Join for free
Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3
Omah
Chatterbox
Ludlow
Omah is male  Omah has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-05-2021, 10:38 AM

Re: Covid Unlocked

Originally Posted by AnnieS ->
This is the original report. I'm not sure it's peer reviewed. But it does underline the importance of people continuing to isolate & being careful after the first dose.

https://assets.publishing.service.go...ion_Apr_21.pdf
Indeed:

Summary (extracts):

Most vaccinated hospitalised patients were infected shortly before or around the time of vaccination, and others after vaccination but before immunity had developed (immunisation) [high confidence]
Important caveats

We do not have all hospitalised patients in our cohort, and vaccinated patients may be overrepresented given our recruitment strategy. Absolute numbers of vaccinated patients admitted to hospital are very low. We have not yet performed analyses accounting for other patient characteristics such as sex and ethnicity, so vaccinated patients may be systematically different (and frailer) from vaccinated patients.
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-05-2021, 10:50 AM

re your first para this result is not included in the 500 hospitalisations figure. There were about 3836 or thereabouts in total hospitalised but they had clearly gotten infected within 3 weeks of vaccination. The 500 is the "clean" data where patients have become sick after more than 3 weeks after the vaccine.
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-05-2021, 02:00 PM

Did you see my comments on this SAGE research OGF? It's after one dose out of 52k or 56k of people vaccinated with one dose during a time when infections were peaking. 113 died. It was measured since the start of vaccination in Dec.

That doesn't demonstrate that efficacy of the vaccination programme at reducing deaths is poor. They will have to see what happens after two doses when the infection rates go right down. Firstly lots and lots have been exposed to the virus, secondly millions have now been vaccinated.

I have a very strong belief that the vaccine will help us get right back to normal. I may have had a very bad reaction but looking at the evidence vaccination works.
Good heavens Annie, it's only been a few months that everyone has been having the vaccine. No doubt the vaccine would have been tested for that long before it was unleashed on to the general public. It's the long term issues that I'm more concerned about...
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-05-2021, 02:03 PM

And like Doctor John Lee has pointed out (as well as me in earlier posts) why are they showing us rolling totals? Lumping two winters figures together? No other viral figures have been posted this way in previous years....Why would they do that........Unless.....
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-05-2021, 02:06 PM

Originally Posted by OldGreyFox ->
And like Doctor John Lee has pointed out (as well as me in earlier posts) why are they showing us rolling totals? Lumping two winters figures together? No other viral figures have been posted this way in previous years....Why would they do that........Unless.....
Statistics aren't one of Dr Lee's strong points.
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire

04-05-2021, 02:22 PM

Statistics aren't one of Dr Lee's strong points.
They're not when they don't agree with you statistics Annie...
How come you listen to some doctors advice and not others. Are you getting a little bit selective....
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom

04-05-2021, 02:29 PM

Originally Posted by OldGreyFox ->
They're not when they don't agree with you statistics Annie...
How come you listen to some doctors advice and not others. Are you getting a little bit selective....
Statistics should be left to statisticians.

Oh I do listen to all doctors OGF. Unfortunately some doctors don't listen to their patients. Their hearing is selective.

Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top