Join for free
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
Antibrown
Cumbria UK
Antibrown is male  Antibrown has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-11-2012, 07:48 AM

The rules need changed

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-20178332

It does not need comment from anyone, this proves what labour MP's are even more than any other MP's.

He can not be prosecuted because House of Commons rules prevented his letters being used against him, it has emerged.
Alan Cooke
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire, UK
Alan Cooke is male  Alan Cooke has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-11-2012, 08:37 AM

Re: The rules need changed

As I said in a post a couple of weeks ago, moral standards are slipping in this country. What with the "dishonourable" politicians and some (too many) police you can't trust I wonder about the future.
Barry
Chatterbox
North Notts
Barry is male  Barry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-11-2012, 08:41 AM

I still think this is a cross party issue with greed, not politics being the driving force.

The all too familiar scandals over MPs expenses will never abate until the whole payments system is taken out of Westminster’s hands, and preferably out of London altogether. The answer surely is to employ a medium sized firm of provincial accountants, working out of a non descript industrial estate somewhere up north to deal with all claims and payments. How difficult could it be to set up a system which is less open to abuse? Using standard methods of accounting, claims should only be made once a month, in arrears and in writing, with no personal contact allowed between auditor and claimant other than through recordable channels such as e-mail or letter. Yes, Parliament must determine the rules and levels of recompense but only in line with HMRC guidelines, and Parliament should play no part in the execution of the system. Too often the Right Honourables have proved that they are not to be trusted, so perhaps it’s finally time to move the sweeties out of their reach....
Uncle Joe
Chatterbox
Brighton UK
Uncle Joe is male  Uncle Joe has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-11-2012, 09:34 AM

Originally Posted by Antibrown ->

It does not need comment from anyone, this proves what labour MP's are even more than any other MP's.

He can not be prosecuted because House of Commons rules prevented his letters being used against him, it has emerged.
Give it a rest Bob, you're pathetic!!! what would you say about the latest news concerning 'a leading Tory politician' who is allegedly involved with a paedophile ring??? - will you condemn him too???
Antibrown
Cumbria UK
Antibrown is male  Antibrown has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-11-2012, 11:22 PM

Originally Posted by Uncle Joe ->
Give it a rest Bob, you're pathetic!!! what would you say about the latest news concerning 'a leading Tory politician' who is allegedly involved with a paedophile ring??? - will you condemn him too???

Joe, I would condem anyone fiddling their expenses, more so Politicians.
I used to tell my employees that if they were caught fiddling their expenses then they would be looking for new employment. They were not just trying to rip me off but their work colleagues as well.

It must be getting to you Joe, you are upset because I have highlighted another Labour politician, I bet if I had pointed it out to be Maggie you would have agreed.
Anyway I thought you hated all politicians apart from dead ones like Karl Marx.
Uncle Joe
Chatterbox
Brighton UK
Uncle Joe is male  Uncle Joe has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-11-2012, 10:24 AM

Yes I too condemn Denis McShane, as I would with any Bliarite arseswipe!!!

Very interesting though that you have refrained from any comment relating to the 'Tory' politician who is allegedly involved in a paedophile ring notwithstanding the question I posed to you about that in my previous post.
Antibrown
Cumbria UK

05-11-2012, 08:03 AM

Originally Posted by Uncle Joe ->
Yes I too condemn Denis McShane, as I would with any Bliarite arseswipe!!!

Very interesting though that you have refrained from any comment relating to the 'Tory' politician who is allegedly involved in a paedophile ring notwithstanding the question I posed to you about that in my previous post.
Joe I think everyone knows my views about Peadophiles so I did not think it required any comment, they should be locked up and the key thrown away regardless from what walk of life they come from.
sue_arnold
UK
sue_arnold is female  sue_arnold has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-11-2012, 09:28 PM

One has to ask why you start a topic and then state "It does not need a comment from any one"

Well sorry I am going to reply.

Through the ages MPs have stated things that would never be said by others through fear of imprisonment hanging or in this age being sued.

A scum bag like him might not end up where he belongs but that should not be a reason that we take away the right of MP to be protected by PP because most will use and have used it in the past in the right manner.
Antibrown
Cumbria UK

06-11-2012, 08:13 AM

Originally Posted by sue_arnold ->
One has to ask why you start a topic and then state "It does not need a comment from any one"

Well sorry I am going to reply.

Through the ages MPs have stated things that would never be said by others through fear of imprisonment hanging or in this age being sued.

A scum bag like him might not end up where he belongs but that should not be a reason that we take away the right of MP to be protected by PP because most will use and have used it in the past in the right manner.
Why should MP's have PP's?
Why should they not live with the same rules that we all have?
What is so special about an person who tells untruths most of the time and just spouts words just to enrich their own lives?
Uncle Joe
Chatterbox
Brighton UK

06-11-2012, 08:30 AM

Why should MP's have PP's?
Why should they not live with the same rules that we all have?
What is so special about an person who tells untruths most of the time and just spouts words just to enrich their own lives?
Without Parliamentary privilege Bob, most of what has now been revealed by the 'Levinson' enquiry would not have come to light. Much of the scandal involving PPI, would not have been revealed, the dirty dealings of the bankers and city traders, we would know very little about. In past history much of the scandals in the 'House' itself e.g 'Profumo' would also not have come to light.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top