Join for free
Page 3 of 7 < 1 2 3 4 5 > Last »
Hu99
Vancouver, BC, Canada
Hu99 is male  Hu99 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-07-2012, 12:14 AM

Re: what have we learnt about life so far?

The older I get the only only impression of life is: "what was it all for?" But then then I never had children and I'm certain that life would have been more meaningful if I had.
mesco m
manchester
mesco m is female  mesco m has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-07-2012, 12:59 AM

That's a little sad Hu. But you can enjoy life without children.
I love my children but see little of them because of the lives they lead. Never the less we still enjoy life to the full.
Jonsey
South western France
Jonsey is male 

12-07-2012, 09:04 AM

I suppose it's what you want out of life that determines ones attitude towards it,

I have reached my seventies, (nearly 73), but thats just an age thing, my mind tells me I am still aware of my abilities, and there's not a great deal I can't do now that I didn't do as a youngster of fifty, only now its slower and infinately better.

One thing I didn't want to become, having seen so many around me become, and that was to turn into a "couch potato", mind blank --- eighteen hours of "soaps" per day, moaning about this and that, you know, all the Victor Meldrew things.

So, as Ive mentioned before on this forum, we sold up and moved to France, it was almost like being born again, everything was new to us, and six years later we are still "discovering" ourselves, life just couldn't be better ----- would I ever wish to be young again ------ NOT ON YOUR BLOOMIN NELLY
Wrinkly
Fondly Remembered
West Yorks.
Wrinkly is male  Wrinkly has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-07-2012, 10:27 AM

For once I agree with you Jonesy, at 74 I go and play table tennis and badminton, go on walks etc everyday of the week, taking up crown green bowling for the weekends.
I don't feel any older now than I did at 50, but unlike you because of the super NHS I am able to move a lot faster than I ever did.
Jonsey
South western France
Jonsey is male 

12-07-2012, 10:47 AM

Life in the old dog yet Wrinkly lololol
Gabi
Lancs,.
Gabi is female  Gabi has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-07-2012, 07:04 PM

Originally Posted by plantman ->
That's quite sad really Gabi, you must have had some pretty bad experiences to make you feel that way. Much like Meg, personally I like to give people that I don't know the benefit of the doubt, although I'm not that naive that I trust all strangers unconditionally....
No it's not sad!!!Plus I'v not had bad experiences only made to feel silly when I find out the lies I believed in.

I'm in the same frame of mind as Meg as to giving the benefit of the doubt now.
Barry
Chatterbox
North Notts
Barry is male  Barry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-07-2012, 07:40 PM

Originally Posted by Gabi ->
No it's not sad!!!Plus I'v not had bad experiences only made to feel silly when I find out the lies I believed in.

I'm in the same frame of mind as Meg as to giving the benefit of the doubt now.
My apologies Gabi, I meant no offence...
Just a Lady
New Member!
England, UK
Just a Lady is female 

13-07-2012, 10:41 PM

Originally Posted by Wrinkly ->
For once I agree with you Jonesy, at 74 I go and play table tennis and badminton, go on walks etc everyday of the week, taking up crown green bowling for the weekends.
I don't feel any older now than I did at 50, but unlike you because of the super NHS I am able to move a lot faster than I ever did.
You sound so positively active and full of the joy of living, I hope I can be like that in my seventies,Wrinkly!
Jonsey
South western France
Jonsey is male 

14-07-2012, 09:39 AM

To Just a lady,

Life in the 70s is fantastic, ( the age, not the era), its all in the mind. So many reach around seventy and they think basically their life is over, and that is a load of balderdash.

I "work" nearly as many hours now as I did when a youngster of fifty, a large garden --a large allotment , ---- I cycle a lot ---- belong to a few 'societies", the BIG difference being though, I can stop when I think ive done enough for the day,if I don't fancy doing it, i won't.

My brain, is still fairly sharp and my tolerance level is higher than it was when working, I weigh three pounds heavier than I did when joining the Air Force at eighteen, and I love life life, its gifts of beauty, its pleasures, although I am very opinionated --( NOOOOOOOOOOOO, really are you --- I hear you say, I seldom whinge and whine about things beyond my control, yep, lucky lady, life is great at this end of the spectrum.
Losos
Fondly Remembered
West Suffolk
Losos is male  Losos has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-07-2012, 12:19 PM

Originally Posted by Jonsey ->
and my tolerance level is higher than it was when working,
Not me Jonsey, every day I find more and more reasons to be sceptical of humans and every day I value the company of our dogs more and more, they never lie to me, they never parade themselves on TV like pompous idiots or make the stupid remarks that news presenters are always making, they never attempt to 'cover up' for idiotic mistakes (Like the software engineers who stupidly designed my mobile satellite system to initialise and reset all the settings before establishing that it has locked on to the correct satellite)

Every day something goes wrong due to bad design and cheap far eastern production methods, every day the news is full of evil people doing evil things to other humans and of course dogs and no one cares. They will say they care but in reality they don't

I keep myself sane by repairing and improving all the products we use and by making new things which are better but still have to rely on others to feed and cloth ourselves, the very act of going into a clothing shop makes my blood boil, thank God I don't have to do it that often.

No my 'tolerance' level is much lower now, when a wage slave I had to be more prudent to stay in a job and earn money, now I don't have that restriction and I can tell it like it is.

I just wrote a scathing letter to the mobile satellite firms, two of them, it's perfectly obvious to me, a mere customer, that they have not been talking to each other, what is so sad about humans is that I know the reply will be a lot of words aimed to make me - the customer - feel like I'm not as 'intelligent' as they are and there's no way they can provide any sort of answer.

I'm working on a device which will have a big button on the top, when I think of a certain person and press the button he/she will be vaporised and no trace will ever be found

Page 3 of 7 < 1 2 3 4 5 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top