Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Antibrown
Cumbria UK
Antibrown is male  Antibrown has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-10-2012, 07:16 AM

If it's good for the Goose,,,

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-london-20102813

Should he be made to resign as Labour wanted the Tory chief whip for his mistake?
Uncle Joe
Chatterbox
Brighton UK
Uncle Joe is male  Uncle Joe has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-10-2012, 09:35 AM

Re: If it's good for the Goose,,,

Originally Posted by Antibrown ->
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-london-20102813

Should he be made to resign as Labour wanted the Tory chief whip for his mistake?
Certainly NOT!!! - at least he had the good manners to (a) Not swear at the Police and (b) admit he was in the wrong immediately. There are many more MPs and top civil servants with motoring offences on their licenses.
Aerolor
Chatterbox
UK
Aerolor is female  Aerolor has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-10-2012, 10:16 AM

I agree with Uncle Joe - I think it is a mistake anyone could make and he admitted it and paid up witout being objectionable - not like the ex whip who was so arrogant and had to be shoved into doing the right thing.
Wrinkly
Fondly Remembered
West Yorks.
Wrinkly is male  Wrinkly has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-10-2012, 10:26 AM

I too agree with Geoff, I knew this would happen the first chance you had Bob, but I don't blame you, it is hard receiving all this negativity from your party, the same as it was for us when the Labour party were in government.
This guy has taken his punishment like a man, and not a wimp like Mitchell, and I might add he didn't lie.
Anybody in government who is caught lying should be sacked, they can no longer be trusted.
thepopster
New Member!
UK
thepopster is female 

27-10-2012, 11:35 AM

He already had six points for speeding, not such a nice chap after all. Our children, grandchildren, friend, neighbours and all we hold dear are put at risk by people like this. Your car insurance is of paramount importance and an MOT says your car is fit for the road. He was more than culpable, he is a death trap let loose. I think the ban was not severe enough and the fine was hardly punitive.
Uncle Joe
Chatterbox
Brighton UK
Uncle Joe is male  Uncle Joe has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-10-2012, 12:34 PM

Originally Posted by thepopster ->
He already had six points for speeding, not such a nice chap after all. Our children, grandchildren, friend, neighbours and all we hold dear are put at risk by people like this. Your car insurance is of paramount importance and an MOT says your car is fit for the road. He was more than culpable, he is a death trap let loose. I think the ban was not severe enough and the fine was hardly punitive.

Its likely darlin' that the lack of insurance occurred at the time the MOT certificate expired. Thus when stopped by the Police and he produced his documents, it had flagged up on PNC that his car didn't have a valid MOT certificate which immediately invalidated his insurance.
Antibrown
Cumbria UK
Antibrown is male  Antibrown has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-10-2012, 08:08 AM

How can anyone make this mistake, you never forget your insurance because you get reminders as you do when your car needs an M.O.T, no this was pure trying to get away with it.

Arthur, I was not waiting for this chance there are plenty of others chances that stupid Labour make daily as soon as one opens their mouth.
By the way I am not a Tory, I am for the party that can put this country back together again after Labour tore it apart.
Wrinkly
Fondly Remembered
West Yorks.
Wrinkly is male  Wrinkly has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-10-2012, 08:17 AM

Bob if you read Geoff's link, you will see the likely cause was his MOT had run out, and he no longer had valid insurance.
He would have got a longer ban if he hadn't the insurance first.
Antibrown
Cumbria UK

29-10-2012, 08:23 AM

Originally Posted by Wrinkly ->
Bob if you read Geoff's link, you will see the likely cause was his MOT had run out, and he no longer had valid insurance.
He would have got a longer ban if he hadn't the insurance first.

You believe that Is that truth!!

I do not think so, you can not trust any politician to lie straight in bed let alone admit that he is trying to avoid his taxes so to speak.
Wrinkly
Fondly Remembered
West Yorks.

29-10-2012, 08:34 AM

To be honest I don't care, but it explains why he didn't have the reminder you were talking about.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top