Join for free
Page 47 of 48 « First < 37 45 46 47 48 >
gumbud
Chatterbox
australia
gumbud is male  gumbud has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-11-2015, 10:53 PM

Re: The Indigenous Australians

Originally Posted by OldGreyFox ->
Cheers Gumbud, didn't think you'd be up yet; just watching 'Get Me Out Of Here I'm A Celebrity' and it's only seven in the morning.

By the way, I was watching 'Bear Grylls' the other day, he was parachuted into the outback in Kimberly. I believe that's where you reside....It looks beautiful....but hot..
good day to you cobber - yep that's the Kimberley - beautiful and hot just like a cuban lady - now if ya talkin ladies then themss the best right Ploopy - even Ploppy don't go floppy wiz dem!

oh the bear man - kids love him be the adults think he's a bit of a show off - even the ladies can't handle him - he don't do ladies he does fightin crocs.

heh yours a bit of a bear grylls man on here ain;t ya OGF?

we take our 'ladies' as they come up here - grilled in frilly dresses with plenty of mayonnaise spread about!
Mr Ploppy
Chatterbox
Perth Western Australia, 3rd house on the right
Mr Ploppy is male  Mr Ploppy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-11-2015, 02:20 AM

Originally Posted by Morticia ->
You mistake my meaning.
I'm sure there are Aussie ladies ... just a shortage of gentlemen.
Or perhaps Australia is just full of lads (males) and laddies (females)
I don't consider myself a gentleman, but when I meet a lady I treat her like a lady. I just wish you were one of those.
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-11-2015, 11:53 AM

You are right you are not a gentleman .
Mr Ploppy
Chatterbox
Mr Ploppy is male  Mr Ploppy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-11-2015, 11:59 AM

And loving it.
Judd
Chatterbox
West Riding of Yorkshire
Judd is male  Judd has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-11-2015, 02:43 PM

Originally Posted by gumbud ->
Aboriginal peoples are recognized both socially and legally as equal citizens to ‘whitfellas’ Yes there is of course racial prejudice on a street level with some of the white population displaying it. However should they express this racial prejudice verbally and in public they will be taken before the equal right commission and of course can be taken to court by the offended Aboriginal person. Incidences of this occasionally occur but are not frequent.

As I mentioned previously one of our PM’s publically in parliament apologized on behalf of all the nation for the injustices of the past. Racial prejudice continues to occur in other countries of the world. America comes to mind when Obama was campaigning for the presidency –many southern ‘whitfellas’ were vocally prejudice against a ‘blackfella’ becoming president.

The cadre of highly qualified Aboriginal professionals who mix seamlessly with their white counterparts both in and out of parliament also are champions for those Aborigines who are less qualified and at the lower levels of society.

So Aborigines are getting their lands back; they are legally equal to ‘whitefellas’ and slowly but surely are improving their own lot in life but also helping their fellow Aborigines.

Govts can always do more we believe but slowly but surely progress is always made and racial prejudice doesn’t disappear over night. In terms of a single Mandela we have had many Mandelas .

Eddie Marbo comes to mind of course as the first black man to win his day in court and prove that ‘terra nullis’ did not exist when the whites arrived. This established the right of Aborigines to claim their land back through the high court.He was a brave man and we stand in awe of him.

The stand on the Nullabor plains against white invasion of their lands also comes to mind. The first Aboriginal who won a place in parliament. All universities around Australia now have an Aboriginal studies centre with a Dean in charge of each one. All champions in their own right. Aborigines in govt positions, universities, construction sites, parliament all have equal right openly recognized and acknowledge.

Yes you can still see some racial prejudice on some streets in some towns but this is the last wave and it will eventually be washed away. No law can make it disappear immediately
An excellent post.
DragonsRealm
Montgomery,Alabama
DragonsRealm is male  DragonsRealm has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-11-2015, 02:51 PM

Originally Posted by Morticia ->
Ah ... I've got it now. Those were very enlightening posts Ploppy .. and as close to the truth as you've ever got.

What you mean is ...
You see disagreement of opinion as an accusation ..so the testosterone levels rocket and you become pantomime artists... brandishing low level wit as your weapon.

Ladies who disagree with you .. are relegated to 'women'... and you only behave in such a juvenile pathetic way to them.
In short .. You can't handle ladies who have opinions. How backward is that. You don't think much of women do you?
I feel sorry for Aussie ladies.
Twink55
Chatterbox
Cheshire, England
Twink55 is female  Twink55 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-11-2015, 03:47 PM

Originally Posted by Judd ->
An excellent post.
Very true Judd and one of the best I have seen from gumbud! I hope I see more reasoned and informed posts from him because he is already starting to make me reconsider my opposition to how the Aborigines are treated!
countrygirl
West Midlands
countrygirl is female  countrygirl has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-11-2015, 11:54 AM

An excellent post.
An excellent post from someone who knows what is really going on. Thank you, gumbud.
countrygirl
West Midlands
countrygirl is female  countrygirl has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-11-2015, 11:55 AM

An excellent post.
Change is often slow to take hold, especially change in mindset of the ruling class, but it is happening for these people.
Mr Ploppy
Chatterbox

23-11-2015, 11:56 AM

Yes, good boy, Gumnut.

Page 47 of 48 « First < 37 45 46 47 48 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top