Join for free
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
Cookiecate
Chatterbox
Blackpool
Cookiecate is female  Cookiecate has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-11-2012, 01:36 PM

Important Please read

http://you.38degrees.org.uk/p/danny-nightingale

Just received an email from Sally Nightingale, Danny Nightingale's wife asking for a few more signatures to the petition that she will be handing in to the Court on Thursday when the appeal for Danny's release is heard.
The crucial issue is whether keeping Danny in jail is in the publics interest so a petition signed by many thousands of people will be vital.

Already 70,000 have signed the petition but Sally and 38degrees are hoping for 100,000.

For anyone who maynot know who Danny Nightingale is then this is a brief background of what happened leading to his being imprisoned for 18 months for having a pistol in his possession.

It was only because of a string of tragedies that the pistol ended up in Danny’s house at all. He was given it as a gift from some Iraqi troops he had been training and planned to donate it to his regiment as a war trophy. But before he could, he was suddenly called back to the UK to arrange the funerals of two of his closest friends.

Shortly after, Danny suffered severe memory damage after collapsing and falling into a coma while taking part in a charity fundraising trek.

His colleagues shipped his army kit, including the pistol, back to the UK in locked boxes which remained unopened and forgotten at Danny’s house for another three years. It was only after police searched his house following a complaint against his housemate that the pistol was found and he was charged with illegal possession of a weapon.

Expert witnesses at Danny’s trial said that he “probably had no recollection that he had the gun” because of his memory loss. But their testimony was ignored - and now Danny is behind bars and his wife and children face being evicted from their home.

Thank you for taking time to read this.
MickB
London UK
MickB is male  MickB has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-11-2012, 01:40 PM

Re: Important Please read

Signed!
Cookiecate
Chatterbox
Blackpool
Cookiecate is female  Cookiecate has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-11-2012, 01:46 PM

Thanks Mick, I do hope that this guy gets some justice and comes home to his wife. His pay has been stopped so his wife and children are suffering more than just the loss of him.
Barry
Chatterbox
North Notts
Barry is male  Barry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-11-2012, 03:46 PM

I've signed too Cate, I've been a member of 38degrees for a while, they do a lot of valuable work...
Cookiecate
Chatterbox
Blackpool

27-11-2012, 04:03 PM

Indeed they do plantman, they bring issues to the fore that might be missed. I have given up reading newspapers as I rarely know who they are talking about. I watch the news on TV sometimes but again I don't always feel that what they talk about is relevant to me.
Alan Cooke
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire, UK
Alan Cooke is male  Alan Cooke has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-11-2012, 04:38 PM

Signed Cate.
Uncle Joe
Chatterbox
Brighton UK
Uncle Joe is male  Uncle Joe has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-11-2012, 05:14 PM

Signed this petition some time ago Cate darlin'.
Brandykins
Fondly Remembered
near Glasgow Scotland
Brandykins is female  Brandykins has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-11-2012, 05:43 PM

Thank you for sharing that and I sincerely hope he is released. It is ridiculous to think one of our heroes has been treated like a common criminal, when common criminals go free and get paid for it into the bargain.

I signed it and shared it on Facebook.

Please do keep updates coming.

Take care x
Cookiecate
Chatterbox
Blackpool

27-11-2012, 08:10 PM

You really are a lovely lot !!!!!!!! I have also posted on Facebook and lets hope the signing continues everywhere and on Thursday, Danny Nightingale can go home with his family.
Cookiecate
Chatterbox
Blackpool

27-11-2012, 08:14 PM

When I posted this thread this afternoon 70,000 people had signed now it is 85,000 . Can't see to write anymore eyes all blurry

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top