Join for free
ukmartian
Ipswich uk
ukmartian is male  ukmartian has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-11-2012, 09:02 PM

will it do any good ?...i dont reckon

I just sent Ian Duncan Smith a stinker of a E Mail about the treatment of my disabled son ....i have accused the @@###@ of MUGGING him ....to put it bluntly his reforms to the benefits system are KILLING him
hazel
Lancashire U.K.
hazel is female  hazel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-11-2012, 09:08 PM

Re: will it do any good ?...i dont reckon

what's happened??
ukmartian
Ipswich uk
ukmartian is male  ukmartian has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-11-2012, 09:54 PM

My son has cystic fibrosis....he worked 20 hours a week and with benefits he could live with his partner and (step) daughter ...when Mr IDS changed the benefits he lost all his help as he can only do so much .....now he has had to up his hours to pay the bills and make up for his lost income he is worse off in real terms , but the biggest impact is on his health...it is rapidly declining ...his lung function has fell from 90% to less than 60% since he was forced to work the extra hours and his weight fell to about 8 stone...He is now in hospital (nearly 60 miles away from home) having intensive intravenous antibiotics and physiotherapy ...it seems to much of a coincidence that the decline started when they stopped his benefits ...this government has got a lot to answer for ....

But at the moment we dont know what is going to happen ...he was meant to be in hospital 3 weeks 2 if things go well we are hoping that the damage isn't permanent and his lungs will recover when they get the infections under control ...but now they are talking about 4 weeks ...we just want him out by Xmas..He has got to learn to look after himself better now he hopefully learnt that he aint invulnerable
Alan Cooke
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire, UK
Alan Cooke is male  Alan Cooke has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-11-2012, 10:46 PM

Hi Steve, this demonstrates the unacceptable face of Toryism.
Antibrown
Cumbria UK
Antibrown is male  Antibrown has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-11-2012, 07:57 AM

I am sorry for your sonebut please Do not blame this government, it was Labour who got us into a debt crisis that can only be resolved with a lot of cut backs that will take generations to clear.

Never vote the lying B*"****$ back into parliament.
BowieEyes
Nottinghamshire, UK
BowieEyes is female  BowieEyes has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-11-2012, 09:42 AM

It shouldnt matter what Government is the cause, its a bad decision and people are suffering. Sorry to hear about your son UK Martian.
Surely your son can now be reassessed again, as this has happened.
He was judged health wise on his original condition so now its changed
a new assessment should take place?
I think the original idea of it all was to get rid of the work places for the disabled as they said it was costing too much money? I would have thought so does a 4 week stay in hospital. Its just money shifting from one department to another isnt it???? Bad decisions
ukmartian
Ipswich uk

27-11-2012, 11:20 AM

Originally Posted by Antibrown ->
Do not blame this government, it was Labour who got us into a debt crisis that can only be resolved with a lot of cut backs that will take generations to clear.

Never vote the lying B*"****$ back into parliament.
Dear antibrown .....I used to say that about Labour when the Con artists and scameron got into power ...Yes it was Labour who dug the Hole and yes it is the conservatives who have to get us out of it , But for christ sake you dont cut your leg off if you got a ingrowing Toe Nail ...the treatment not only being over dramatic cost more ....If my son had been left his housing benefit and tax credits he would HAVE his quality of life and would not know be taking up a hospital bed on expensive drugs and using up other precious resources ...A whole family would not be cut up with worry...I blame Iain Duncan Smith on this as he is a BULLY the definition being “A person who uses strength or power to harm or intimidate those who are weaker”, .....Now it easy to lay blame you may say ,,,but i lay the blame squarely on his shoulders ...that man has no scruples or conscience ....as i said to my MP i may only be 1 voice but I WILL make myself ..bleep heard ....

ps watch this video and you will see exactly who we are dealing with

http://youtu.be/ec3wJlHtVMM

http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/news/po...duncan-1453863

As you can see this man is a power hungry idealistic moron with no conscience
I am sorry if i offend but the more I look into this and the Longer i write the more angry I get after all it isn't Money we are dealing with , it peoples lives ....sorry i now gotta scrape some petrol together for another 110 ml round trip to see him ...
MickB
London UK
MickB is male  MickB has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-11-2012, 01:23 PM

To be honest, you would be hard-pressed to get a fag paper between Labour, Tory or Lib-Dem on any issue which actually matters. They are all power hungry scum intent on achieving and maintaining power at all costs for the benefit of their corporate masters and the EU bureaucrats they love so dearly.
Why are they targeting disabled people (and don't forget the Tory led coalition is simply implementing and extending New Labour's policies)? Because they are seen as an easy target. Even the DWP itself admits that disability benefit is the least defrauded benefit of all, with only an estimate of 0.5% of claims being fraudulent. But, instead of going after the tiny minority of fraudsters, the government(s) have attacked all disabled people.
My wife gets the "care" dimension of her disability benefit as there are numerous things she cannot do without my help and support (her main disability is severe osteo-arthritis, but she has a long list of other long-term ailments which adversely affect her quality of life. She has recently been asked to reapply for this element of her benefit and, according to the leaflet which accompanied the form, unless she is limbless, blind or insane, it is unlikely that it will be renewed. The fact that she can't walk, can't safely cook a meal, and is on medication which causes her to fall asleep at any moment (leading to dangerous situations unless I am with her 24/7) just doesn't cut it apparently. We await the results of the application with trepidation.

