Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Omah
Chatterbox
Ludlow
Omah is male  Omah has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-05-2021, 04:59 PM

Boris Johnson says there is a 'good chance' social distancing scrapped next month

https://news.sky.com/story/covid-19-...month-12294061

During a campaign visit in Hartlepool, the prime minister told reporters: "I think we've got a good chance, a good chance, of being able to dispense with one-metre plus."

He stressed the move would be "dependent on the data" and "we can't say it categorically yet", but added: "That's what it feels like to me right now."

Under the government's roadmap for easing COVID-19 restrictions, 21 June is the date on which all legal limits on social contact are set to be removed.

But there have been suggestions that some separate measures - like mask wearing - could continue beyond that point.

The government's roadmap for relaxing coronavirus rules acknowledges that social distancing is "difficult and damaging for businesses and, as a result, it is important to return to as near to normal as quickly as possible".

It adds: "Ahead of Step 4 [21 June], as more is understood about the impact of vaccines on transmission and a far greater proportion of the population has been vaccinated, the government will complete a review of social distancing measures and other long-term measures that have been put in place to limit transmission.
Vaccination may have, indeed, reduced the current risks of transmission and infection but, personally, I won't be mixing with strangers in crowded places any time soon .....
Pixie Knuckles
Chatterbox
Scotland, UK
Pixie Knuckles is female  Pixie Knuckles has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-05-2021, 05:04 PM

Re: Boris Johnson says there is a 'good chance' social distancing scrapped next month

Me neither...I quite enjoy social distancing!
Last Tango
North Ayrshire, Scotland
Last Tango is female  Last Tango has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-05-2021, 05:13 PM

Re: Boris Johnson says there is a 'good chance' social distancing scrapped next month

Ditto, Omah and PK!
Omah
Chatterbox
Ludlow
Omah is male  Omah has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-05-2021, 05:30 PM

Clubbing comes back: 'This is the best day of my life'

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/av/newsbeat-56951642

Sticky floors, queues for the loos, that sweaty smell and, inevitably, losing your phone.
Pixie Knuckles
Chatterbox
Scotland, UK
Pixie Knuckles is female  Pixie Knuckles has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-05-2021, 05:33 PM

Gives me the heebie jeebies that photo!!
Omah
Chatterbox
Ludlow

03-05-2021, 05:37 PM

Originally Posted by Pixie Knuckles ->
Gives me the heebie jeebies that photo!!
Me too .....

All those hot, sweaty bodies rubbing up against each other and exchanging body fluids .....
bret
australia - travelling from west to east?
bret is male 

04-05-2021, 07:52 AM

Looks like the only people really who want to do away with social distancing are the young who like drinking and dancing - the rest don't need that - social distancing should be allowed to slowly slowly dissipate - that will feel normal the rest is hyperbole with a political agenda
Pixie Knuckles
Chatterbox
Scotland, UK

04-05-2021, 07:58 AM

Originally Posted by bret ->
Looks like the only people really who want to do away with social distancing are the young who like drinking and dancing - the rest don't need that - social distancing should be allowed to slowly slowly dissipate - that will feel normal the rest is hyperbole with a political agenda
I agree, Bret, on all your points.
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-05-2021, 09:05 AM

People can do as they wish, I will continue to keep my distance from others for the foreseeable future .
MargaretF
Northamptonshire, UK
MargaretF is female  MargaretF has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-05-2021, 10:14 AM

Originally Posted by Meg ->
People can do as they wish, I will continue to keep my distance from others for the foreseeable future .
I will do the same Meg - I rather like having distance between myself and other people (family excepted of course).

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top