Join for free
Page 6 of 18 « First < 4 5 6 7 8 16 > Last »
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-10-2017, 03:05 PM

Re: Want a receipt from Morrisons? You better ask for one!

I often pop in M & S cafe if I am in town Leia, and they pull the receipt out the till and bin it. If I have paid by card, I like my receipt for my records, so ask for it as you say.
They are nice girls in there, and always give it to me with a smile. No problem at all.
Leia
UK
Leia is female  Leia has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-10-2017, 03:24 PM

Originally Posted by Mups ->
I often pop in M & S cafe if I am in town Leia, and they pull the receipt out the till and bin it. If I have paid by card, I like my receipt for my records, so ask for it as you say.
They are nice girls in there, and always give it to me with a smile. No problem at all.
Most sales staff are busy but serve customers with a smile. Those newsagent counters seem to have a constant queue. I can just imagine that poor sales assistant busy doing his job and being confronted by some arrogant person who then goes on to report him to the manager. Worse still that letter is on a public forum for all to see.
Boozercruiser
Chatterbox
Wales
Boozercruiser is male  Boozercruiser has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-10-2017, 03:49 PM

Originally Posted by Rehab44 ->
Of course you are sure that it will reach the manager? Who will no doubt deny receiving it if you follow up, Recorded Delivery is the way to go with any complaint to those further up the food chain
Thank you for your kind interest and advice Rehab.
I actually talked to the Manager and handed that letter to him by hand.
The Manager read my letter in front of me.
The guy on the till was not in today, but the Manager said once he had talked to the till guy, he would contact me back either by e. mail or telephone call.
Boozercruiser
Chatterbox
Wales
Boozercruiser is male  Boozercruiser has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-10-2017, 04:00 PM

Originally Posted by Leia ->
You have such a bad attitude, you are now calling the sales assistant an a**hole. Do you want to see a sales assistant potentially lose his job because you didn't ask for the receipt you wanted?

More than likely the store manager will have to forward your complaint through the chain, area manager / regional manager / director at Head Office. I do know what I'm talking about. They don't take kindly to staff telling customers to shop elsewhere. The guy is just doing his job and following the instructions he's been given. Ask for a receipt if you want one, that's not difficult to understand is it.
I am not prepared to get into an argument with you Leia, but I will say this.
I am NOT looking to get the guy the sack.
If my complaint gets this sorted so customers are at least ASKED if they want a receipt or not then as far as I am concerned I will have achieved something for other customers, as well as me.
Like I said, if I don't get the right reply then my next E. Mail will be to the CEO of Morrisons.
It now seems to me that your interest is only for a rude staff member, not the insulted customer. Possibly because that is the job you do, so you are biased anyway!
Regarding me referring to the guy as an # then that is my opinion how he was towards me.
Obviously I said nothing at all like that towards him in the store.
With respect.
YOU were not there to hear how arrogant and awkward he was towards me.
I WAS.
So you really do not know what your talking about, and I have nothing further to say to you.
Cheers.
Boozercruiser
Chatterbox
Wales

22-10-2017, 04:05 PM

Originally Posted by Mups ->
It is the same at my local Co Op Mups.
They don't give a receipt automatically either.
BUT.
They do always ask if one wants one.
And yes, whether it is Morrisons or the Co Op almost all of the staff are very nice and helpful with a smile.
Usually asking how your day is etc.
Boozercruiser
Chatterbox
Wales

24-10-2017, 12:30 AM

Just an update.
I received the below E. Mail from the Morrisons Manager, so I will look forward to seeing him soon.

Dear Kenny

I have investigated your complaint and would like to discuss the matter with you. I am off for the next two days and will contact you on my return.

Kind Regards

--

Wm Morrisons Supermarkets plc

My reply:

Hi .
Thank you for offering to discuss this matter with me, and I shall look forward to seeing you at your earliest convenience.

Best regards

Kenny Thain
ruthio
Chatterbox
Southern UK
ruthio is female  ruthio has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-10-2017, 09:59 AM

My advice... don't go in with all guns blazing.
If an apology is offered accept with a good grace and move on.
If that young man loses his job you're in dead trouble!!!
Boozercruiser
Chatterbox
Wales

24-10-2017, 11:19 AM

Originally Posted by ruthio ->
My advice... don't go in with all guns blazing.
If an apology is offered accept with a good grace and move on.
If that young man loses his job you're in dead trouble!!!

Hi Ruthio.
For your info that Man was not young at all.
I would say around 60 ish.

For your further information I have only just fired off the below E. Mail to the store Manager, and I hope this calms you and possibly one or two more down!

24th October 2017

Good morning

Obviously I do not know what you are going to say to me when we meet, but I would like to clarify a little.
Like I said to you, I would not have thought this such a big enough issue to bother you in this way, only for what the till operator said to me as he handed me my till receipt.

Following on from you talking to the till operator, I am not to know if his version of events are the same as mine.
But in any case perhaps you have CCTV over those tills which will show exactly what went on there?
No matter what, I wish to make it very clear that I am not looking to have the till operator disciplined at all.
All I am trying to do is get clarified exactly what should happen in respect of customers being offered or not offered till receipts.

It is my opinion that a customer should always at the very least be asked if they wished to have a till receipt.
I do not think the onus should be on the customer to ask for a receipt.
I believe the onus should be on the store to at the very least offer a till receipt.
This is not only common sense, but common courtesy as well to allow proof of purchase for their records if wanted by a customer.
This is particularly important when people are using debit or credit cards, some contactless to purchase whatever.
Contactless in particular makes it important to have a receipt, because as I understand it there have been many instances of them being hacked, or suffered fraud in some way.
It further occurred to me that you sell goodness knows how many lottery tickets on that particular station.
As has happened in the past, people have claimed to have won on the lottery, but have lost their lottery ticket.
Possibly the only proof they have of purchase is that till receipt.
O.K., that is enough from me until I see you at your earliest convenience.

Best regards

Kenny Thain
Twink55
Chatterbox
Cheshire, England
Twink55 is female  Twink55 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-10-2017, 12:40 PM

I believe that Morrison's policy of not giving receipts is to save money. Some people want them and some don't, but the shop cannot make a decision for all. Maybe some conversation, on why not they are not automatically giving them, should be discussed!
I know that staff at other branches don't ask, but are happy to provide one if requested... so has this man been told not to ask, in the hope that less people will want one?
I always used to throw mine away till I had an experience in Asda, where certain items of cat food had been put on the scanner at a higher price than it was displayed in the shop. It is illegal to do that, but you can't prove, or even notice it, without a receipt.I don't think the member of staff was at fault, but I do think that Morrisons are, in not issuing a receipt to everybody!
Pesta
Chatterbox
North of the South UK
Pesta is female  Pesta has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-10-2017, 12:48 PM

There's another school for thought too.

There are folk who do shopping for others, maybe carers for whoever or someone shopping for an elderly neighbour - whatever.

In those instances, the person who was being 'shopped' for would need to see a receipt both to check they weren't being diddled by their carer/shopper or to give the right cash to the person after checking the receipt.

Not explained awfully well but you know what I mean hopefully

Page 6 of 18 « First < 4 5 6 7 8 16 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top