Join for free
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >
Antibrown
Cumbria UK
Antibrown is male  Antibrown has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-11-2012, 09:26 AM

Re: The rules need changed

Originally Posted by Uncle Joe ->
Without Parliamentary privilege Bob, most of what has now been revealed by the 'Levinson' enquiry would not have come to light. Much of the scandal involving PPI, would not have been revealed, the dirty dealings of the bankers and city traders, we would know very little about. In past history much of the scandals in the 'House' itself e.g 'Profumo' would also not have come to light.
Oh!, now I see it Joe, you agree with PP's which allow MP's to fraud the taxpayer and line their own pockets but you do not agree with the goverment when they make cuts to get this country back to it's feet.

If you agree with PP's which allow wrong doings to come to light then should that rule not apply to the public whistleblowers as well?
Uncle Joe
Chatterbox
Brighton UK
Uncle Joe is male  Uncle Joe has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-11-2012, 09:52 AM

If you agree with PP's which allow wrong doings to come to light then should that rule not apply to the public whistleblowers as well?

Absolutely Bob, I never suggested otherwise!!!

Oh!, now I see it Joe, you agree with PP's which allow MP's to fraud the taxpayer and line their own pockets

Furthermore, how dare you suggest I would condone fraud perpetrated by any MPs!!! I have NEVER supported or even hinted at such a suggestion. Were it in my power to do so, I would be issuing my own writ of slander against you for even suggesting it.

If you recall, it was I who suggested the total destruction of the current parliamentary system in the first place to be replaced by a Parliament of DELEGATES mandated to vote according to the wishes of their individual constituents.
Antibrown
Cumbria UK
Antibrown is male  Antibrown has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-11-2012, 08:56 AM

Joe did you not say that if it was not for PP's certain events would not have been forthcoming, suggesting that you agreed with PP's.
This to me means that you agreeing to PP's, as such, you condone whatever they produce.

Your words, in a court of law would clear me.
Uncle Joe
Chatterbox
Brighton UK
Uncle Joe is male  Uncle Joe has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-11-2012, 10:21 AM

Originally Posted by Antibrown ->
Joe did you not say that if it was not for PP's certain events would not have been forthcoming, suggesting that you agreed with PP's.
This to me means that you agreeing to PP's, as such, you condone whatever they produce.

Your words, in a court of law would clear me.
On the contrary 'Auntie' your words condemn you, just consider yourself lucky that Legal Aid is unavailable for defamation cases.

Furthermore, I note your complete silence (I wonder why that is???) regarding the matter of the TORY MP who is now swanning off to Australia to take poart in a television programme. She is still to receive her MP's salary, but will also be receiving a fee from the television company too.
QUESTION do you think it right that an MP should be absent from her duties for up to four weeks, deserting her constituents and receive a fee from the television company too??? Is that also not tantamount to defrauding the Exchequer???
Barry
Chatterbox
North Notts
Barry is male  Barry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-11-2012, 01:07 PM

I have to agree with you on this UJ, Nadine Dorres is a disgrace to herself and her constituents. She will be made a laughing stock and I doubt she will be forgiven at the next election...
Uncle Joe
Chatterbox
Brighton UK

07-11-2012, 04:05 PM

Originally Posted by plantman ->
I have to agree with you on this UJ, Nadine Dorres is a disgrace to herself and her constituents. She will be made a laughing stock and I doubt she will be forgiven at the next election...
Thank you Barry. We'll make you as a revolutionary yet!!!
Antibrown
Cumbria UK

07-11-2012, 04:13 PM

On the contrary 'Auntie' your words condemn you, just consider yourself lucky that Legal Aid is unavailable for defamation cases.

Furthermore, I note your complete silence (I wonder why that is???) regarding the matter of the TORY MP who is now swanning off to Australia to take poart in a television programme. She is still to receive her MP's salary, but will also be receiving a fee from the television company too.
QUESTION do you think it right that an MP should be absent from her duties for up to four weeks, deserting her constituents and receive a fee from the television company too??? Is that also not tantamount to defrauding the Exchequer???

Joe, this is so typical of left wing activists, they open their mouths without checking the facts.

Long before you posted your ridiculous comments I had put up a thread about her.
sue_arnold
UK
sue_arnold is female  sue_arnold has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-11-2012, 07:07 PM

If you recall, it was I who suggested the total destruction of the current parliamentary system in the first place to be replaced by a Parliament of DELEGATES mandated to vote according to the wishes of their individual constituents.

Then just get rid of the Whip system.
Uncle Joe
Chatterbox
Brighton UK

08-11-2012, 08:27 AM

Originally Posted by sue_arnold ->
Then just get rid of the Whip system.
Sue darlin' - that wouldn't help - we need a root and branch total reorganisation of our parliamentary system beginning with the abolition of the House of Lords, its replacement with a directly elected second chamber, the elimination of the Monarchy and a change in the system for MPs, so that whereas now, they are REPRESENTATIVES, in future they should be DELEGATES. A subtle but very important distinction which then puts power back into the hands of those who originally elected the MPs.
sue_arnold
UK
sue_arnold is female  sue_arnold has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-11-2012, 11:52 AM

Sue darlin' - that wouldn't help - we need a root and branch total reorganisation of our parliamentary system beginning with the abolition of the House of Lords, its replacement with a directly elected second chamber, the elimination of the Monarchy and a change in the system for MPs, so that whereas now, they are REPRESENTATIVES, in future they should be DELEGATES. A subtle but very important distinction which then puts power back into the hands of those who originally elected the MPs.

Sorry UJ "sweet heart" total utter rubbish.

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top