Join for free
Bruce
Chatterbox
Wollongong, Australia
Bruce is male  Bruce has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-11-2012, 10:01 PM

Bloody right mate!

Hurling abuse wasn't the problem for Petra Mills. But a court ruled that calling her New Zealand neighbour an Australian was racist and against the law.

Czech-born Mills, 31, has been found guilty of racially aggravated public disorder after a rant at her New Zealand-born neighbour in Macclesfield, south of Manchester.

Read more: http://www.smh.com.au/world/dont-call-me-an-australian-women-guilty-of-racism-over-verbal-attack-on-kiwi-neighbour-20121122-29r2z.html#ixzz2CtQ4c9Av

Jem
Chatterbox
Dublin
Jem is male  Jem has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-11-2012, 12:10 AM

Re: Bloody right mate!

That is political correctness gone overboard, it was bound to happen soon enough. Am I reading this report right?, no I can't be. It is racist and illegal to call someone Australian in New Zealand? what next?, is it illegal to write "Australian" on a piece of paper and post it of hand it to someone?, I'm dumbfounded Bruce, I really am, I always thought the two Countries were the best of friends. I think your having us on mate.
Like the song.
Bruce
Chatterbox
Wollongong, Australia
Bruce is male  Bruce has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-11-2012, 06:10 AM

It has nothing to do with political correctness, it is sheer ignorance or sheer stupidity. How can you have have racism between people of the same race? the 'offence' is xenophobia.

You have to question the British legal system when it can't tell the difference between the two.
BowieEyes
Nottinghamshire, UK
BowieEyes is female  BowieEyes has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-11-2012, 10:46 AM

How is a woman born in Czechloslovakia supposed to know the difference between a Aussie and a Kiwi. Similar accents if you dont hear it everyday.
Does this mean we now have to class everyone as being English if you live in England. Ridiculous.
Aerolor
Chatterbox
UK
Aerolor is female  Aerolor has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-11-2012, 03:00 PM

The last bit of the report amused me - Petra Mills is moving/has moved to Scotland. So get ready all you Scottish folks.
Jem
Chatterbox
Dublin
Jem is male  Jem has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-11-2012, 03:13 PM

Originally Posted by Aerolor ->
The last bit of the report amused me - Petra Mills is moving/has moved to Scotland. So get ready all you Scottish folks.
How dare you insult my Celtic cousins you...you...you...ENGLISH!, there. "She made me say it your Honour"
Aerolor
Chatterbox
UK
Aerolor is female  Aerolor has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-11-2012, 03:18 PM

Originally Posted by Jem ->
How dare you insult my Celtic cousins you...you...you...ENGLISH!, there. "She made me say it your Honour"
What a nice compliment Jem. Top o' the mornin' to ya.
Bruce
Chatterbox
Wollongong, Australia

23-11-2012, 12:02 AM

Originally Posted by BowieEyes ->
How is a woman born in Czechloslovakia supposed to know the difference between a Aussie and a Kiwi. Similar accents if you dont hear it everyday.
Wash ya mouth out. They are chalk and cheese

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top