Join for free
View Poll Results: should the British national and religious character be enshrined in law
YES 12 52.17%
NO 11 47.83%
Voters: 23. You may not vote on this poll

Page 10 of 13 « First < 8 9 10 11 12 > Last »
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-07-2018, 06:13 PM

Re: national referendum on law to enshrine British way of life

No the extremely or even mildly sensible .
You do not allow ethnic minorities to sexually abuse young girls for decades because of political correctness .
You do not impose HALAL meat on an entire country -a country who is reknown for its love and compassion of animals -for the sake of a minorities sky fairy .
You do not allow exceptions to clothing to pander to the medieval mores of an oppressive faith .
Etc etc etc
d00d
Chatterbox
London, UK
d00d is male  d00d has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-07-2018, 08:20 PM

Originally Posted by Muddy ->
No one is taking the bait
Not so sure about that.
Lion Queen
Chatterbox
UK
Lion Queen is female  Lion Queen has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-07-2018, 09:12 PM

Originally Posted by Twink55 ->
Would that be so bad? In the 50's and 60's most people had a job and a place to live and the majority wanted to work hard to improve their situation.
These days many people can only find the time to complain, and the reason they do that is because we are losing British values!
I wouldn't mind going back to live in the late 50's and 60's. It was hard work but people seemed so much happier in those days from what I remember.

Everyone looked out for each other, neighbours all knew each other, we had little money yet children were happy with their christmas gift (one or maybe two), children played out, ran around, cycled unlike today where all kids seem to want to do is sit on their backsides going into another world playing violent computer games or spend time not talking to their mates but looking at their phones.

Jobs were aplenty, people used to like to watch films with none or little vile language and violence, there wasn't so much traffic on the roads, bobbies were on the beat and were respected by all. Families would eat around the table and actually talk to each other.

I could on but I won't bore you anymore.

Oh yes, I'd so love to be back in the 50's even if I wasn't born
Bruv
Kent UK
Bruv is male  Bruv has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-07-2018, 09:31 PM

No the extremely or even mildly sensible .
You do not allow ethnic minorities to sexually abuse young girls for decades because of political correctness .
Allow is not the word.
I don't totally agree with the "because of PC " part, such investigations are delicate and difficult across the cultural divisions.
The police did under perform, no denial there. Now after the unbelievable truth was known, they have to work around the likes of Tommy, muddying the waters.
But what about the genital mutilation of young boys, is a different standard applied here ? (Obviously because of my antisemitism )

You do not impose HALAL meat on an entire country -a country who is reknown for its love and compassion of animals -for the sake of a minorities sky fairy.
Nit picking, the majority of halal meat is stunned first. The objection to halal is an excuse, No slaugther of animals is completely humane, delivering animals to the killing floor with a heavy scent of blood in the air, and the treatment they get pushing them to the slaughterman is not humane even in pig slaughter houses...AND HERE

You do not allow exceptions to clothing to pander to the medieval mores of an oppressive faith .
Etc etc etc
Ban the burqa......Why ? Because ALL Muslims are terrorists ?
What about turbans on motor bikes ? Are they acceptable because.....because of what ? They meet your criteria ?
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-07-2018, 10:52 PM

Originally Posted by Lion Queen ->
I wouldn't mind going back to live in the late 50's and 60's. It was hard work but people seemed so much happier in those days from what I remember.

Everyone looked out for each other, neighbours all knew each other, we had little money yet children were happy with their christmas gift (one or maybe two), children played out, ran around, cycled unlike today where all kids seem to want to do is sit on their backsides going into another world playing violent computer games or spend time not talking to their mates but looking at their phones.

Jobs were aplenty, people used to like to watch films with none or little vile language and violence, there wasn't so much traffic on the roads, bobbies were on the beat and were respected by all. Families would eat around the table and actually talk to each other.

I could on but I won't bore you anymore.

Oh yes, I'd so love to be back in the 50's even if I wasn't born
I was!

But yes, of course, I agree with you.