Mick
Antibrown
Cumbria UK
Antibrown is male  Antibrown has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-11-2012, 09:38 AM

Originally Posted by ukmartian ->
Dear antibrown .....I used to say that about Labour when the Con artists and scameron got into power ...Yes it was Labour who dug the Hole and yes it is the conservatives who have to get us out of it , But for christ sake you dont cut your leg off if you got a ingrowing Toe Nail ...the treatment not only being over dramatic cost more ....If my son had been left his housing benefit and tax credits he would HAVE his quality of life and would not know be taking up a hospital bed on expensive drugs and using up other precious resources ...A whole family would not be cut up with worry...I blame Iain Duncan Smith on this as he is a BULLY the definition being “A person who uses strength or power to harm or intimidate those who are weaker”, .....Now it easy to lay blame you may say ,,,but i lay the blame squarely on his shoulders ...that man has no scruples or conscience ....as i said to my MP i may only be 1 voice but I WILL make myself ..bleep heard ....

ps watch this video and you will see exactly who we are dealing with

http://youtu.be/ec3wJlHtVMM

http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/news/po...duncan-1453863

As you can see this man is a power hungry idealistic moron with no conscience
I am sorry if i offend but the more I look into this and the Longer i write the more angry I get after all it isn't Money we are dealing with , it peoples lives ....sorry i now gotta scrape some petrol together for another 110 ml round trip to see him ...
It is all to easy blaming someone for this that and the other but had it not been for Labours diregard for the people of this country these cuts would most likely not need to be made.
All politicians can be called all the names under the sun but it does not take away the real reason for any cuts, ie, Labour and their lying to the electorate of this country with promises that they knew could not be kept.
You can not spend money that you have not got.

If you have a credit card (I dont) then when it is full to the top you have to stop spending and makes cuts somewhere before you can get you back into credit.

Anyone who voted for Labour only have themselves to blame.

As for IDS then show me a politician and I will show you an IDS, a bully and a liar.

I know that you feel angry and resentment, I probably would in your shoes, but do not blame this government, blame Labour and the Unions for the state that Britain is in.
ukmartian
Ipswich uk

28-11-2012, 11:05 AM

Originally Posted by Antibrown ->
I

Anyone who voted for Labour only have themselves to blame.

Hi Anti brown..I can see that you are a Conservative supporter, but that is you prerogative. I never have voted Labour, ever, I have Voted Conservative for almost 40 years, including last time. The point I am making is that the conservative have got it all wrong. I know cuts have to be made. But the cuts being made are ruthless to the people who need the help most...yes there are scroungers , liars and cheats out there who need jumping on, but the people in genuine need are being made to suffer ...so what has the government done ...they have moved the goalposts and cut benefits. IE changed the number of hours you need to work to get Tax credits cut direct benefits ...a lot of people just couldn't get more hours so in real terms they lost income..A lot of companies do what is called 'JOB SHARE' that means they fill a 40 hour post with 2 x 20hr employees ? why cos it is cheaper for the company.
I do believe the government changed the lower rate of income tax for the very low paid and raised it from 10p in the pound to 20p ....also I read they (ATOS) who assessed the disabled and have deemed Some disabled people fit for work where in fact given a target to reach along with the Job Centres who where also given targets on sanctioning people ...a lot of people who have been affected by welfare cuts are already at rock bottom ..why has the suicide rate increased , why are they more homeless on the streets why have the number of food banks increased, these are the RESULTS of these cuts proving that the policies are seriously floored...
I think the Government need to address the other side of the coin ....stop throwing money away on the EU stop giving money to worthless causes abroad, make sure that the tax loop holes are sealed IE Starbucks, Amazon and Google who pay little or no Tax ...why CUT the Tax rate for the wealthiest ....we are always being told to look at the bigger picture...and i can see that there are 2 laws ...I for the rich and 1 for the poor with the poor getting the short straw, I have yet to hear a millionaire complain ....This debate could go on for a long time, and i am afraid that my grammar is not up to the standard of some ...so i will cut it short today ..LOL
PS i have several actual experiences of the unfair treatment of the people i am talking about...INCLUDING myself....

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top