Join for free
Page 2 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 > Last »
mesco m
manchester
mesco m is female  mesco m has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-10-2012, 06:07 PM

Re: Chatty Folks

It's the way of forums, always has been. I'm sure some of the members here who do join in the chat, don't post in every thread, I know I don't.
Dorcas
UK
Dorcas is female  Dorcas has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-10-2012, 07:03 PM

I'm a newish member.

I think maybe some members join and then find looking through all the different threads that perhaps it isn't for them after all.

I know they could start a thread of there own about something there interested in but not everyone feels they could for the very reason, "Being new"
Jimmy
Lancashire
Jimmy is male  Jimmy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-10-2012, 07:40 PM

Originally Posted by Dorcas ->
I'm a newish member.

I think maybe some members join and then find looking through all the different threads that perhaps it isn't for them after all.

I know they could start a thread of there own about something there interested in but not everyone feels they could for the very reason, "Being new"
I think they would have already looked through the threads before joining Dorcas, you don't have to be a member to read.

When I joined. I couldn't have my usual username because it had already been taken, but he has only posted once in 3 years.
hazel
Lancashire U.K.
hazel is female  hazel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-10-2012, 08:01 PM

Originally Posted by Jimmy ->
I think they would have already looked through the threads before joining Dorcas, you don't have to be a member to read.

When I joined. I couldn't have my usual username because it had already been taken, but he has only posted once in 3 years.
not everyone knows that you can have a look around, I didn't nor did I know I could have a username I didn't know what one was or how to get one. I sat watching a forum (I didn't know it was a forum) every night for about 6 months before I felt confident enough to join in, I never go on it now. I know some others who won't join in cos they're afraid to.
shaz
Manchester, lancs
shaz is female  shaz has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-10-2012, 08:50 PM

I have joined forum. At first they seem fine, but after being on for a while. You can find them to be a bit of a click. Or some posters are just nasty.

So I have left.

At the moment I post on 5 forums. Which I find to be friendly, with good post and humour.
mari41
Wynyard. Tasmania
mari41 is female  mari41 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-10-2012, 05:00 AM

I have only just joined this forum. When I join a new forum I like to just read for a little while before I join in on a regular basis. I like to get a feel of the regulars and the way posts are accepted. Some forums are chatty and 'huggy' while others are more formal and into debating. I like what I have red so far and have made a reply to a post. Sometimes it is easy to expect too much of folk too soon.
Antibrown
Cumbria UK
Antibrown is male  Antibrown has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-10-2012, 07:22 AM

Some people with nothing to do one day surf the net, find a forum that looks great and join only to find that they do not have as much free time as they thought so never get back.
Barry
Chatterbox
North Notts
Barry is male  Barry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-10-2012, 08:02 AM

It's a fact that computers, and forums in particular are great thieves of time, and not everyone can join as much as they'd like..
Aerolor
Chatterbox
UK
Aerolor is female  Aerolor has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-10-2012, 04:52 PM

I was completely new to forums until I joined Dogsey and after a while found this Over 50s forum, This is the one I go on most these days and I usually have a look every day even if I don't post anything. I think it was quite lucky finding this forum and I don't think any new members need feel reserved about joining into the threads.
inthemoment777
United Kingdom
inthemoment777 is male  inthemoment777 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-10-2012, 08:41 AM

I think many people like to hear about other peoples life's without disclosing much which is fine.
Some people like to hear different opinions and views without needing to express theirs.
Some may have learning disabilities, some maybe not confident in communicating
For some it may not be their first language.

Page 2 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top