Join for free
Page 3 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >
Morticia
Chatterbox
England
Morticia is female  Morticia has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-08-2012, 11:52 AM

Re: Intuition.

Cor spitfire ... you don't half know how to chuck mindbender questions into the pot..... you little devil you

I shall ponder this one.
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-08-2012, 11:53 AM

Originally Posted by Morticia ->
Ah Meg ... perhaps I phrased that badly. I meant when you go into a room after an argument and no one is there as they've left.
...In that case picking up other signals, maybe you heard an argument , knew there was bad feeling between people so anticipated that there had been an argument, even scent may be involved again . Nothing to do with intuition.
How many times do you go into an empty room after an argument and know nothing about it .
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-08-2012, 11:55 AM

Originally Posted by spitfire ->
Is the possibility that an extra dimension exsists to be welcomed, or feared.
Neither if it exists at all it just 'is' ..
Eggiebread
Bristol, UK
Eggiebread is female  Eggiebread has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-08-2012, 12:00 PM

Interesting thread! I do think folk can get a 'feeling' about another person just as they can sense when something is not quite right say, with a loved one, or a pet.
I seem to pick up somethings about my own brother, who lives in Canada. Ever sat and thought, 'I wonder when so and so will ring me,' or 'I havent heard from so and so for a long time', only to have them call round or ring you that same day?? That happens to me a great deal. Intuition, senses, feelings, us humans do seem to possess some kind of inner awareness.
I believe some are more tuned into that little inner voice, but that it doesn't mean, because a person may not get those feelings or senses, that they don't have them. They are simply less tuned in perhaps?
Does that make any sense?? Or am I waffling ....again. Waves to everyone.
Morticia
Chatterbox
England
Morticia is female  Morticia has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-08-2012, 12:07 PM

Originally Posted by Meg ->
How many times do you go into an empty room after an argument and know nothing about it .
Not often Meg depending on the severity of the argument. A spat ... nah ... nothing. A big row ... the static like energy left in the room is palpable.
I'd even go as far as to say localities can have an atmosphere ... and I don't mean graveyards either as that can be the persons own natural somber, sad, respectful or wistful mood ... but I have been in many a house where my skin has prickled.
Or .. perhaps I'm just a bit batty myself
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire

11-08-2012, 12:21 PM

Not often Meg depending on the severity of the argument. A spat ... nah ... nothing. A big row ... the static like energy left in the room is palpable.
I'd even go as far as to say localities can have an atmosphere ... and I don't mean graveyards either as that can be the persons own natural somber, sad, respectful or wistful mood ... but I have been in many a house where my skin has prickled.
Morticia I grant that in certain house we can allow our imaginations to run away with us based largely on what we are told

I took my son around a reputedly haunted house cica 1080 with a dreadful history. Neither of us felt any 'vibes' just the scent of mustiness that comes with age.
I wouldn't want to live there though because I have read something of the history of the place and contemplating it on a regular basis would make me sad .

(Waves back to Eggiebread )
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire

11-08-2012, 12:37 PM

Not at all Morticia , 'we are what we are' the product of a lifetime of influences and if people wish to believe they have 'special powers' or that there is a tooth fairy, santaclause or a god that is a matter of personal choice. I would put all those things in the same category.

I have a particular dislike of some so called 'Psychics' having had occasion to try to help a couple of people who came under the influence of these people at a time when they were at their most vulnerable .The Psychics contributed greatly to their misery by relieving them of large amounts of cash and in the case of one person almost their life too.
Aerolor
Chatterbox
UK
Aerolor is female  Aerolor has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-08-2012, 05:35 PM

Originally Posted by mesco m ->
Or a sixth sense. Do you think you have it?

Do you feel the "Vibes" from other people and are able to know if they are genuine or not. Or do you take people at face value?
I do not have a sixth sense, but, like most people, I do think I have a certain amount of intuition, or a gut feeling, which must have it's foundation in what I have experienced and understand or maybe what I fear. I have never had any experiences of ghosts, angels, evil spirits or an experience or an ability I would believe to be supernatural or special in origin.
Taking it a step further, I cannot believe in ghosts and I have no fear of the dead. I don't believe the dead can speak to me, (other than in my thoughts and memories - eg what would my dad do or say if he were alive). I don't believe these things can be actually brought up by a third party such as a "psychic", either begnignly or as a ghost to haunt me. They cannot speak to me through anyone else.

i feel "vibes" for want of a better description about other people, but I don't think I make any firm judgements about whether a person is genuine or not from those feelings or vibes. It's simply an impression. I don't think there is anything supernatural about it. I take people at face value, initially. If I get to know someone then I have often found my first impression and feelings change. Sometimes my initial intuitive feelings/vibes are correct, frequently they are not. People are not always as we first percieve them to be and I prefer to wait and see.

Originally Posted by spitfire ->
Is the possibility that an extra dimension exsists to be welcomed, or feared.
I am not sure what you mean Spitfire. Is that extra dimension a religous/spiritual dimension, an extra terestrial dimension, or para-normal dimension, or do you mean the extra dimension is an external or internally experienced extra dimension Spitfire. I can neither welcome or fear something if I am not sure of its existence or if I don't believe it exists.

Not sure if I have made myself clear about this - but I know what I mean. (I think).
Morticia
Chatterbox
England

11-08-2012, 05:48 PM

Originally Posted by Meg ->
Not at all Morticia , 'we are what we are' the product of a lifetime of influences and if people wish to believe they have 'special powers' or that there is a tooth fairy, santaclause or a god that is a matter of personal choice. I would put all those things in the same category.
I'm not sure I'd put God in the same bracket as the Tooth Fairy but as you say ... we are all different. Some peeps are steadfastly practical and down-to-earth.
Hammer
NW England.
Hammer is male 

11-08-2012, 09:46 PM

What an interesting subject.

Are we talking here of an extra dimension to the simple ones we normally think of? because they can be a bit of a conundrum.
For example, height is thought of as simply upwards and downwards but in reality means that downward is really a negative upwards. Width is side to side but left must be simply a negative right.
Depth is front to back and back is therefore just a negative front.

Time they say is the fourth dimension, strange when it seems to be the only dimension that has but one direction - forwards - because If time travel is possible we could only move forward and not back.

As far as sixth sense goes, back in 1990, Feb 14th to be exact I remember standing on Oldham Ahletic's Boundary Park ground for the semi-final first leg of what was then the Littlewoods Cup between my club and the Latics to start.

Surveying their artificial ( plastic ) pitch sent a shiver up my spine, a foreboding that was almost tangible as to what was to come, one could almost taste the bitterness of defeat and yet I hoped it was just a bad pie I was eating at the time.

The history books bear testament to the result, rightly dubbed 'The St Valentines day massacre', even now I wake up in a cold sweat screaming Oldham 6. West Ham 0. Not one, two or even three. Six BL***y nil

Page 3 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top