Join for free
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
Tedc
Berkshire, UK
Tedc is male  Tedc has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-04-2021, 05:28 PM

Omron Blood Pressure Checks

How many home Blood Pressure Checks do you do before you accept the result?

My new device seems to change every time I press the button!
Primus1
York
Primus1 is male  Primus1 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-04-2021, 05:56 PM

Re: Omron Blood Pressure Checks

When I was checking my blood pressure, trying to find out why I was getting a lot of headaches, the nurse took a best of three, but over a month she added up both figures separately and took the average ...
Pixie Knuckles
Chatterbox
Scotland, UK
Pixie Knuckles is female  Pixie Knuckles has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-04-2021, 06:00 PM

Mr P does his 3 times, and takes the average. It does seem to settle after the 2nd or 3rd time (probably because he is away from his work desk)
Aerolor
Chatterbox
UK
Aerolor is female  Aerolor has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-04-2021, 06:29 PM

I do my blood pressure 3 times and take the average. My Omron does vary a bit, but I think that by taking the average of three it won't be far out. Blood pressure varies throughout the day anyway.
Judd
Chatterbox
West Riding of Yorkshire
Judd is male  Judd has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-04-2021, 06:56 PM

I do mine three times. The first reading is usually elevated because of the stress caused by trying to put the bleedin cuff on. I take the less severe (usually 3rd reading) because by that time, I'm more relaxed.
d00d
Chatterbox
London, UK
d00d is male  d00d has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-04-2021, 07:01 PM

Originally Posted by Judd ->
I do mine three times. The first reading is usually elevated because of the stress caused by trying to put the bleedin cuff on. I take the less severe (usually 3rd reading) because by that time, I'm more relaxed.
... same here.

Tedc, there ought to be some consistency: getting lower, more settled.

My target is 120 over 80

or there abouts

There should be that kind of gap between the high low reading.
Tedc
Berkshire, UK
Tedc is male  Tedc has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-04-2021, 08:09 PM

Thank you all for your replies.

Will give it a go tomorrow.
Right Now
upstate New York US
Right Now is female  Right Now has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-04-2021, 08:32 PM

Before you take a reading, sit comfortably for about 5 minutes. Your blood pressure when standing will be higher, so relax a few minutes and give your body a chance to acclimate to sitting. You will get a more accurate reading, even if you take it 3 times.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-04-2021, 10:36 PM

As most of you seem to be taking your BP three times, how long an interval do you leave it between each test?

I ask, because from memory, the instructions with my old one said to said much like RightNow said above.
Sit quietly for a few minutes first. Feet on floor, don't chat, and then inflate the cuff.
If you want to re-take it, leave at least 5 minutes intervals between checks.
Minx
Chatterbox
South Africa
Minx is female  Minx has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-04-2021, 10:56 PM

Originally Posted by Tedc ->
How many home Blood Pressure Checks do you do before you accept the result?

My new device seems to change every time I press the button!
I don’t put much faith in it. I bought two different types of machines and both of them give me different readings

But I’ll give the 3 readings a try!

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top