Join for free
Yorkshireman100
west yorkshire
Yorkshireman100 is male  Yorkshireman100 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-02-2013, 01:31 PM

BBC 2 HD Launch

The BBC have announced the launch of BBC2 HD on the 26th March at 6am.

It will replace the BBC HD channel, the SD output of 2 will continue as it is now.

This will give many more programmes in higher picture quality and hopefully more 5.1 surround sound for those with the equipment.
The Dog Lover
Watford
The Dog Lover is female  The Dog Lover has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-02-2013, 03:21 PM

Re: BBC 2 HD Launch

To be quite honest I don't notice any difference between the HD channels we have and the ordinary ones so I tend to watch the ordinary ones and my picture is as clear as it can be. I don't have any fancy sound systems so can't comment on that.

What do others think do you notice much difference ?
Alan Cooke
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire, UK
Alan Cooke is male  Alan Cooke has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-02-2013, 03:43 PM

I too can't tell the difference.
Jem
Chatterbox
Dublin
Jem is male  Jem has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-02-2013, 04:00 PM

I was going to say the same thing Val, but thought I would be like the boy who said the Emperor had no clothes, I can't see very much difference with this HD thing, all the pictures I get are crystal clear as it is, I have the equipment for the HD channels but very seldom use them, why should I when I'm satisfied with what I got, some of the HD cables are very expensive. It's not just me either, my two grandsons say there's very little difference between HD and standard as far as they can see, the wife sees no difference whatsoever. Another excuse for the cable companies to charge you more. Thanks for the info Malcolm.
Janela
Fondly Remembered
Essex UK
Janela is female  Janela has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-02-2013, 08:13 PM

On our tv, we have the choice already.. BBC1 and BBC2 are both HD
I can't see any difference either - is there a point in this HD?
Digital isn't sorted yet, our screen still pixilates in bad weather. (or when a jet goes over, without suppressors on it's spark plugs)
Barry
Chatterbox
North Notts
Barry is male  Barry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-02-2013, 08:53 PM

I can't tell the difference either.....
Brandykins
Fondly Remembered
near Glasgow Scotland
Brandykins is female  Brandykins has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-02-2013, 09:29 PM

I don't know the difference either! The pictures all look the same as "ordinary" telly!!

Thanks for the info
Alicat
West Berkshire
Alicat is female  Alicat has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-02-2013, 10:36 PM

I can't either but hubby can. If I'm watching ordinary instead of it on HD, hubby comes in and says "why haven't you got it on HD" and turns it onto the HD channel.

I think you notice it more on the sports channels. Hubby is obsessed with premiership footie and you can tell the picture is alot clearer on HD. He really got it mainly for the footie.

We hardly ever watch BBC2 apart from Dads Army.
Nobaggage
Cornwall UK/ Carcassonne France
Nobaggage is female  Nobaggage has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-02-2013, 11:17 AM

I dont notice much difference ...although saying that I have noticed that the make up artist on the crew of emmerdale isnt doing such a good job as debbies skin looks terrible ....;0)
maggis
Adelaide South Australia
maggis is female  maggis has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-02-2013, 06:13 AM

The only time I've noticed the difference was when we hired the Avatar movie from the video shop and then watched it on Fox HD ,apart from that can't say that it's much different altho' I don't watch live sport so maybe there's a diff. there

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top