Join for free
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >
Hu99
Vancouver, BC, Canada
Hu99 is male  Hu99 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-11-2012, 05:51 AM

Re: Archishop of Canterbury.

Originally Posted by Uncle Joe ->
As One of the other candidates was the Arch Bishop of York, a person who would, had he been 'white', have to greater extent 'automatically' succeeded to the post, I wonder if the 'church' may have been guilty of racism???
The Archbishop of Canterbury leads the Church of ENGLAND!! John Sentamu has no claim to the post despite your "blinders on" lefty thinking, in fact he should never have been allowed to reach the position of Archbishop of York.

...and don't call me "matey."
Uncle Joe
Chatterbox
Brighton UK
Uncle Joe is male  Uncle Joe has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-11-2012, 08:13 AM

Originally Posted by Hu99 ->
The Archbishop of Canterbury leads the Church of ENGLAND!! John Sentamu has no claim to the post despite your "blinders on" lefty thinking, in fact he should never have been allowed to reach the position of Archbishop of York.

...and don't call me "matey."
I have no time for racists and bigots!!!
MickB
London UK
MickB is male  MickB has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-11-2012, 03:37 PM

Thank You Gordon Brown!
Antibrown
Cumbria UK
Antibrown is male  Antibrown has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-11-2012, 04:13 PM

What would you call a Left wing Activist who is obstinately or intolerantly devoted to his or her own opinions and prejudices, one who regards or treats the members of a group with hatred and intolerance, ( Maggie springs to mind here ).

This is the state of mind of a bigot as defined by Merriam-Webster.
sue_arnold
UK
sue_arnold is female  sue_arnold has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-11-2012, 06:57 PM

Your posts are very bigoted.
Aerolor
Chatterbox
UK
Aerolor is female  Aerolor has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-11-2012, 08:45 PM

Oh come on!!!
I don't agree with a lot of Uncle Joe's sentiments and I think where political views are concerned we all have our own beliefs and opinions which we are entitled to hold and express. IMO in that respect politics and the politicians are fair game. I have never noticed Uncle Joe's posts to be racist. Strong opinions he has and I believe he is a champion of the underdog and working man as well as an idealist. A lot of his posts are accompanied by quite a degree of humour which makes me smile and I would not use the words racist or bigot to describe Uncle Joe.
Barry
Chatterbox
North Notts
Barry is male  Barry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-11-2012, 08:52 PM

I think we have gone far enough down this road, so can we please get back to the subject of the Archbishop of Canterbury?

Much appreciated folks...
Hu99
Vancouver, BC, Canada
Hu99 is male  Hu99 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-11-2012, 04:05 AM

But you have enough time to post your knee-jerk left-wing responses.
Aerolor
Chatterbox
UK
Aerolor is female  Aerolor has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-11-2012, 12:02 PM

Originally Posted by Hu99 ->
Would you care to explain Hu99 why you hold the opinion that Sentamu should not have been allowed to reach the position of Archbishop of York. I don't think the post of Archbishop of Canterbury is a role that can be "laid claim to" either, so I would welcome your response ?
Uncle Joe
Chatterbox
Brighton UK
Uncle Joe is male  Uncle Joe has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-11-2012, 02:19 PM

Originally Posted by Aerolor ->
Would you care to explain Hu99 why you hold the opinion that Sentamu should not have been allowed to reach the position of Archbishop of York. I don't think the post of Archbishop of Canterbury is a role that can be "laid claim to" either, so I would welcome your response ?
Don't bother Rena darlin' - he's a Fascist and beneath contempt!!!

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top