Join for free
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-05-2021, 11:12 AM

Covid Unlocked

Definitely worth watching.....

Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-05-2021, 11:48 AM

Re: Covid Unlocked

Hi Bob thanks ,I will watch it later and cross post the link with my Health Support group if that is ok .

I watch all the daily postings on Dr John Campbell's channel, he analyses the daily information and data and discusses it in an easy to follow format.
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCF9...xg3QIBupFtBDxg

Looking at yesterdays posting on his channel it seems from analysing blood samples that C19 was first transported to Italy in August of 2019. That fits with the people I know who seemed to have the virus long before it was officially announced.
Zaphod
Lincs UK
Zaphod is male  Zaphod has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-05-2021, 12:10 PM

Originally Posted by Meg ->
Hi Bob thanks ,I will watch it later and cross post the link with my Health Support group if that is ok .

I watch all the daily postings on Dr John Campbell's channel, he analyses the daily information and data and discusses it in an easy to follow format.

Looking at yesterdays posting on his channel it seems from analysing blood samples that C19 was first transported to Italy in August of 2019. That fits with the people I know who seemed to have the virus long before it was officially announced.
Thanks to both of you for the links which I will try to watch later on.

Meg, there are lots of people including myself and direct family that said the virus was about over Christmas 2019 here in the UK because the symptoms we now know as Covid-indicative were exactly what we were going through.
When Mrs Zaphod had a test which showed she had indeed been exposed to the virus despite having no symptoms other that those at Christmas 2019 it only increased our suspicion.

It's very interesting stuff.
Not only is it interesting but it suggests that locking down earlier is unlikely to have made much difference because the darned virus was already here and speading.

Thanks again though to both of you for the links.
Lion Queen
Chatterbox
UK
Lion Queen is female  Lion Queen has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-05-2021, 12:25 PM

My friend died in October 2019 and I often do wonder if it was Covid she died of as she was desperately struggling for breath, they put it down to pneumonia at the time but it does make one wonder.

Also 2 of my colleagues (we work in different offices) were seriously poorly with flu and continuous cough yet the 3rd man who worked in the same office didn't get it, I wonder if he was asymptomatic, who knows.
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-05-2021, 12:48 PM

Originally Posted by Zaphod ->
Thanks to both of you for the links which I will try to watch later on.

Meg, there are lots of people including myself and direct family that said the virus was about over Christmas 2019 here in the UK because the symptoms we now know as Covid-indicative were exactly what we were going through.
When Mrs Zaphod had a test which showed she had indeed been exposed to the virus despite having no symptoms other that those at Christmas 2019 it only increased our suspicion.

It's very interesting stuff.
Not only is it interesting but it suggests that locking down earlier is unlikely to have made much difference because the darned virus was already here and speading.

Thanks again though to both of you for the links.
Originally Posted by Lion Queen ->
My friend died in October 2019 and I often do wonder if it was Covid she died of as she was desperately struggling for breath, they put it down to pneumonia at the time but it does make one wonder.

Also 2 of my colleagues (we work in different offices) were seriously poorly with flu and continuous cough yet the 3rd man who worked in the same office didn't get it, I wonder if he was asymptomatic, who knows.
Hi both , LQ it is sad to read about your friend who may well have been misdiagnosed.

Interesting to read about the satellite data of increased hospital traffic in Wuhan in late 2019 .
Earlier information might have helped prevent many deaths..
Zaphod
Lincs UK
Zaphod is male  Zaphod has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-05-2021, 01:55 PM

I've been watching Dr John Lee.

While he indeed gives us a lot to think about there's an awful lot of supposition involved together with a fair bit that isn't either strictly-speaking correct or completely accurate.
I think that the truth (if there is any such thing as far is this pandemic is concerned) is somewhere in the between the opinionizing of Dr Lee and of the actions of different governments around the world.

IMHO the most obvious difference is that governments with their politicians are more vulnerable to being blamed for errors when their actions are seen as insufficient and having their careers destroyed than a retired doctor is.
Look at the ongoing attempts by some in these very forums to blame Boris for the number of UK covid-related deaths for example.

But some of it is as I said very worthy of consideration, one example being the wearing of facial coverings which I myself questioned long ago.

No matter what anybody's opinions are surrounding how the pandemic has been handled the one thing which we here in the UK should be extremely grateful for is that the risk of infection and death has declined significantly, so we are all a little bit more safe than we were just a short time ago.

Whether or not it will stay that way only time will tell, just as only time will tell whether or not vaccination alone is enough to prevent a resurgence in infection and fatality rates.
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-05-2021, 09:10 PM

Good Evening Meg, I hope you found the vid of Doctor John Lee helpful. I thought he talked a lot of sense, however, I have been following Doctor Campbell and love his no nonsense approach, a very clever man, and I love his masked cat sat on his windowsill.....
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire

03-05-2021, 09:16 PM

Originally Posted by Zaphod ->
I've been watching Dr John Lee.

While he indeed gives us a lot to think about there's an awful lot of supposition involved together with a fair bit that isn't either strictly-speaking correct or completely accurate.
I think that the truth (if there is any such thing as far is this pandemic is concerned) is somewhere in the between the opinionizing of Dr Lee and of the actions of different governments around the world.

IMHO the most obvious difference is that governments with their politicians are more vulnerable to being blamed for errors when their actions are seen as insufficient and having their careers destroyed than a retired doctor is.
Look at the ongoing attempts by some in these very forums to blame Boris for the number of UK covid-related deaths for example.

But some of it is as I said very worthy of consideration, one example being the wearing of facial coverings which I myself questioned long ago.

No matter what anybody's opinions are surrounding how the pandemic has been handled the one thing which we here in the UK should be extremely grateful for is that the risk of infection and death has declined significantly, so we are all a little bit more safe than we were just a short time ago.

Whether or not it will stay that way only time will tell, just as only time will tell whether or not vaccination alone is enough to prevent a resurgence in infection and fatality rates.
Thanks Zaphod, I'm glad you found the vid food for thought. I tend to agree with you about the truth being in there somewhere. However, I do find it reassuring and confidence building wearing a mask in shops, whether it does any good or not I don't know, but will continue to wear it anyway...
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire

03-05-2021, 09:22 PM

Originally Posted by Lion Queen ->

I think you may be right about covid being present before it was publicised Lion Queen, In December 2019 and Early January 2020 we were on a New Year Cruise to Belgium and Holland. Our friends boyfriend, a big strapping window cleaner was very poorly with what seemed like Flu. He rarely suffered with colds due to working outside, but this was really getting him down, which we thought was odd. He did recover and none of us caught it, which was another surprise being as we spent a lot of time indoors with him. We often wonder now if it was indeed the first signs of the covid epidemic.
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-05-2021, 09:29 PM

Hi

We have a long way to go yet to identity the source and the timescale.

We are still arguing about HIV all these years later.

For many years we had patient Zero, a Norwegian Seaman.

We now know this is wrong.

Science does not have instant answers.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top