Join for free
Page 5 of 5 « First < 3 4 5
hazel
Lancashire U.K.
hazel is female  hazel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-11-2012, 10:11 AM

Re: Are women worse drivers than men?

you stipulated 1 in 5 hill Porlock is nowhere near me (that's actually 1 in 4, Gt.Budworth also and that's in Cheshire). Thanks for your attempted assistance but I have to point out my friend's Merc has no hand brake and you did not point out if I turn ignition too far steering lock will come on. I know this cos my Dad did it, I never did, mainly cos my car at the time was too old for steering lock. Thanks for your assistance though, it was as I imagined you would do. do you know any racing drivers cos I know one, drives a Ferrari in Australia and he owns it, I know another in Cheshire who owns but does not race one. In Knutsford there's also a McLaren showroom not 1/2 ml from Rolls and Bentley showrooms Just thought I'd throw them in I know they're not connected to topic but neither really is racing.
Lynne55
Lancs.
Lynne55 is female  Lynne55 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-11-2012, 06:06 PM

I don't drive but hubby is a very good one. He used to be a HGV driver so out on the road all day. My Mum used to say she would let him drive her round the world but she hated getting in the car with my Dad they used to have a caravan in Wales abt 30 years ago & when they went up there she used to sit in the back with a bottle of Sherry . She was that blotto by the time they got there she couldn't have cared less if they had an accident - although he never did in all the time he drove.
Antibrown
Cumbria UK
Antibrown is male  Antibrown has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-11-2012, 08:08 AM

Hazel I have met a few racing drivers when I was learning to drive racing cars, but I would not call it knowing them.

As for the ignition lock, they work differently on most cars so that is why I said turn off the ignition not the electrics.

There are lots of hills around Lancashire, that is where I started my driving but I was taught most of it by an ambulance driver and many times we used the skidpan at Preston, I do not think it is still there though.

Page 5 of 5 « First < 3 4 5

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top