We have gained much technologically since then, but have lost much sociologically.
gumbud
Chatterbox
australia
gumbud is male  gumbud has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-07-2018, 11:12 PM

and you've never liked voting!!! - come rain or come shine!!!! one day to go and wonderful brexit style results - Uk always in tension with itself!! doesn't know whether its arfa or marfa!!
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-07-2018, 05:05 AM

Why do you write in this parculiar style ?
People don't talk like this in the UK - I must assume that you left many years ago and have never returned so are a bit behind the times.
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK

22-07-2018, 05:15 AM

Originally Posted by Bruv ->
Allow is not the word.
I don't totally agree with the "because of PC " part, such investigations are delicate and difficult across the cultural divisions.
The police did under perform, no denial there. Now after the unbelievable truth was known, they have to work around the likes of Tommy, muddying the waters.
But what about the genital mutilation of young boys, is a different standard applied here ? (Obviously because of my antisemitism )
How exactly is TR 'muddying the waters' ?
This is something that is as clear as crystal .
There is no doubt about the abuse .
No need to go down the TR rabbit hole .

Your comments re genital mutilation of boys are ignorant .
There is no comparison between that and FGM
Of course there is a different standard .I don't know if you are an antisemite or not another stupid and unnecessary comment .
You do know circumcision is not restricted to Jewish people -no I guess not .
However he removal of a piece of forskin in is NOT comparable to the grossly invasive and life changing effects of FGM

Nit picking, the majority of halal meat is stunned first.
80% are that leaves 20% who are not which amounts to millions of animals
The objection to halal is an excuse,
No it's not it fact it's you who are making excuses

Why should a minority be allowed to impose its dietary customs on the majority .
Cruelty aside I don't want my meat prayed over .
Especially to some tyrannous sky fairy
( pigs BTW are the only animals not killed by Halal slaughter )

Ban the burqa......Why ? Because ALL Muslims are terrorists ?
What about turbans on motor bikes ? Are they acceptable because.....because of what ? They meet your criteria ?
No because they are an affront to British men and woman and all the values we hold dear . To cover a woman's face is to insult all those who have gone before in the struggle for female equality .
We don't need to step backwards
The law is the law all should follow it.
If you want to wear a turban don't ride a motorbike simple.
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-07-2018, 11:25 AM

How exactly is TR 'muddying the waters' ?
This is something that is as clear as crystal .
There is no doubt about the abuse .
No need to go down the TR rabbit hole .

Your comments re genital mutilation of boys are ignorant .
There is no comparison between that and FGM
Of course there is a different standard .I don't know if you are an antisemite or not another stupid and unnecessary comment .
You do know circumcision is not restricted to Jewish people -no I guess not .
However he removal of a piece of forskin in is NOT comparable to the grossly invasive and life changing effects of FGM

80% are that leaves 20% who are not which amounts to millions of animals

No it's not it fact it's you who are making excuses

Why should a minority be allowed to impose its dietary customs on the majority .
Cruelty aside I don't want my meat prayed over .
Especially to some tyrannous sky fairy
( pigs BTW are the only animals not killed by Halal slaughter )

No because they are an affront to British men and woman and all the values we hold dear . To cover a woman's face is to insult all those who have gone before in the struggle for female equality .
We don't need to step backwards
The law is the law all should follow it.
If you want to wear a turban don't ride a motorbike simple.
Whether or not mediaeval cultures want to keep their women under the thumb in their own countries matters not a jot to me.

Torturing animals, though, is another matter. Something that makes me sick.

But this is our country. We have laws against such things. We have animal protection organisations.

Yet evil halal animal torture persists. Surely, that is against the law, isn't it?

So, yet again, we should be blaming our own leaders although, of course, I realise that they are afraid of the mediaeval culture we are discussing.
Twink55
Chatterbox
Cheshire, England
Twink55 is female  Twink55 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-07-2018, 11:33 AM

Why do you write in this parculiar style ?
People don't talk like this in the UK - I must assume that you left many years ago and have never returned so are a bit behind the times.
Perhaps he is upset, as so few people wanted to vote in his poll?

Page 10 of 13 « First < 8 9 10 11 12 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top