Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-04-2021, 12:58 PM

Adjusting to change

Hi

How life changes.

Adjusting to health issues has been difficult, I am an independent sort of person.

I am also a Northerner who does not like spending money on that I consider to be a waste of it.

So, things had to change.

I will not get better, no more surgery, just medical management.

The Drugs have side effects, which also have to be factored in.

I am basically housebound for 4 hours a day, I can vary the times of being housebound during the day by a few hours, but not by much.

I am also self funding, not entitled to any money for care.

As from next week I will have two new helpers in addition to Sabina, she cannot provide the hours I need.

This means that for 5 days a week I can be out and about, walking, getting my exercise, shopping and eating out.

It is all about putting more life into your days, not days into your life.

I am paying them direct, not through an agency, much cheaper.

I am looking forward to it.
Pixie Knuckles
Chatterbox
Scotland, UK
Pixie Knuckles is female  Pixie Knuckles has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-04-2021, 01:03 PM

Re: Adjusting to change

Gosh Swimmy, that sounds so very organised and quite fun! You are correct about the putting more life into your days, bit. Not enough folk do that and they are younger than any of us! I hope your new helpers work out for you!
Minx
Chatterbox
South Africa
Minx is female  Minx has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-04-2021, 09:02 PM

Enjoy in moderation
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-04-2021, 10:20 PM

Swimmy, Aren't you are entitled to Attendance Allowance?
Have you ever applied for it? You have people who help you, like the pretendie’s mum and your neighbours.
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-04-2021, 11:13 PM

I bet your new helpers are pretty blondes, Swimmy!
Bruce
Chatterbox
Wollongong, Australia
Bruce is male  Bruce has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-04-2021, 03:33 AM

I must admit that the only time I have had real trouble adjusting to change was when the borders closed and the first "Stay at home" lockdown orders were issued just over a year ago.

Thank goodness they didn't last too long but I found it far more stressful than divorce, redundancy and other momentous life changes combined. I had never been stuck at home before even the recovery from major back surgery seemed tame in comparison.

The International borders are still shut but the state borders are open.
realspeed
Chatterbox
South coast
realspeed is male  realspeed has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-04-2021, 07:28 AM

Looks like the UK is putting more on the red "no go" list for travel abroad. Who really wants to have a stay at home holiday when there is so much in the world to see?
Zaphod
Lincs UK
Zaphod is male  Zaphod has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-04-2021, 08:23 AM

Originally Posted by realspeed ->
Looks like the UK is putting more on the red "no go" list for travel abroad. Who really wants to have a stay at home holiday when there is so much in the world to see?
The world isn't going anywhere so it's not going to be too big a deal to wait for another year for the dust to settle and see how this virus & whatever mutations arise is being kept under control or not, surely?
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-04-2021, 02:17 PM

Originally Posted by Silver Tabby ->
I bet your new helpers are pretty blondes, Swimmy!
Hi

First one arrived today for 4 hours work.

She is neither slim , blonde or young.

In her 50's and a real worker

Very knowledgeable as well.

We will get on well, she has a sense of humour and an eye for design.

She is also Scottish and as blunt as they come.

I am happy.

Now waiting to see how the other one is.
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire

28-04-2021, 06:48 PM

Hi

The second one arrived today, a small blonde staff nurse in her 50s.

Well organised , quite chatty and very energetic.

She has a healthy disregard for men.

I now have a written .exercise regime

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top