benefits of this product, tried bone broth?

http://www.over50sforum.com/showthre...339#post537339
Realist
Chatterbox
UK
Realist is male  Realist has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-08-2015, 08:28 PM

Originally Posted by orangutan ->
Researchers believe that any pain relief people may experience from these creams is due to ingredients other than glucosamine. There is no evidence that glucosamine can be absorbed through the skin."

Must have a nice placebo effect, then.

Lol. You appear to have not read or digested your own posted link! It clearly says researchers believe the effectiveness comes from other ingredients, then you conclude it's a placebo ! Silly billy.

Your link confirms nicely that such gels ARE effective, it is simply theorising WHY they are effective. As I said, I already know they are effective because EVERY person I have recommended it to that has tried it has reported its efficacy and thanked me wholeheartedly for highlighting it. An old lady friend of the family visited the UK from Canada had been suffering terrible back pain for months. When I suggested she try Glucosamine Gel she was sceptical but desperate enough to try anything. She had already tried actual painkiller gets like Ibuprofen rubs and the like.
The Glucosamine Gel gave her immediate relief, she couldn't believe it. Before returning to Canada she loaded up with tubes of the stuff being uncertain she would find it back home.

Your link/research is correct. There ARE other ingredients but primarily it is the ingredient Capsicum that provides much of the instant pain relief. Capsicum of course is the natural substance from chilli peppers. Capsicum is well known for various health benefits but rubbing raw chilli pepper on your skin is somewhat hazardous. It can sting and of course, if you handle it with your fingers you could subsequently rub your eyes causing a lot of discomfort.

So a gel such as this is by far a better way to administer it.

The bottom line here is that this gel DOES WORK. I would not recommend it otherwise. Anyone out there suffering joint pains or back ache would do well to try it. Heck it's only £5 or so to try it !

Here are some links regarding Capsicum

http://www.disabled-world.com/artman...ng-herbs.shtml

"Capsicum is also the main ingredient in pain killing rubs for Arthritis and Diabetes nerve damage. Use it externally for arthritis, sore back muscles, rheumatism or sprains and bruises"

http://www.anniesremedy.com/herb_detail122.php

"Cayenne pepper extracts are an important part of herbal treatment for muscle pain, fibromyalgia, arthritis, and the nerve pain caused by shingles and sciatica. Cayenne is also rich in salicylates, natural aspirin like compounds, which add to its analgesic nature"

Here's a link to a different Glucosamine Gel on Amazon. Check all the reviews

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Health-Perce...ews/B000KUAKGE
orangutan
Chatterbox
Another world
orangutan is female  orangutan has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-08-2015, 08:50 PM

Originally Posted by Realist ->
Lol. You appear to have not read or digested your own posted link! It clearly says researchers believe the effectiveness comes from other ingredients, then you conclude it's a placebo ! Silly billy.

Your link confirms nicely that such gels ARE effective, it is simply theorising WHY they are effective. As I said, I already know they are effective because EVERY person I have recommended it to that has tried it has reported its efficacy and thanked me wholeheartedly for highlighting it. An old lady friend of the family visited the UK from Canada had been suffering terrible back pain for months. When I suggested she try Glucosamine Gel she was sceptical but desperate enough to try anything. She had already tried actual painkiller gets like Ibuprofen rubs and the like.
The Glucosamine Gel gave her immediate relief, she couldn't believe it. Before returning to Canada she loaded up with tubes of the stuff being uncertain she would find it back home.

Your link/research is correct. There ARE other ingredients but primarily it is the ingredient Capsicum that provides much of the instant pain relief. Capsicum of course is the natural substance from chilli peppers. Capsicum is well known for various health benefits but rubbing raw chilli pepper on your skin is somewhat hazardous. It can sting and of course, if you handle it with your fingers you could subsequently rub your eyes causing a lot of discomfort.

So a gel such as this is by far a better way to administer it.

