Join for free
Page 932 of 1676 « First < 432 832 882 922 930 931 932 933 934 942 982 1032 1432 > Last »
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-08-2018, 09:12 PM

Re: Leisurely Scribbles (part 5)

Play me Old King Cole
That I may join with you,
All your hearts now seem so far from me
It hardly seems to matter now.

And the nurse will tell you lies
Of a kingdom beyond the skies.
But I am lost within this half-world,
It hardly seems to matter now.

Play me my song.
Here it comes again.
Play me my song.
Here it comes again.

Just a little bit,
Just a little bit more time,
Time left to live out my life
Jem
Chatterbox
Dublin
Jem is male  Jem has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-08-2018, 09:28 PM

Ah that’s lovely Sweetie, really nice.
I think that woman has the love bug bad, maybe she’s one of Gummy’s ex’s from Liverpool and she can’t live without her Mersey dreamboat.
Just thinking, manys the dreamboat turned out to be a tug (thug), my sister married one when she was very young, thankfully they parted fairly quickly and she's now happily married again to a lovely fella.

Thanks for posting the answers to the quiz Sweetie, I haven’t finished the third one yet so I can do it at my leisure and see how I do.
Jem
Chatterbox
Dublin
Jem is male  Jem has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-08-2018, 09:31 PM

My God your all getting very sentimental tonight, everyone drinking gin?
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-08-2018, 09:44 PM

See folks keep doing sentimentality, till everyone they know has disappeared.
Jem
Chatterbox
Dublin

11-08-2018, 09:54 PM

Talking about finding old things in fields and in cliffs.
Believe it or not as it bothers me not, but back in the late sixties I was once commissioned by the national museum to put together a gold and silver chalice dated around 500 AD, found by a farmer while he was ploughing his field in Co. Meath, his neighbour was not far away, he was a sugar beet farmer, out standing in his own field I believe.
It was beside a skeleton and was battered and broken in six parts, the skeleton was in bits too but I don’t think solder and a cleaning would have helped him recover.
Who knows St. Patrick himself probably used it at some time, he was here in 432 so we’re told, the museum paid me handsomely for the job, bless their dear hearts.
I made up a children’s story about it, used to tell it me kids at bedtime, saying that as I was cleaning out the chalice I found some dried up seeds at the bottom, planted them and up came a thornless rose tree, it had green flowers and white leaves and special magical powers etc. etc. my kids loved it and still remember it well, they often slag me about “Saint Patricks Rose”
Sweetie pie
Chatterbox
Dorset
Sweetie pie is female  Sweetie pie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-08-2018, 11:07 PM

Aww, such lovely posts.
I am all sentimental now.

Sweetie pie
Chatterbox
Dorset
Sweetie pie is female  Sweetie pie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-08-2018, 12:08 AM

Ciderman
Masterton, New Zealand
Ciderman is male  Ciderman has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-08-2018, 03:09 AM

A couple of years ago I was fallowing my hobby of geocaching. If you don't know what that is, it's a bit like 'hide & seek' for grown ups. You hide something , leaving a small notebook and let other s find it from encrypted instructions on line. I was looking for a place to hide mine and as I pushed it into a small gap in the limestone cliffs, I noticed a 'clinking' sound on my watch strap. Looking and feeling around in the dark hole I found a bottle covered in dust but when wiped you could read a piece of paper inside.
The hole in the rock where I found it!

The bottle

The news paper

And the guy that hid it back in 1890's.
gumbud
Chatterbox
australia
gumbud is male  gumbud has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-08-2018, 03:13 AM

nice pic of ya beard CM - you'd been drinkin the old grape juice again had ya ?
gumbud
Chatterbox
australia
gumbud is male  gumbud has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-08-2018, 03:18 AM

Originally Posted by Sweetie pie ->
On My Own

On my own
Pretending he's beside me
All alone
I walk with him till morning
Without him
I feel his arms around me
And when I lose my way I close my eyes
And he has found me
In the rain the pavement shines like silver
All the lights are misty in the river
In the darkness, the trees are full of starlight
And all I see is him and me forever and forever
And I know it's only in my mind
That I'm talking to myself and not to him
And although I know that he is blind
Still I say, there's a way for us
I love him
But when the night is over
He is gone
The river's just a river
Without him
The world around me changes
The trees are bare and everywhere
The streets are full of strangers
I love him
But every day I'm learning
All my life
I've only been pretending
Without me
His world will go on turning
A world that's full of happiness
That I have never known
I love him
I love him
I love him
But only on my own

Songwriters: Alain Albert Boublil / Claude Michel Schonberg / Herbert Kretzmer / Jean Marc Natel
Ah a piece from one of my favorite musicals - is this part of the quiz by the way? For me it was a toss up between three notable singers who sang it in the show : Elena Markova; Elena Giardini or Lea Salonga??????? hmm???

I guess pickin ya best singer is not an objective thing heh - lots of memories there and sentiments and love jangles but for me the voice that clicked the most was Elena Markova - now that yanked a few ones??

Miserable weather we're 'avin heh?

Page 932 of 1676 « First < 432 832 882 922 930 931 932 933 934 942 982 1032 1432 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top