Join for free
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 > Last »
Janela
Fondly Remembered
Essex UK
Janela is female  Janela has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-11-2012, 01:57 PM

Are women worse drivers than men?

Under younger circumstances, this question could be quite controversial.
But I think on this forum, all of us being of a certain age it would be interesting.

My opinion?......No way are women worse. Probably much better. I think women might have small 'knocks' but men have more 'accidents'.
Men might say they have more accidents because they drive more - shouldn't they then be more skillful drivers?

Drivers age must make a difference too. Studies suggest that young male drivers have far more crashes than young female drivers - young men think they are invincible and are too willing to take chances.
And men think they are never wrong!

Insurance companies see women as a safer risk - women's insurance is cheaper.
anniemuldoon
N Cumbria
anniemuldoon is female  anniemuldoon has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-11-2012, 05:22 PM

Re: Are women worse drivers than men?

Absolute rubbish.Women are far superior to men in everyway and we all say so... many times...women dont shout obscenities out of the window at inferior drivers...they wait their chance and cut them up...also women are more sensetive( and some are bad spellers) and wouldnt hurt any one... except if they were asking for it.
Janela
Fondly Remembered
Essex UK
Janela is female  Janela has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-11-2012, 06:08 PM

Amazingly accurate, as usual annie.
Barry
Chatterbox
North Notts
Barry is male  Barry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-11-2012, 07:15 PM

I don't think I will join in this conversation, with discretion being the better part of valour methinks.

P.S. Enjoy comparing your superiority ladies...until you have to reverse park that is...
Janela
Fondly Remembered
Essex UK

14-11-2012, 07:44 PM

Sorry to hear you haven't the confidence to join in Barry.

My reversing is equal to the best of men and better than the majority.
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-11-2012, 07:50 PM

I think it depends, there are good and bad drivers in both sexes although I think women are more considerate and careful when driving .

I am rapidly moving into the 'bad driver' category because I rarely drive these days and I believe constant practice is required to keep a drivers skills sharp.
anniemuldoon
N Cumbria
anniemuldoon is female  anniemuldoon has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-11-2012, 08:07 PM

I dont drive, I asked my Dad to teach me but he refused, I asked my husband to teach me but he refused as well,I wonder why.
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-11-2012, 08:07 PM

I don't drive at all ...... but I'm an excellent backseat driver!
Barry
Chatterbox
North Notts
Barry is male  Barry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-11-2012, 08:12 PM

Originally Posted by Janela ->

My reversing is equal to the best of men and better than the majority.
I believe you Jan, but if we are being serious then I think you are the exception rather than the rule. Like Meg says, there are good and bad in both sexes so it's hard to generalise. My wife is an excellent driver as well, although I sometimes have to give her directions on how to get out of the car park....
Alan Cooke
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire, UK
Alan Cooke is male  Alan Cooke has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-11-2012, 08:20 PM

Sheila is far better than I am at everything...........that's why I let her do everything !

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top