The bottom line here is that this gel DOES WORK. I would not recommend it otherwise. Anyone out there suffering joint pains or back ache would do well to try it. Heck it's only £5 or so to try it !

Here are some links regarding Capsicum

http://www.disabled-world.com/artman...ng-herbs.shtml

"Capsicum is also the main ingredient in pain killing rubs for Arthritis and Diabetes nerve damage. Use it externally for arthritis, sore back muscles, rheumatism or sprains and bruises"

http://www.anniesremedy.com/herb_detail122.php

"Cayenne pepper extracts are an important part of herbal treatment for muscle pain, fibromyalgia, arthritis, and the nerve pain caused by shingles and sciatica. Cayenne is also rich in salicylates, natural aspirin like compounds, which add to its analgesic nature"

Here's a link to a different Glucosamine Gel on Amazon. Check all the reviews

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Health-Perce...ews/B000KUAKGE
Rather condescending of you. I read the link and my point was that glucosamine is not absorbed, therefore it is not the glucosamine in the "glucosamine gel" that is effective. Any gel can have the other ingredients, but glucosamine is used in the name because there is a spurious belief that it is more effective in these gels.
I have a fair amount of experience of capsicum, and agree that it can be effective for some things. But why not then call this gel "Capsicum gel"? Because using the buzz word glucosamine might sell more?
Andre
New Member!
Australia
Andre is male 

27-09-2015, 02:32 AM

I ordered from within Australia and received them in time,could be just a postal problem.Mine came normal mail so there is that risk. Cant say ive seen much difference after being on them 3 weeks, I need a new knee through OA degeneration but they are putting me off until im in my mid to late sixties due to only being able to do the op twice and I will wear them out and end up in a wheel chair. He said Im so bad that if i want to go to the top of the list anytime I will be placed there. So thats why Im trying them out.Trouble is doing what I do,I hurt myself occasionally too and that is a natural set back so its hard to judge.I'll let you know if a difference appears or is at all lasting.
Ronan
New Member!
Waikato, New Zealand
Ronan is male 

27-09-2015, 08:48 AM

Just getting back to my using Finitro Forte Plus, I am halfway into the second container and need to report it does appear to have with arthritis in hands and upper back but unfortunately there isn't any pain relief in the lumber region where doctors say is bone against bone. No miracles there. Maybe we ask the impossible of these productions and expect too much. I'll try something else next time. Thanks for listening.
malcolm
Chatterbox
UK
malcolm is male  malcolm has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-09-2015, 09:09 AM

I consider anyone who pays hard earned cash for these kind of OTC pain relief medications to be the victims of good advertising by charlatonesque companies.
No one is better qualified to offer you a pain relief medication that your GP or physician who deals with patients requiring such medication on a daily basis.
Ronan
New Member!
Waikato, New Zealand
Ronan is male 

27-09-2015, 10:03 AM

Thankyou Malcolm but sorry to say it but pain relief prescribed by the GP is not always the direction to take I believe as that pain relief on its own brings its own secondary complications to do with the bowels and ultimately the kidneys. A more natural substance may be less harmful if it works.. some things are just worth a go. Most doctors won't advocate natural methods. One doctor advised me use anything if it helps without harmful effects.
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-09-2015, 10:57 AM

Originally Posted by Ronan ->
Thankyou Malcolm but sorry to say it but pain relief prescribed by the GP is not always the direction to take I believe as that pain relief on its own brings its own secondary complications to do with the bowels and ultimately the kidneys. A more natural substance may be less harmful if it works.. some things are just worth a go. Most doctors won't advocate natural methods. One doctor advised me use anything if it helps without harmful effects.
Yes Ronan I agree, far better to try a natural approach to pain relief, strong painkillers may alleviate the pain, but leave you with some nasty side effects and problems needing more medication from the doctor in the future. Vicious circle.

Page 8 of 10 « First < 6 7 8 9 10 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top