Join for free
Page 2 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 > Last »
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-08-2012, 09:51 AM

Re: Intuition.

Originally Posted by mesco m ->
I'm not talking about first impressions,Meg, it's more than that but it's difficult to explain the feeling. It's not only people that it applies to. I used the word intuition but it's much more than that.

Some people don't believe that some people are psychic. I believe that some are, to a greater or lesser degree.
Oh I see Mall I don't believe some people are psychic , to me psychics fall into the same category as magicians.

There is keen and minute observation, some people are better than others at this. There is also coincidence which at times may seem incredible but for me that is all there is.
Morticia
Chatterbox
England
Morticia is female  Morticia has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-08-2012, 09:58 AM

mesco ... I agree some people are psychic too so I would never laugh or crack a joke.

Some just call it a hunch. Some call it intuition. Some call it synchronicity. It's all the same thing.

The world is as full of people having strange 'intuitions' as the Bible is with accounts of walking on water, turning water into wine and burning bushes .... etc.

We don't know everything and can't explain eveything away though the pragmatist and scientists would have us believe we can.

Over a span of 30 to 40 years I have seen a dark shape/shadow/silhouette ... usually just standing in the bedroom at night. It appears for no good reason other than to make me think I'm going batty or need my eyes testing.
The first time ... when it appeared frequently ... was just after my father died (1971).
The next time ... in 1999 .. was just before another death in the family. My mum.
The last time was 2009 ... and when I saw it this time I did pause and wonder over the coincidence ... my older brother died shortly after.

Do I think I'm psychic? No ... not really as I'm reluctant to label or neatly categorize the unexplainable but I do believe it's like there's a cobwebby veil and once in a while impressions, hunches or 'things' can be glimpsed through it .... pretty much like a garbled, crackly, slightly out of tune radio station where you have to listen hard to catch what it's broadcasting or can settle for ignoring it.
mazzie
Scotland
mazzie is female 

11-08-2012, 11:01 AM

Originally Posted by mesco m ->
Or a sixth sense. Do you think you have it?

Do you feel the "Vibes" from other people and are able to know if they are genuine or not. Or do you take people at face value?
That's got nothing to do with being psychic.........
Morticia
Chatterbox
England
Morticia is female  Morticia has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-08-2012, 11:13 AM

Maybe not psychic Mazzie .... but I reckon intuition can come into it.
On meeting a stranger some people just take the stranger at face value ...
Others gauge them by markers like their level of neatness, dress ... mannerisms and politeness. Some people are really rather good at reading body langauge .. and very astute judges of character doing this.
Then there's the ones who read or sense the vibes.
Haven't you ever met anyone who for no good reason that you can fathom has a horrible atmosphere around them. It can seem to cloak them like a cloud. I have.
Morticia
Chatterbox
England

11-08-2012, 11:19 AM

Here's an odd one that's food for thought then ...

You know the expression ...
'You could cut the air with a knife' ... usually when you walk into a room after someone has had an argument?

Isn't that 'vibes' .... and so if people do send out vibes isn't it possible that very sensitive people can pick up other little radar signals that are floating around. That's Intuition.
Barry
Chatterbox
North Notts
Barry is male  Barry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-08-2012, 11:23 AM

Whilst I cannot see why the subject is so serious it cannot withstand a minor joke, I do believe that some sort of power might exist, but it would be hard to label it exactly as it varies so much person to person. For example, myself and Mrs PM seem to have some sort of telepathy whereby we so often say exactly the same thing at the same time, or think of people long since mentioned that it would be difficult to say it was only coincidence. I don't believe in magic and the supernatuiral per se, but there appears to be something that isn't really tangible...
Jem
Chatterbox
Dublin
Jem is male  Jem has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-08-2012, 11:38 AM

I've never been blessed or cursed, which ever way it affects people, with any kind of extra sense but I do believe that some people have something special in that line. My brother and me spent most of our childhood with our Grandmother and if you ever lied to her she always knew, always. We used to think she had magic powers, my brother, who was two years older than me used to say she was a witch, and I believed him at the time.
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-08-2012, 11:43 AM

Originally Posted by Morticia ->
Here's an odd one that's food for thought then ...

You know the expression ...
'You could cut the air with a knife' ... usually when you walk into a room after someone has had an argument?

Isn't that 'vibes' .... and so if people do send out vibes isn't it possible that very sensitive people can pick up other little radar signals that are floating around. That's Intuition.
Morticia that to me is picking up signals from' body language.' The intonation of a voice/facial expression/how a person is holding their body/even the scent they give off due to a surfeit of adrenalin and various hormones. Nothing to do with intuition.
(OT Dogs are excellent at interpreting our body language much better than humans and thanks to people like Turid Rugaas we can now 'read ' some of a dog's body language ourselves ).
Morticia
Chatterbox
England

11-08-2012, 11:48 AM

Ah Meg ... perhaps I phrased that badly. I meant when you go into a room after an argument and no one is there as they've left.
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-08-2012, 11:48 AM

Is the possibility that an extra dimension exsists to be welcomed, or feared.

Page 2 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top