Join for free
Page 3 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >
janet gracey
london
janet gracey is female  janet gracey has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-10-2012, 05:51 PM

Re: Chatty Folks

I only joined here recently myself. I did look at this site before I joined and liked what I saw. I did get replies when I introduced myself which I though was very nice. I do come on here a lot and have replied to posts. There is such a variety on here. I for one am happy that I was made to feel welcome here.
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-10-2012, 05:56 PM

Originally Posted by janet gracey ->
I only joined here recently myself. I did look at this site before I joined and liked what I saw. I did get replies when I introduced myself which I though was very nice. I do come on here a lot and have replied to posts. There is such a variety on here. I for one am happy that I was made to feel welcome here.
Janet that's good to hear I hope you will continue to post replies.
janet gracey
london
janet gracey is female  janet gracey has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-10-2012, 06:00 PM

Thanks for that Meg.
thepopster
New Member!
UK
thepopster is female 

26-10-2012, 06:41 PM

Originally Posted by Mollie ->
That's always been my bug-bear. Why join if you don't want to chat. I've brought this subject up before on here.

I've got to the point now where I don't acknowledge new folk until they've started chatting. That may sound harsh, but why bother if they don't?
All I can say is 'how rude'. Anyone is welcome to my home, I never walk past a Big Issue Seller. I buy coffee and donuts for homeless and think people should be allowed to feel comfortable before snapping at their heels. Clearly you dont.

I have been perusing the threads, looking for a common bond, something that either interests me or stimulates my mind. I have not been ignorant or pushy. Why single out the quiet ones, are you that desperate.
hazel
Lancashire U.K.
hazel is female  hazel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-10-2012, 07:15 PM

funny but I've just been on another forum and one poster was complaining about people going in chat rooms and not talking, but not everyone knows what to do I don't know about anyone else but I'm learning as I go along I have to find my way about, no instruction book. When I first came on here I tried to reply to all the welcomes and they were all over the show, after that I was afraid to press the wrong buttons. Sometimes don't like to offend either. Only found out last week what go advanced meant, now I can have emoticons.
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-10-2012, 07:24 PM

Originally Posted by thepopster ->
All I can say is 'how rude'. Anyone is welcome to my home, I never walk past a Big Issue Seller. I buy coffee and donuts for homeless and think people should be allowed to feel comfortable before snapping at their heels. Clearly you dont.

I have been perusing the threads, looking for a common bond, something that either interests me or stimulates my mind. I have not been ignorant or pushy. Why single out the quiet ones, are you that desperate.
Thepopster, I hope you will not be put off by that unfortunate post, you only have to look at the Introductions thread to see how welcoming our members can be ..... if new members introduce themselves to the forum, I personally think they are worthy of a reply.

However, you are very welcome here and I look forward to seeing you joining in with anything that interests you.
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-10-2012, 08:42 PM

Originally Posted by hazel ->
. When I first came on here I tried to reply to all the welcomes and they were all over the show, after that I was afraid to press the wrong buttons. Sometimes don't like to offend either. Only found out last week what go advanced meant, now I can have emoticons.
I will need to go away and think about that Hazel
Janela
Fondly Remembered
Essex UK
Janela is female  Janela has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-10-2012, 09:56 PM

Hazel, this being my first forum, my first post, I put in the wrong place It was kindly put in the right place by 'someone' (probably Meg ) I'm normally a shyish person, with no confidence (true ) I've continued here and love the banter and I feel I have come out of my shell.
I try to greet people in their introductions, because it made me feel good and welcome.
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire

26-10-2012, 10:13 PM

Originally Posted by Meg ->
I will need to go away and think about that Hazel
Ah I have got it now do you know Hazel I never spotted the 'go advanced ' because I never scroll down that far, I always click on 'reply' bottom left of the post .
HeatherMK
Milton Keynes, UK
HeatherMK is female  HeatherMK has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-10-2012, 10:45 PM

I am new here and I really only post when I think I have something almost worth hearing. I would hate to feel that I HAD to post when all I could give is utter rubbish.

Page 3 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top